Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

What's your Breeding Project?
08-03-2013, 08:21 PM
RE: What's your Breeding Project?
I got this kitty that made me happier than getting a royal baby Smile
This combination didn't show up on Tad's Build-a-cat page until I checked it today. S&P with Foxie ears! Took me a month to get this kitty, I was very very lucky the parents threw their recessive fur and ears. I'll probably get duds from them from now on......

[Image: 9433554032_332a564a8e_n.jpg]
S&P Foxie Ears! by seiichiniosaki, on Flickr

[Image: 9228401856_25b79a5db4.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Maxwell Grantly
08-03-2013, 11:21 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2013 11:23 PM by Maxwell Grantly.)
Well done, that Foxie-Foxie combination looks fantastic.

Magical stories from an independent author
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Seiichi Niosaki
08-07-2013, 01:57 AM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2013 04:54 AM by Maxwell Grantly.)
[Image: 9454964191_b39a915d80_o.jpg]

After some working on this project for nearly six months, I am very pleased to announce the arrival of "The Vampire King" to Second Life at Midnight (Second Life Time.)

His stats are:

Fur: Russian - Black
Eyes: Passion (Curious|Small)
Shade: Natural
Tail: Frisky
Ears: Vampire
Whiskers: White (Guitar)
Size: Normal

The traits that I wanted were the Russian Black fur and passion eyes with vampire ears. In addition, I am really pleased that he has small pupils, these will really enhance his passion eyes. My next project will be get a breeding pair. If my luck is anything to go by, it is going to take me another six months or more! LOL

Thanks given by: Skippy Beresford , Raven Cambric
08-08-2013, 12:43 PM
(08-03-2013 02:49 PM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  
(08-03-2013 12:47 PM)CatSoleil Bellecoeur Wrote:  
Kay, thanks again for your inspiration. Your post is what prompted me to poke around in my inventory to see just what retired traits I've saved. Consequently, I've set myself a project for the fall... to try to breed a line of Silver/White Tabbies from the one or two offspring boxes I have that are hiding that fur (I hope!). I think it will both challenging and fun!
Wink

Oh wow how cool!
I'm glad others try to save genes as well Smile
I certainly want to obtain a Silver & White from you when you are ready to sell and are able to get the Silver & White Tabby from your kitties.
I really can't find any on the markets I even visited markets where I usually do not shop.

Oh! Oh! I so want a silver & white tabby also. If memory serves me correctly, that's the only tabby fur I'm missing from collection of boxes.

I've also been thinking of breeding some of the more dominant, but rarely seen furs. Just not sure which yet and with what traits. I'm open for suggestions. To keep this thread clean, you can always send me your suggestions via NC in world if you wish. Smile
08-09-2013, 11:36 AM
WOW. That is a gorgeous kitty! Congratulations![font=Arial][/font]

(08-07-2013 01:57 AM)Maxwell Grantly Wrote:  [Image: 9454964191_b39a915d80_o.jpg]

After some working on this project for nearly six months, I am very pleased to announce the arrival of "The Vampire King" to Second Life at Midnight (Second Life Time.)

His stats are:

Eyes: Passion (Curious|Small)
Tail: Frisky
Whiskers: White (Guitar)

The traits that I wanted were the Russian Black fur and passion eyes with vampire ears. In addition, I am really pleased that he has small pupils, these will really enhance his passion eyes. My next project will be get a breeding pair. If my luck is anything to go by, it is going to take me another six months or more! LOL
 Thanks given by: Maxwell Grantly , Skippy Beresford
08-31-2013, 03:45 PM
Long Live the Queen! She'll hold a special place in our lives for sure! We were so happy to achieve this goal!

(08-31-2013 02:46 AM)Maxwell Grantly Wrote:  Skippy and I have now achieved our next breeding project, a perfect mate for The Vampire King. Meet our newest kitten: The Vampire Queen, "weighing" in at 4.7 inches, she is the perfect future bride for our majestic monarch of the vampires. We just need to wait a week and then the two can be "wed" and hopefully deliver their first offspring a week later.

[Image: 9632698351_007354b2c5_c.jpg]

? The Vampire Queen
Eyes: Passion (Curious|Big)
Tail: Genesis
Whiskers: Silver (Mysterious)

The Vampire Kitties Shop
09-06-2013, 04:44 PM
Yay! We reached another target! The fire eyes look striking on Pumpkin Pie, and is an excellent addition to our vampire kitties family!
Please do stop by the shop and see what we have on offer! There's new kitties there every week!

The Vampire Kitties Shop
12-07-2013, 05:24 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2015 02:22 PM by Maxwell Grantly.)
Here's another two targets ticked off the list:

Target One: Breed a twin male/female pair of rainbow prism-eyed, foxie-eared Foxie Auburn-fured kittens.

Target Two: Permapet The Vampire King

Today Skippy and I achieved our next goal. It was to take "The Vampire King" from box to 120 days and then onto permapet. After a short ceremony and a march around Starlight Island. We finally allowed The Vampire King to drink from the Fountain of Eternal Youth.

[Image: 11259119474_0e4306d1b2_c.jpg]

Thanks given by: Skippy Beresford
12-08-2013, 02:15 AM
Congratulations on achieving your goals, boys Smile Those foxies look great.

I have two projects I am currently working on, my RL cats as KittyCatS and a Bengal - Sorell MegaPuss. I'm keeping track of the kittens for the former in this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArhAiOn8PpUfdHRYazFlVzhycW5xWXQ3MnVqaDlFVEE&usp=sharing

I plan to make a similar spreadsheet for the latter eventually.

<insert witty signature here>
 Thanks given by: Maxwell Grantly , Skippy Beresford
02-02-2014, 06:20 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2015 02:22 PM by Maxwell Grantly.)
Now that Skippy and I have a pair of Foxie-Auburn kittens with foxie-shaped ears, the next target is to get a subsequent box to nine traits. Preferably, we would love to keep the rainbow-themed eyes too.

[Image: 12267568666_13b87cb702_z.jpg]

When Skippy and I walk around the cat markets, we can never understand why the Foxie Fur and Foxie Ear combination is so rare. It seems such an obvious combination and such natural and attractive pairing too.

Current, we have a nine-traited kitten (with a recessive foxie-eared gene) that is breeding with with our current six-traited Foxie-Auburn offspring (that has a foxie-shaped ear) and so we hope that this target can be achieved in a couple of months. However, past experience has taught us that we should never become too complacent as all sorts of spanners are often thrown into the works.

Thanks given by: Skippy Beresford

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)