Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Floozy cats!
05-26-2013, 05:07 PM
RE: Floozy cats!
It's been well over a year since I suggested that Love Tables be put in parcels of their own to prevent unwanted production.

"Proximity" is defined as the Home position of each cat being within range of each other. There is no "sim-wide" range. The longest possible is "in-parcel". If one, or the other, of the Love Tables is in a parcel of its own, breeding will usually NOT be possible.

Note, however, that rezzing the boy and girl together, puts their Home positions at the point where you rezzed them in-world. Moving them from there, using the Edit handles to position them on the Love Tables, does NOT change their Home positions: they will still mate.

To avoid problems at Too Adorable, move both cats where you want them. THEN set their Home to the final position AND set their range to the smallest possible. The Love Tables at Too Adorable are far enough apart that setting the cats Homes THEN setting their ranges to the minimum will prevent unwanted production.

As you learned, Pose and Prim Mode have no effect upon Range. Pose will stop them wandering but has no effect upon production.

Finally, when it comes the wandering cats, think of Range as a *suggestion*. It's a well-known bug with KittyCatS!, there since Day Zero, that wandering cats can, and do, wander outside of the Range setting.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2013, 07:01 PM
(05-26-2013 04:47 PM)Mellyn Llewellyn Wrote:  
(05-26-2013 04:37 PM)Petronilla Whitfield Wrote:  I once saw a girl kitty at the Love Shacks at Too Adorable who had a box next to her and whose love had dropped to zero. I suppose the owner had put a boy at 100% in the Love Shacks as well and had both cats set to roam the whole parcel (although set to pose). The mother cat seemed, well, to be showing an independent nature.

Kitties can't both pose and roam. If they're posed, they stay put.

However, I learned the hard way that even if a girl is posed on the 100% girl table, she can have a kitty with some random boy on the 100% boy table IF when I first put her down, it was by the boy table.

I rezzed a girl next to the boy table, then moved her over to the girl table, thinking that it was only proximity that made them breed, but proximity is determined by their home spot, not their actual location, so she had an unplanned box.

I found that hard to explain. I hope it's making sense.

Sorry Mellyn, I meant *range* not *roam*--that the girls kitty's range must have been set for the whole parcel. Didn't mean to be confusing!
Find all posts by this user
05-27-2013, 09:58 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2013 09:59 AM by Nenya Eun.)
(05-26-2013 04:47 PM)Mellyn Llewellyn Wrote:  However, I learned the hard way that even if a girl is posed on the 100% girl table, she can have a kitty with some random boy on the 100% boy table IF when I first put her down, it was by the boy table.

Hmmm I doubt that, unless they are partnered, KittyCatS cannot mate with a cat you do not own.

Co-owner of TraitS R uS
[Image: bannieretrupetite.png]
Friendly KittyCatS market & auction site. French, English, Spanish, Dutch, German spoken
 Thanks given by: Brunabug Nightfire
05-29-2013, 10:10 PM
Oh, sorry Winter, I thought pawfessor implied anyone who thought they knew everything and touted around as such. Not one specific person. I also agree with you, she is hawt, although I too, have never seen her.

[Image: heart.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-10-2013, 05:40 AM
What ive done to avoid this is since i have three plots on same sim but not near each other i have one plot as the boy kittens man cave, one thats the lady kittens den and the 3rd plot is the kitten love shack where i pair up kittens ready to go.
06-10-2013, 09:28 AM
It would be awesome I think if cats in world only breed if we want them to do it XD
Those furry rabbits are so slippery LOL
Some cats I want to keep at 100% as test kitties for example.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)