Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Vanishing cat
05-31-2013, 01:56 AM
Vanishing cat
I have an issue that keeps reoccurring. When I drop my cat after cuddling or holding.. it disappears. On three occassions I have found him back in my inventory.. annoyingly then had to buy vitamins because he was then ill. This time however, he has disappeared completely Sad

Does anyone know how or where he has gone.. and what I can do about it?

Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2013, 08:07 AM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2013 08:09 AM by Tad Carlucci.)
RE: Vanishing cat
The primary cause of issues when holding or cuddling a cat is failure to ensure your Avatar is in the proper land group before dropping. Your comments make me think you're using the Drop option from the pie menu: so this isn't the issue for you.

When you attempt to Drop a cat, you also need to ensure there are sufficient prims available on the parcel. When you Drop a cat, if there are not enough free prims on the parcel, the Simulator will refuse to accept the cat; leaving the Asset Server no choice but to return the cat to your Inventory.

Even when all is good, and the cat SHOULD appear, it happens that it does not. Second Life has always had some issues with this, but, in recent weeks, especially a few weeks ago, Linden Labs has had excessive problems with asset management. So, sometimes, the cat simply fails to appear.

Often, when rezzing from Inventory, you'll get the message "Attempt to rez an object failed." But, since a held/cuddled cat is already rezzed, and you're simply attempting to move it from "attached to Avatar" to "attached to Region", that message does not appear.

So, when Dropping a held/cuddled cat, you want to hang around and ensure it actually appears in-world.

If it does not, check your inventory immediately. The cat SHOULD be there.

If the cat did not appear in-world and is not in your Inventory, LOG OUT of Second Life. Wait a bit, then log back in.

Upon re-entering Second Life, check your in-world and in your inventory, again. Sometimes the cat DID rez, but you could not see it. Sometimes it was returned to your inventory but was not listed. Logging out and back in SHOULD correct both cases.

If the cat STILL does not appear either in-world, or in your Inventory, file a Support Ticket.

Of course, if you do find the cat in your Inventory, you'll want to rez it in-world so it can eat.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-31-2013, 11:39 PM
Also make sure you aren't using "Detach" rather than "Drop"

[Image: 7884046580_9ba4a7cbb5_n.jpg]

Marketplace Store

United Catteries Store
06-07-2013, 01:22 PM
I've had this issue once and relogged....BOOM in my inventory it was. Another time, came to find the cat landed inside a fireplace! LOL!! Most often, they land in the air. Some drop to the ground (or on the other kitties head if I dropped one right before), and some stay in the air, so I always zoom out a bit now to see. Tongue

[Image: Untitled-3_zpse0d66f02.png]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)