Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Eye mystery
05-13-2013, 08:36 AM
RE: Eye mystery
(05-13-2013 08:26 AM)Liriel Garnet Wrote:  
(05-12-2013 04:27 PM)STRlNGS Resident Wrote:  If I may lend a machete to your intellectual thicket...

New baby, Donaghy dad, fire eyes. http://gyazo.com/00bc84f458a04bbf942e2893537a31e5

I don't know if that helps or hurts, but there ya go...

I'd say this shows pretty definitively that the starter Donaghy hid(es) fire and passed it to his OS, and that box is pure Fire, as Tad said. This would mean that the special baby got the Crystal Dream from ... either a glitch or a programmed substitution that was planned but not announced. This begs the question -- those that are breeding with the special OS -- is *everyone* getting one of the new Crystal eyes hiding??

My current pairing of candyce with her whatever eyes and my wild childs showing crystal sun eyes could turn out all kinds of weird, then?

Strings Kitties At The ScratchN Post
Strings Kitties At The ScratchN Post CatNip
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2013, 08:36 AM
LOL KC starts with the mind games now XD

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

05-13-2013, 07:37 PM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2013 07:39 PM by Callie Cline.)
Hey Everyone:

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention.

After looking into this issue, we found out what has caused this.

The Spring Cats ("Scrambled Eggs" and "Wild Flowers") had the possibilty of carrying the special eyes from the "Costumes" and that would be passed on to their offspring.

Due to a human error that same "chance" was mistakenly also added for the Special offspring, "Deviled" and "Wild Child." (similar to how the Lucky Irish Clover eye was assigned).

So if you are breeding with a "Deviled" or "Wild Child" and see one of the "Crystal eyes" appear out of the blue, this is the reason why. It's like they "got" a "special eye", even if their parents did NOT have it.

As this affects quiet a few cats, and to provide the same chances to everyone, we will not change this, and everyone who still has to breed its special cat will have that same random chance of it getting a "special eye".

We normally don't tell about your discoveries in recessive and dominants, as we know it's part of your fun Smile however, in this case, since this mistake was made, you may want to review your community trait ranking list as this confusion may have led to wrong assumptions with the Crystal eyes.

We are really sorry for the mess up and if this somehow has caused problems for you, please contact Support and we will try to help you as best we can. We hope this explains the situation and again we thank you for bringing it to our attention, and for your understanding.

btw... I am amazed by how you all figure stuff out so well.

Callie
 Thanks given by: STRlNGS Resident , Kayleigh McMillan , dakillakm Resident , Liriel Garnet
05-13-2013, 08:33 PM
Kudos to the KittyCatS team for their timely and clear response.

Saga's charts will only be effected if the information is based upon the special offspring, and only if it's one of the Crystal eyes. Any conclusions drawn from breeding the parents, and their non-special offspring, remain correct.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-14-2013, 07:01 AM
Lol cool thanks Callie <3

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

05-14-2013, 10:09 AM
Callie, KC, Equi and all,

You guys are the best (and it's good to know that even KittyCatS is a bit human *grins*)!! I love that you all listen to us and respond and work with us to figure out anomalies. In this case, the only downside is that we'll have to be a bit more careful when we work out the dominance/recessiveness order of the new eyes, and there's a huge upside: All of those breeding with the eggs and flowers have another chance at getting special eyes even if the starters don't hide them directly!!

I've already sent Saga an IM, she'll know which 'proofs' came in based on the special OS vs. others and we can keep an eye out in the future. This actually gives us more chances to figure things out, but we'll have to keep a careful eye on what proofs we use for the special OS.

Thanks again for all you do for us!!

Kitty Kollege Pawfessor, Kitty Kottage
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Is.../69/224/22
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan
05-14-2013, 11:49 AM
Yes, thanks for the IM, Liriel. I haven't been in SL for a week or more, but I know from the emails I get when I get inventory offered that I have a big stack of notecards awaiting me with proof regarding the crystal eyes... Many of which are now pretty much meaningless.

As Callie pointed out, "...you may want to review your community trait ranking list as this confusion may have led to wrong assumptions with the Crystal eyes.", which means I will basically have to delete them from the charts, re-find any and all proof I got until now (luckily not so hard, thanks to my own "archive-system"), and start all over while cross-referencing with the new proof I have been sent - while I obviously disregard any that contains breeding with the special kitties...

