Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Instructional Breeding Project (Week 7 Info: MEGA!)
07-07-2013, 07:34 PM
RE: Instructional Breeding Project (Week 7 Info: MEGA!)
(07-07-2013 07:22 PM)Misa Delight Wrote:  This is such a great series Wendi!! Very cool with so much useful info.
I have my own ideas about how kitties pass traits here: http://misa-delight.blogspot.com/p/misas...-work.html
Kitties have special coins that they keep in secret pockets for when they need to flip them and decide on how traits are passed.
My explanation is less scientific Big Grin

OMG Misa that is so cute!!!! I love the little coin with the "head" and "tail" LOLOL!!!

SagaKitty News and Updates Blog:
http://sagakitty.blogspot.ca/
Got Proofs? =^^=
Send full-perm textures/NCs/urls to SagaKitty in SL or email SagaKittySL@gmail.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2013, 08:38 PM
Misa I love your chart!! Very cool. Smile

... and happily following this thread weekly. Thanks again for all of the info shared and the work you guys are putting into this - it helps!
 Thanks given by: Wendi Lavendel
07-07-2013, 09:43 PM
(07-07-2013 07:22 PM)Misa Delight Wrote:  This is such a great series Wendi!! Very cool with so much useful info.
I have my own ideas about how kitties pass traits here: http://misa-delight.blogspot.com/p/misas...-work.html
Kitties have special coins that they keep in secret pockets for when they need to flip them and decide on how traits are passed.
My explanation is less scientific Big Grin

Ohhh Misa I love your explanation! I might have to ask you about using it when I do a class again!!

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2013, 12:03 AM
Yay! I am glad people like my explanation! It's silly, but it helps me in my breeding projects remember what traits could pass Big Grin
07-13-2013, 09:18 AM
That's great Misa! Smile I think my kitties are dropping and losing their coins this week. lol

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
07-13-2013, 05:36 PM
(07-13-2013 09:18 AM)devilness chant Wrote:  That's great Misa! Smile I think my kitties are dropping and losing their coins this week. lol

heheheh!
Sometimes I swear they are using trick coins on me where both sides are the same Big Grin
10-04-2015, 07:23 PM
im really new to this i just got two kittens i been doing a lot of reading. but i do not understand the traits all this is beyond me. or were to get help with better understanding.
10-05-2015, 05:38 AM
(10-04-2015 07:23 PM)MRxGQxFUTURISTIKxKG Resident Wrote:  im really new to this i just got two kittens i been doing a lot of reading. but i do not understand the traits all this is beyond me. or were to get help with better understanding.

Hi Smile
you can find all about traits here -> http://kittycats.biz/help/article.php?id=61
10-05-2015, 08:03 AM
Here's a mental model ...

The Dealer (KittyCats Resident) does this ...

Go to the store and get a fewof those money gift envelopes with the window so you can see the dead presidents through the little window. Get a stack of 1's, 5's, 10's and 20's.

Shuffle the money. Take the first two bills, put them in an envelop so you can see the smallest through the window; flip a coin .. if it's Heads, mark the envelop 'Male'; tails, 'Female'. Keep going until you have one male and one female.

Hand one Male and one Female to the Player (you).

You, the Player ...

Hand the Dealer an empty envelop and your Male and Female to the Dealer.

The Dealer randomly takes one bill from each envelop and pulls out a new bill of the same denomination. He returns the bills to the envelops and puts the new ones into the new envelop; again, with the smaller showing through the window. And, again, flips a coin and mark the envelop's gender. He then hands and all three envelops back to you.

Of course you want to know which of your envelops have 20's !!!

When you started, all you saw was 1's. But, every now and then, he'll hand you back an envelop showing a 5, 10 or 20. Since there's nothing larger than a 20, you know any envelop showing a 20 has TWO 20's .. and, since one must have come from each parent, you know that, even though the the parents may show a 1, 5 or 10, it must hide a 20.

It's that simple.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)