Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

To Permapet or not to Perma pet.
07-08-2011, 09:55 AM
RE: To Permapet or not to Perma pet.
To the KC team:

This is indeed a great community and from my experience in SL one of the best post-sales team and I have all reasons to be happy and thankfull. I love the Kittycats like we all do, and in my case at least -and in many others, I assume- this is a hobby and partly a business even if only to sustain the hobby itself.

But I have to say I cannot agree with the numbers displayed in your response, allthough, as owners, of course it's allways up to you..we can only share our minds.

I refuse to make numbers on the money I spend on KC, because if I did I'd menagerie them all right now ;) Food and milk? Fairly priced and even cheap if you have one couple of kitties for fun..but if you are breeding more seriously..oh gosh! But his not the only expense, I am really glad that we can use vitamins, I am impatient..like many I guess..so...love vitamins, energy vitamins..now you go to sleep to catch up to your new partner...etc. Of course I know..this is all because I want it..theoretically I could just go on with only food..but we do not, do we?

So...yes, I understand your point of view and respect it..but..no..I cannot afford to permapet my kittens :(( and...as I said in the beginning, its a hobby too..we might be a nice community partly because we do love our kitties and we dribble with them. I still believe a kitten over 120 days has given a profit high enough to be given a low priced perma-kit. Some may super traited kittens, but some may just be that old genesis starters that stated it all :)

And that said...nobody's perfect and nothing is perfect either...for me it's the only flaw I found in the Kittycats.

Have a great day and thanx for reading us :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2011, 09:57 AM
I have 4 cats; 2 of them are over 120 days old. I could only afford to buy one permapet kit, and i haven't used it yet because i don't know which pet to use it on. I would love to have more kitties, but I can't afford the food for any more.

This is why I like the idea of the permapet being able to be used for more than one kitty. It would encourage people to have more pets, because even if you have just one, you feel like it's going to waste when you have the item in your inventory, not being used.
07-11-2011, 05:19 AM
In the long run, I think it'd make more financial sense because it would get breeders, notorious collectors that we are, into the habit of spending that last 300L or whatever on the kitty rather than losing it forever.

I agree..I think that when the permapet was conceived of it was mainly thought of for the pet market and not the breeders..however most of us have become very attached to out kitties and want to keep them. Its food cost we consider yes, also prims..and permapetting gives you an option to pick up a cat into inventory without feeling guilty for making it "sick", and yes, many of us do feel very guilty as we love these little pixels. So those of us who have many we would love to keep can do so and rotate them out if we must.
07-14-2011, 08:13 AM
Question RE: To Permapet or not to Perma pet.
:huh:Does it cost to perma pet an elderly cat that cannot breed any longer? just so they eat less? seems unfair at that point.
07-14-2011, 01:41 PM
Poof, it does cost to perma-pet older cats. There is a discount but it does still cost. However, perma-pets do not eat ANY food.

You can always switch any cat (and elderly cats automatically do this) to pet food, which means they eat half as much food, so if you don't mind buying food and keeping them rezzed, pet food might be a good option.

07-16-2011, 03:05 PM
I have sent a few of my favorite kitties off to menagerie because I could not justify the cost of Perma Petting them after I had fed them and gave them milk though out there lives. These were not just breeding kitties to me but my beloved kitties who I would of loved to have kept. But after buying food for them and milk as well and then feeding and giving milk to there off spring that I had kept I could not see spending another $1500 each on the Perma Pet kit.

As a Breeder the $1500 would be better spent on more food and milk for my other kitties. I am not into breeding to make a ton lin if that was the case I would of stopped a long time ago, most weeks I just break even after buying food and milk on good weeks and there far in between these days after feeding my kitties and paying store rent I may make a bit extra and when I do I am thrilled, if I don't I am still happy cause I love breeding and enjoy the kitties so much.

I understand the cost of the $1500 Lin for a brand new kitten to someone who just wanted a pet. But I do not understand the cost for a 120 day old kitten. Even if a person purchased there kitty from a breeder wanting just a pet at 120 days old then perma petted it with a much much cheaper kit someone (the breeder) still had feed said kitty for 120 days.

