Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

What's your Breeding Project?
06-05-2013, 03:55 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2015 02:19 PM by Maxwell Grantly.)
Star What's your Breeding Project?
I wonder whether any of you have a breeding project that you would like to share. I guess some residents may simply like to breed randomly to see what occurs but, for the purpose of this thread, I would love to know if you have a special Kitty Cat breeding project that you are working on.

As for me: I have been trying, for just over 100 days now, to breed a "perfect" vampire kitten. I want to create a kitten with a Russian Black fur, passion eyes and vampire ears. When I have done this, I shall set about back-breeding the vampire kittens to try and create a pure strain. This screen shot shows you how far I have progressed. It's a difficult task!

Currently, I have managed to get the vampire ear gene into my three Russian Black/passion eye kittens, as a hidden recessive gene. I am now going to progress by back-breeding these three pairs, if any of the offspring show the desired traits that I want. I'll let you know when I have achieved my target.

I set my little brother, Skippy, his Kitty Cats breeding project. I asked him to create a pure white fur and eyes kitten to complement my vampire project. It would be called the "angel" kitten. Skippy used a divine eye on a Russian White fur and created this kitten. Today he birthed it and, I hope, may work on making the shade radiant or full bright.

Well done to Skippy for achieving his "Angel Kitten" target. Doesn't the divine eye suit the white fur perfectly?

Magical stories from an independent author
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Sara Franco , CatSoleil Bellecoeur , Skippy Beresford , JC Aferdita
06-06-2013, 05:42 AM
RE: What's your Breeding Project?
gorgeous kitties, and congrats on the "angel" kitty. Keep us the good work with the vamp kitty, you have more patience then I do to pull something like this off. I wish you the best of continued luck.

Big Grin Kitty Cats Are Like Potato Chips, You Can Never Have Just One Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Maxwell Grantly
06-06-2013, 06:11 AM
As always, my personal breeding project is to convince Charm to cut back so she's below 100 live cats. I have as much success with that as y'all do teasing 9-trait cats from your starters. It can happen, but the odds of success are low.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-06-2013, 06:45 AM
(06-06-2013 06:11 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  As always, my personal breeding project is to convince Charm to cut back so she's below 100 live cats. I have as much success with that as y'all do teasing 9-trait cats from your starters. It can happen, but the odds of success are low.

Good luck with your special project Tad - that gave me a good laugh! Tongue
06-11-2013, 09:23 AM
Ever since my awesome kitty mentor Malayaa gave me a kitty with Jade eyes I have been trying and trying to put jade on an Abyssinian Blue. The kitty she gave me is 281 days old now, to give you an idea of how long I have been working on this combo. I tried various sibling breedings, cross breedings, back breedings, etc. until finally I had my first Blue Jade girl. Now Estebana and her brother are hard at work breeding an army of Aby Blue Jades. Of course, their first kitten skipped over the Jade and went to the Ody Bellini but he's still a cutie too. Even though it took ages, it all worked out in the end because these kitties are much more traited than they would have been if I had got the fur/eye combo I wanted much earlier!

[Image: 8849050849_c5bb5ed807_n.jpg]
Estebana and Rico by Daki Lapin, on Flickr

[Image: 7884046580_9ba4a7cbb5_n.jpg]

Marketplace Store

United Catteries Store
 Thanks given by: Maxwell Grantly , Sara Franco , Whispers Magic
06-12-2013, 08:01 AM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/citzkatz/9023726237/

Im not sure how to get the pictures in here but i have been working on the cream lynx and fancy diamond eyes for a while.. Here is one of my Cream Lynx with Purple diamond eyes.. Glitter shade... Silver frazzled whiskers I want to put MOF ears and maybe flash on this line also !.... Thanks
06-12-2013, 09:03 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2013 09:23 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
My breeding projects goes over multiple retired furs and traits and preserving them.
At this moment, beyond others, I try to make a Red Tabby, which is currently pure in my cattery, with new traits old meets new so to say Smile
I was able to make a Red Tabby with a Fussy Tail so far.
I really enjoy working with older furs lately and especially retired furs.
I think they are also convenient to use with starters.
I love all your projects!
The white Russian with divine is just wow!
Congrats with the progress of that kitty line Smile
I love the Aby Blue also I received it from my starters with Shamrock eyes but with Jade will look just even more awesome I think!
Cutting down, Tad? *oUcH* don't help me to remember that is needed every so often because I don't want to -.-
Your kitty is just so pretty Magnum and that photo as well!
I think that is my favorite Fancy eye :-)
Here I made an example by the way on how to put a picture in the forum I hope that helps »

P.s. Sharing in the new Flickr interface goes the same only the button location has changed I made a screenshot »

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Thanks given by: Maxwell Grantly , Sara Franco , CatSoleil Bellecoeur
06-12-2013, 03:04 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2013 03:10 PM by Magnum Vaher.)
ThanksssssTongue

[Image: 9023761655_11b93b0cfb.jpg]
OES Purp Diamond_001 by Magnum - CityKatZ, on Flickr

Wooot ... i got it .. OES with fancy purp too!!
 Thanks given by: Maxwell Grantly , Sara Franco , Whispers Magic
06-15-2013, 05:44 PM
nice, great job Smile

Big Grin Kitty Cats Are Like Potato Chips, You Can Never Have Just One Big Grin
 Thanks given by: Maxwell Grantly , Skippy Beresford
06-16-2013, 05:13 PM
I'm currently working on 3 main projects, plus my pandies, which help bringing kibble money in(I'll probably get more serious with this one once I've chosen which traits I want to put on it) Tongue

Siamese Flame, Lucky Irish Clover, Odyssey no. 2, Stubby Tail, Blonde Streaked Plush Whiskers. Little Minnie, here most probably has pure fur, eyes and tail, I'm working on introducing one of my males' pure Ody no. 2 in there, and getting a pure blonde-plush combo, to introduce later, once everything eles has been purified Tongue
[Image: 9062957190_200d05e5a1.jpg]

Ocicat Cinnamon Silver, Peach Bellini, Soft Fold, Fussy, Latte Curious whiskers. This is the closest I got so far, which is pretty good, since I haven't been working on this one for very long yet:
[Image: 9060728219_49c12d1d41.jpg]

And final, but not least, Russian Black with Ody Rainbow eyes and Twinkle shade. I'm not sure which other traits I'll throw in, probably boo boo everything and white whiskers. One of my very first cats was a russian black with ody rainbow eyes and I fell in love with him Heart
Maverick has Rainbow prism eyes, but hides Ody Rainbow Smile
[Image: 9060728107_994fb93f0d.jpg][Image: 9062977388_6cecccc45b.jpg]

I have a couple of Abyssinian Lilac with Odyssey Wonder eyes that I'd like to work with eventually. Those were both the hidden traits of my very first kittycat(a starter), and I fell in love, too Tongue

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)