Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

To Permapet or not to Perma pet.
06-09-2011, 09:22 AM
RE: To Permapet or not to Perma pet.
I agree that it is comparable for those who buy a kitten but have no intention of breeding. However, there are two distinct markets for perma-pets, and the current pricing doesn't really work for breeders. We have many cats and I think a lot of us do not want to menagerie the ones that have become close to us. We have many special kitties and, when the kitty is 120 days old and has been fed for all of that time, it doesn't really make sense to put us in the same group with people who just want a pet cat and could perma-pet one at age 7. We have paid for the cat's food, birthed its babies, fed those babies and supported KittyCats in a different way.

This isn't meant to be against non-breeders, but I do think that the markets are very different and that the 120 day perma-pet option is really supposed to be aimed at breeders. Its pricing should reflect that, if simply because breeders will likely be perma-petting many more kitties. We, who have gotten our kitties to 120 days, have had much more time to get attached to them and I think that that emotional attachment is what really helps KittyCats as a whole. Or any breedable that people really relate to.

And to make the math simpler:

3000 L$ : 2 permapets (all I can really justify at this price) and I have to menagerie kitties that I love

3000 L$ : 10 breeder kitties at 120 days if they costed 300L to permapet

With the second option, KittyCats gets the same amount of money. Actually, over time, they'd probably get more because it's easier to justify 300L than 1500. In exchange, the customer is happier and these non-breeding pets don't affect the market at all. We could afford to keep lots of kitties as a record of our breeding life and can show off kitties (free advertising), and I think it would be hard to justify menagerieing ANY kitty that we've kept to 120 days at that price.

Oh, it's only 300L so the kitty doesn't DIE. Wink

In the long run, I think it'd make more financial sense because it would get breeders, notorious collectors that we are, into the habit of spending that last 300L or whatever on the kitty rather than losing it forever.

IM me inworld as Kyorisa Yven.
The Breeders' Borough | Gypsy Kitten Cattery
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: To Permapet or not to Perma pet. - GypsyKitten - 06-09-2011 09:22 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)