Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

trait passing question
08-01-2013, 06:39 AM
RE: trait passing question
(07-31-2013 08:16 PM)Sanura Snowpaw Wrote:  ... For some people, myself included, showing a chart of the Mendelian inheritance will make their eyes glass over because their brain simply does NOT process things in that manner ...

ROFLLL!!! OMG that is recognisable those charts kill me still XD
I know how to breed but reading that chart just does not compute and still doesn't.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2013, 07:10 AM
It's great to see so many helpful people Smile

I hope that the people asking don't get discouraged or intimidated by the those who reply with snarky and sarcastic attitudes. Ignore those, don't pay them any mind! As you can see, there are plenty of nice people here who are very patient and kind, and who remember what it was like to learn new concepts with an overwhelming amount of new information. Heart

We were all there once: new and empty, ready and eager to accept new knowledge. An important part of being a teacher/helper is to never forget what that feels like! In fact, there is always more for everyone to learn! Smile

SagaKitty News and Updates Blog:
http://sagakitty.blogspot.ca/
Got Proofs? =^^=
Send full-perm textures/NCs/urls to SagaKitty in SL or email SagaKittySL@gmail.com
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan , Sanura Snowpaw
08-01-2013, 08:41 AM
OK, point taken.

I'll try to remember, while that a statement like "He is not a starter." could be confusing and unclear, any explanation of why he is not a starter would be more confusing and unclear.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. The great-granddaughter has yet to learn that a dime is actually more than a penny; she still goes for the penny, probably because it's larger. Someday, she'll learn the dominance order of money and not simply glaze over and complain it's MATH! (Yes, she is female, so she'll be learning that excuse .. but, not until it's drilled into her by her grammar school teachers.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-01-2013, 08:58 AM
(08-01-2013 08:41 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  OK, point taken.

I'll try to remember, while that a statement like "He is not a starter." could be confusing and unclear, any explanation of why he is not a starter would be more confusing and unclear.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. The great-granddaughter has yet to learn that a dime is actually more than a penny; she still goes for the penny, probably because it's larger. Someday, she'll learn the dominance order of money and not simply glaze over and complain it's MATH! (Yes, she is female, so she'll be learning that excuse .. but, not until it's drilled into her by her grammar school teachers.)

Tad, sorry to say but this should be fun Undecided
Tatiana is just as you and me a customer of fun and entertainment.
I feel nothing should be drilled upon people but rather offered in a format they can understand and that varies per person.
I'm not sure what the female argument does here but I for one don't like the direction you are taking here.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Thanks given by: Wendi Lavendel
08-01-2013, 05:49 PM
(08-01-2013 08:58 AM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  
(08-01-2013 08:41 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. The great-granddaughter has yet to learn that a dime is actually more than a penny; she still goes for the penny, probably because it's larger. Someday, she'll learn the dominance order of money and not simply glaze over and complain it's MATH! (Yes, she is female, so she'll be learning that excuse .. but, not until it's drilled into her by her grammar school teachers.)

I'm not sure what the female argument does here but I for one don't like the direction you are taking here.

Agreed. That was offensive.

SagaKitty News and Updates Blog:
http://sagakitty.blogspot.ca/
Got Proofs? =^^=
Send full-perm textures/NCs/urls to SagaKitty in SL or email SagaKittySL@gmail.com
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan
08-11-2013, 07:21 PM
Seriously? What does being a female have to do with ANYTHING here? That was totally uncalled for and VERY offensive.

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-13-2013, 06:55 AM
I read Tad's 'female' comment as that the little girl is more likely to be taught she can't do something math related by social conditioning in school as that is something that still happens, rather than saying she will default to the 'I can't do math' excuse because she is female.

I could be wrong, but that's how I read it. Detrimental social conditioning is something parents have to guard against, sadly.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)