Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

KittyCatS! Wiki (5.29.13 Still need a few furs! Looking for Collection cats pictures! Thank you EVERYONE! <3)
05-15-2013, 04:24 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2013 03:42 PM by Ethereal Hurricane.)
KittyCatS! Wiki (5.29.13 Still need a few furs! Looking for Collection cats pictures! Thank you EVERYONE! <3)
[Image: 300px-Welcome_to_wiki_500.png]* We've fully moved to a hosted server located at http://www.kittycatsaddicts.com/wiki

Quote:*-current project-* Looking for as many images of every single fur that people are willing to provide! Feel free to drop me a line in world, or sign up on the wiki and add them yourselves! Our 'ideal' goal would be to have a picture of every single fur, with every single shade to go along with that fur.
We need pictures for all cats, but the following are in dire need:
Chateau - 3-Spot 2
Chateau - Cocoa & White 2
Foxie - Soft Black
Snowshoe - Bluepoint
...more to come!

Also, I'm going through updating the collection cats pictures. If you have a really AWESOME picture of your collection cats (individual or complete collections, both welcome!), please help us out and toss me a link!

Here is an example of one Adrienne Arliss did for us! Fancy KittyCatS
We have tons and tons of space! Lets fill it with all those pretty pictures of your wonderful cats! <3

Aright, we're all set up and in what I would consider a beta phase on the wiki. We've got a working layout which we are constantly, tweaking and adjusting to make it look visually pleasing as best we can. As this is a community effort, I would like to make my first suggestion that if you have any ideas for the layout of the site, or anything at all for that matter, please pass along your ideas to me, or any other admin. We also have a forum dedicated to the wiki, which we would love for it to be used to post new ideas.

I would also, at this time, like to welcome anyone and everyone part of the KittyCatS community to join and and start sharing information. We have made a few adjustments based on community concerns that limit who can create or edit pages on the wiki. To bypass this restriction, all you need to do is sign up with a free account. No email or anything is required. You do not need to confirm anything. Just create your account. The only 'request' we have is that you use your Second Life avatar name, so we can easily recognize you and your contributions. You do not have to comply, this is only a request.

Once you have created your user name, simply post on the forum asking for editing rights. I, or another admin, will move you into a special editing group.

This gives you access to edit almost every page on the wiki. For now, the auction times and locations page on the wiki is open for anyone who has editing rights to edit. In the future I may create a special group just for auctioneers.

My goal for the wiki is to be a definitive resource for all information regarding KittyCatS.

Other information:

This is a community wiki, and I fully believe in each and every member of the community. I've had the opportunity to get to know so many people, and I know most of you would do anything you can do help. I find this a special quality in this community that you just don't find anymore in online communities. That being said, I, along with Kayleigh McMillan, are currently the only two who people have complete access to the wiki. Meaning we both have complete control should something go wrong. As such, for now, we are the only ones able to add features and things of that nature to the wiki. Others have expressed interest, and I am completely willing to allow other access to things they might need, should such a situation arise.

I pay 100% of the costs and fees associated with the wiki, and while I currently have zero plans (as it is fully paid for, for the next two years) to ask for donations, should the need ever arise, no special benefits will ever be given to donators (unless of course you just like having the word donator next to your group listings). I will never run ads on the site, except to, if the station arises, promote special KittyCats releases, for information purposes only.

Future Improvements:
[Image: heart.gif]A better way to upload and display images. As I stated earlier, we have plenty of space for images. I want to utilize it. I wan't all the awesome picture everyone in the community creates to be on display!
[Image: heart.gif]Continued work on the interface will be happening for a while, expect things to look different over the next few days (weeks?)
[Image: heart.gif]IDEAS!? Positive suggestions and ideas are always welcome. Unreasonable or unproductive posts will be disregarded and/or ignored.

Special Thanks:
Kayleigh McMillan: Thank you for everything you've done. You're probably the only reason at this point the wiki has not burned to the ground. Through all the frustrations and roadblocks, you've kept me motivated to keep going. Everything you have done has been so amazing and your willingness to work on any task assigned is a god-send. I appreciate everything you've done for me and the community, and I'm proud to have the opportunity to work with you on this awesome project!

[Image: heart.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan , Eurydice Barzane , Sara Franco , Angelfa Watkins , Marisa Starbrook , Devilness Chant , Kendrah Vantelli , Brandon Dawson , Aisling MacMoragh , Jelly Supply , Theodore Nacht , Priestess Firanelli , Arya89 Resident , AmoreJade Cyberstar
05-15-2013, 04:55 PM
RE: KittyCatS! Wiki
Great initiative Smile

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Aisling MacMoragh
05-15-2013, 05:33 PM
How about a Secondary Market Section? It could have the main and known secondary market sims on it like all the Adorable sims, Panthar's, Vygg, TraitRUs, PussCat Khaos and the like. A collars market area as well.

I would be totally willing to help out on this! I think this is a fantastic idea!

[Image: Untitled-3_zpse0d66f02.png]
05-15-2013, 06:01 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2013 06:02 PM by Ethereal Hurricane.)
Yeah that sounds like a great idea! I was suggesting before we could use it for dominance orders, using discussion pages to verifiy data before it goes live. Maybe have specific pages on the wiki locked so only 'trusted' people may push live updates.

That way people can see who is contributing data in real time, where as currently it's all being done via notecards in world, and could takes weeks to get processed.

05-15-2013, 06:20 PM
Can I add pages for each breed/fur with some information about the RL breed in addition and maybe a picture of where it was derived from? I totally have an entire image gallery on my laptop of kittycats furs and their exact RL lookalikes, LOL

I'll also add the discovery dates/collection and discoverer if any information is available from the history doc for each fur's page: http://goo.gl/tDkgd

[Image: ohdeersig.gif]
KittyCatS History Thread
 Thanks given by: Angelfa Watkins , LadyBrighid Resident , Aisling MacMoragh
05-15-2013, 06:35 PM
You can add whatever the heck you want, when everything is set up, we'll have a group who authorizes deletions of unnecessary pages, if needed.

05-15-2013, 06:54 PM
It is great fun to work with and oh a secondary market section would be awesome!
It would need to be reviewed each month or so I think as markets come and go Smile
Oh Deery that is an awesome idea I can't wait to see it.
I still fight the navigation a bit such as how to friend eachother and all but I'm sure time will tell XD

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

05-16-2013, 12:41 PM
I created a page for the secondary market, it's obviously just a really rough page so far. Tad has been hard at work it seems and has created 2 new pages about breeding information. Nice job so far everyone!

05-16-2013, 06:04 PM
This is really nice! I book marked it so I can always go there and see what's new.

Thank you for this Ethereal!

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
05-16-2013, 07:15 PM
I'm loving all the info up there already! I think this will be the perfect place to send new people to guide them towards all the relevant community info on everything from dom/rec to markets etc!

[Image: 7884046580_9ba4a7cbb5_n.jpg]

Marketplace Store

United Catteries Store

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)