This might be as good a time as any to say "Help....!".... I have pondered it for a while, since I am barely in SL these days, and only have a few cats left myself. I have been working on the charts for 1½ years now, and apart from one tip of 500L that I got one time, this is unpaid voluntary work - and it's been awesome fun, and very much worth it when every one of you, one after the other, have told me how useful you find the charts.
-But I could really use some help now - so if any of you clever people out there are willing, maybe you could start by re-viewing this crystal-mess for me? I will send my whole stacks of notecards who any who are willing, and if you can make sense of it, surely you are clever enough to lend a hand if you like :-)

I am afraid that some notecards have been lost, though - normally, I do not save notecards that seem like complete nonsense - and well, in this case obviously some of them have seemingly been just that - with a good reason. -But I do hope there is enough left to make sense anyway. But if any have bred with crystal eyes and NOT involved special offspring, send or re-send any proof you may have.

My IM's get capped - so if you are willing to help, SEND A NOTECARD - and you will get a stack back, for a start :-)

Thanks in advance,
Saga

Saga's Google Docs - Click here
 Thanks given by: dakillakm Resident
05-14-2013, 01:28 PM
It might be fun to have a night regularly where people could gather and go over NCs and work out the proofs. It reminds me of what already happens sometimes with Liriel's Kitty Kollege open Q&A. I know for me, and for a lot of you as well I would guess, working out the hidden traits and the dom/rec is the funnest part about kitties for me. I love a good CSI Pedigree session XD

[Image: 7884046580_9ba4a7cbb5_n.jpg]

Marketplace Store

United Catteries Store
05-14-2013, 04:17 PM
(05-14-2013 11:49 AM)Saga Felix Wrote:  Yes, thanks for the IM, Liriel. I haven't been in SL for a week or more, but I know from the emails I get when I get inventory offered that I have a big stack of notecards awaiting me with proof regarding the crystal eyes... Many of which are now pretty much meaningless.

As Callie pointed out, "...you may want to review your community trait ranking list as this confusion may have led to wrong assumptions with the Crystal eyes.", which means I will basically have to delete them from the charts, re-find any and all proof I got until now (luckily not so hard, thanks to my own "archive-system"), and start all over while cross-referencing with the new proof I have been sent - while I obviously disregard any that contains breeding with the special kitties...

This might be as good a time as any to say "Help....!".... I have pondered it for a while, since I am barely in SL these days, and only have a few cats left myself. I have been working on the charts for 1½ years now, and apart from one tip of 500L that I got one time, this is unpaid voluntary work - and it's been awesome fun, and very much worth it when every one of you, one after the other, have told me how useful you find the charts.
-But I could really use some help now - so if any of you clever people out there are willing, maybe you could start by re-viewing this crystal-mess for me? I will send my whole stacks of notecards who any who are willing, and if you can make sense of it, surely you are clever enough to lend a hand if you like :-)

I am afraid that some notecards have been lost, though - normally, I do not save notecards that seem like complete nonsense - and well, in this case obviously some of them have seemingly been just that - with a good reason. -But I do hope there is enough left to make sense anyway. But if any have bred with crystal eyes and NOT involved special offspring, send or re-send any proof you may have.

My IM's get capped - so if you are willing to help, SEND A NOTECARD - and you will get a stack back, for a start :-)

Thanks in advance,
Saga

Feel free to dump all the crystal eye proofs and inputs you have to me and I'll straighten out what we can rely on and what we can't in the current batch. I'm also happy to take new inputs from others and pre-filter them as we've done before.

That said, this may make an interesting topic for a couple of class sessions (as Daki mentioned) and I'd be happy to devote at least the next week or two into doing exactly that, gathering inputs and figuring out what we can of the new traits and eyes. If anyone else thinks this is a good idea, please give me a yell!

Liri

Kitty Kollege Pawfessor, Kitty Kottage
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Is.../69/224/22
05-14-2013, 05:10 PM
Not to go against the charts, at all, as they are extremely helpful, but this is proof positive that human error, or other factors can cause data on the charts to be inaccurate in some cases. I remember for the longest time ody 1 was more dominate on the chart than ody 2. No longer.

(05-14-2013 11:49 AM)Saga Felix Wrote:  This might be as good a time as any to say "Help....!".... I have pondered it for a while, since I am barely in SL these days, and only have a few cats left myself. I have been working on the charts for 1½ years now, and apart from one tip of 500L that I got one time, this is unpaid voluntary work - and it's been awesome fun, and very much worth it when every one of you, one after the other, have told me how useful you find the charts.

I'd like to suggest that we could make a wiki type thing for the charts, and other kittycats information, this way it could truly be a community project to edit and moderate. Wiki's can be locked so only select people can actually edit, but they have discussion pages available for debates and things like that. That would be perfect for people to debate and post their findings before things go live, notecards in second life seem more trouble than they are worth.

[Image: heart.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan , LadyBrighid Resident

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)