Also as breeders we work hard to get that perfect kitty with just the right traits a lot of work goes into getting "just the right" kitty once we get it we are thrilled but then OH NO! the days have flown by and now your once perfect kitty is 120 days old and you want to cry. As it stands right now you have three choices keep feeding it or send it off to menagerie or shell out the $1500. If you keep feeding it then you are spending food on a non breeding kitty that could be better spent on your breeding kitty. If you spend the $1500 well to me and to others that $ could be going back into food for your other breeding kitties and third choice is the heart breaking one menagerie!

If we had the choice of a MUCH cheaper perma pet kit it would open up new options for us. To start with we could then perma pet it and keep for our own pet. Or this is the choice I love sell them at 120 days as pets to others.

Being able to sell a 120 day cat as a pet to someone would open up a new market for breeders but it would also benefit KittyCats as well! To start with people who only wanted a pet would be able to get one. KittyCats would benefit by selling a lower cost perma pet kit remember other choice here was the cat would of been sent off to menagerie! So now you have a person who never would of gotten into KittyCats with a cute little pet... but wait now they want a other cause just look how lonely it is all by it self. So now they buy another. Now they have two kittycats they show them off to there friends there friends ask them oh how did you get them do they make new kitties... they want kitties. Somewhere in there you are going to create new breeders.

My point is by being able to sell perma pet kitties at 120 days at a discounted price will end up creating new breeders. New breeders means that kittycats will not be loosing out on money but in the end actuality making more in the long run cause the kittycat market will keep growing.
07-19-2011, 05:46 PM
There are many pets now with a permapet option at 120 and 30 days (dodos) - Meeroos have a pay to permapet option it was set at 1500 but - their food is more expensive - and they have since put "for a cost" instead of the 1500 originally stated - I will update once they put it on the market if the price is cheaper. Biobreeds once the seeds are gone the dogs no longer eat or breed. Other breeders are looking into the options of permapets once a pet ages to a specific age limit including Ozimals.

As Ive stated before - paying the same cost as a normal permapet can get me food for 1 PET cat for a year and a half - in a year and a half something could happen where I can no longer play SL.

I'll have the pets that can be permapetted for a reasonable price or no price at all when I return. But those nice kitties I paid for including the RFL I bought directly from KC - might be sick when I return. But I can feed them back into wellness can't I? It isn't as if they die - unless the company falls under and there is no food to buy by that time - but you are doing well when it comes to the kittycats and I don't see that happening.

But I think I'll still pass on permapetting for now if the cost remain what they are. I did not buy a pet that can guard my house and follow me (it only rides), nor did I buy a pet with a set home that doesn't eat. I bought a pet that uses double the food if it breeds, and besides playing ball performs little function besides eating and sleeping.

As I said before I'm not trying to be rude or undermine you here - I love the KittyCats above all the other cat breedables because of the cost to feed and the variety - not to mention the amazing animations.

This is the one thing I do not agree with on this product.
07-19-2011, 07:53 PM
To follow up on Destiny's post, the blog update on Meeroos today announced the cost of the Mee-Pet option would be 999L and people are very happy with that price overall. I know that some companies, Biobreeds is one, and there are a few others, that have a free pet option at the end of breeding. That is really something that all breedable companies need to look at, I think.

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."
07-20-2011, 01:36 AM
(07-19-2011 07:53 PM)Kimberly Warwillow Wrote:  I know that some companies, Biobreeds is one, and there are a few others, that have a free pet option at the end of breeding. That is really something that all breedable companies need to look at, I think.

amen.
07-25-2011, 09:35 AM
I, as someone who just joined Kittycats, think the permapet price is too high. i myself only plan on breeding my kittys ONCE, just to try it, and after that my kittys will remain the rest of they're lives on pet food. but even then, i live in a skybox on my friends land. if she loses the land, and i have to pick up my kittys, what will i do then? Shell out thousands of linden to permapet my 3 cats so it does'nt hurt then when i have to keep them in my inventory a while? I'm already attached to my 2 kittys, but i cant justify spending almost 2K L on each to keep them forever when my primary SL income is winning contests, a very unstable income source.
TL; DR i really will have no issue paying like 200L a month to feed 3 kittys pet-food but if i ever lose my home i may have to shell out loads more to keep them happy.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)