Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

KittyCatS! Wiki (5.29.13 Still need a few furs! Looking for Collection cats pictures! Thank you EVERYONE! <3)
05-16-2013, 07:45 PM
RE: KittyCatS! Wiki
Very nice work !!!!

Adorable Pets a KittyCatS Breedable Market, Auctions, Bid Boards, Love Shacks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-17-2013, 04:47 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2013 04:53 PM by LadyBrighid Resident.)
Great initiative! I really love the idea, it's a great way to share information in real time.

I would recommend using this auction schedule instead as there are a few items that are out of date on the one currently listed:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlwiyBcJG42fdDR3NV9NaHdHYVpsMndUWXNuWXFGUHc#gid=0

?? Lady Bri ??
Too Adorable Auctioneer ? KittyCatS Breeder
05-17-2013, 05:13 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2013 05:16 PM by Ethereal Hurricane.)
Auction page created for auction times, I don't go to many auctions so if people want to update when their auctions are, I can try to fill them out, feel free to use any of the 'talk' or 'discussion' pages for any page edits if you are unsure, or post here!

http://kittycatsaddicts.wikia.com/wiki/Auctions

I'm so happy to see we're already getting a ton of people making contributions!
Also, for now, the front page is going to be extremely messy. When we get more organized I'll go through (or someone will!) and update it and make it look better. For now, anything goes, but in the future, if you want a specific thing on the front page, consider making a page for it, and linking.

Also, for museums and things like that, we'll probably place them on a page similar to the secondary market page, located here.

http://kittycatsaddicts.wikia.com/wiki/S...ry_Markets

[Image: heart.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-17-2013, 09:27 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2013 09:32 PM by Ethereal Hurricane.)
I've disabled comments for now, please use talk pages for questions or comments!

[Image: 2VGkg.png]

Just click that talk button, and it till take you to a new page, to post your comments!

If you get something that looks like this:
[Image: 2VGm3.png]

Just hit this button:
[Image: 2VGnn.png]

You'll be brought to a new page, similar to a forum post, with all sorts of editing tools.

Type your question, or comment, into the big text box, then always end your question by pressing the signature button, or type four (4) ~~~~ to sign your name to your question.

Before you submit your question or comment, always fill out this box:
[Image: 2VGpz.png]
So it creates a new space for your question!

Thank you everyone for your hard work so far, keep it up!!!!!

Every single page has a talk page, and you may use that to discuss the page, and allow everyone to agree on proposed changes.

You can also use the page to add comments or updates for someone else to add if you are uncomfortable editing a wiki on your own!
I've updated the auctions wiki page using that google doc linked earlier as well, but it needs help. I need SURLs for auctioneer's areas, and full names (user names, not display names) of all auctioneers. Thank you!

Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan
05-18-2013, 02:06 PM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2013 02:10 PM by Tad Carlucci.)
What we don't have on the Wiki is an area to talk about the design and maintenance of the Wiki in a threaded-forum manner.

This thread on KittyCatS.biz will do, for now, but it seems .. hmm .. unseemly? .. to use the official site's forums to talk about the design and maintenance of another site.

This occurred to me because I was thinking about adding a "Rules of Thumb" section where questions which have no firm answer can be put. For example: I want to buy starters, one-at-a-time, and want a breeding pair .. how many should I get before I give up? (5) Or: I need a girl from this pair and all I get are boys .. how many boxes should I let the pair make before I give up? (4).

The question I wanted to ask was: is this a reasonable section or should it not be part of the Wiki? If we had a threaded area, especially if it had voting capabilities, I would ask the question and see what the other contributors to the Wiki thought before proceeding.

Also, having it open to all to edit is OK, for now, but it means someone will need to make regular backups in case someone gets upset and decides to start removing or defacing content.
05-18-2013, 03:30 PM
I agree with you Tad, I'd like to see a threaded area like that. I think the forum is wonderful for promoting the wiki but the contributors should have a place to discuss design and whatnot.

[Image: ohdeersig.gif]
KittyCatS History Thread
05-18-2013, 03:38 PM
I promise you this chatty bird tries to talk with you but I have no clue what the most effective way is on the Wiki XD

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

05-18-2013, 04:10 PM
I can enable the 'wiki forums' but I'm not sure how they work, I'll figure something out when I get home from work today.

05-18-2013, 05:22 PM
(05-18-2013 02:06 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  What we don't have on the Wiki is an area to talk about the design and maintenance of the Wiki in a threaded-forum manner.

This thread on KittyCatS.biz will do, for now, but it seems .. hmm .. unseemly? .. to use the official site's forums to talk about the design and maintenance of another site.

This occurred to me because I was thinking about adding a "Rules of Thumb" section where questions which have no firm answer can be put. For example: I want to buy starters, one-at-a-time, and want a breeding pair .. how many should I get before I give up? (5) Or: I need a girl from this pair and all I get are boys .. how many boxes should I let the pair make before I give up? (4).

The question I wanted to ask was: is this a reasonable section or should it not be part of the Wiki? If we had a threaded area, especially if it had voting capabilities, I would ask the question and see what the other contributors to the Wiki thought before proceeding.

Also, having it open to all to edit is OK, for now, but it means someone will need to make regular backups in case someone gets upset and decides to start removing or defacing content.

I've enabled the forums on the wiki, found under the 'on the wiki' tab. I do not want to replace these forums what so ever. So I only plan to have wiki only discussions, for the most part on the wiki.

I've also moved the recent changes to the main page of the wiki, and frankly the only reason I've even continued to use this thread is to bump it so people become more aware of the wiki.

@Tad specifically, I have bumped you up to admin, and I've seen what you've done on and around the forums and have full confidence that you'll do the right thing without the need for approval.

Secondly, to address the comment about vandals attacking posts on the wiki, while that is commonplace on wikipedia, I highly doubt it will be 'much' of an issue on our wiki. However, I will be assigning more people to roles as more people sign up and take action on the wiki, and allow people to lock pages from general editing as needed.

The last thing, anything on a wiki can be reverted. All edits and changes, especially those created and changed by non-admins can be reverted with a click of a button. Even if it wasn't noticed for months. All revisions are saved on a wiki, so I'm not too worried about needing to 'back-up' anything.

Also, just to be blunt, if I do see people harassing others, or defacing things, I'll warn them, but after that I'm just going to ban them from editing. I joke around a lot and love to have fun, but I see all the hard work people are already putting into this wiki, and I will not tolerate others destroying that work.

That being said, some pages that are deemed 'complete' will be protected from editing at some point. (The front page specifically)

05-19-2013, 12:10 PM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2013 12:13 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
Added to the Wiki Video Section »
Your KittyCatS! Video's are more than welcome let 'm come Smile

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)