Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

A Menagerie to Visit
05-12-2013, 02:47 AM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2013 02:48 AM by Maxwell Grantly.)
Lightbulb A Menagerie to Visit
Kris, Skippy and I all love to visit the Kitty Cats sim as there is so much there to see and explore. I just wish there was one small addition: a menagerie too. We would love to have the chance to walk around a small virtual menagerie so that, whenever we send our Kitty Cats away, we can believe that they are going to a "real" destination and not just being deleted from our inventories. In my imagination, I conjure up an image of a small print that I saw on the the Internet, whenever I send my cats away to their final resting place.

[Image: 8730044259_6800f0041f_o.jpg]

Personally, I would love to walk around there too and see an assortment of random cats safely purring away - it would reinforce the image that our cats are being cared for as we click the "Menagerie" button.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Angelfa Watkins , Sara Franco , Kayleigh McMillan
05-12-2013, 10:35 AM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2013 10:35 AM by Serena Stroikavskoi.)
RE: A Menagerie to Visit
I know it may offend some, but I have a "picture" memorial on my property that has the "pedi" of the kitties I have sent away. It's just like a pedigree giver in the shape of a headstone or a photo memento. So until such time we can view via the website it's something you might consider.

I do like the option though, great idea~!

"You're just jealous because the kitties only talk to me."
 Thanks given by: Maxwell Grantly , Kayleigh McMillan
05-12-2013, 11:00 AM
(05-12-2013 10:35 AM)Serena Stroikavskoi Wrote:  I know it may offend some, but I have a "picture" memorial on my property that has the "pedi" of the kitties I have sent away. It's just like a pedigree giver in the shape of a headstone or a photo memento. So until such time we can view via the website it's something you might consider.

I do like the option though, great idea~!

That is a great idea, Serena! So far, I've been keeping all my retired cats in my inventory because I CAN'T send them to menagerie without some kind of memento... I took pictures of my firsts when they became old and added a neat background, but I can't imagine myself doing that every time... A pedigree pic would be a good alternative, thank you Smile
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Maxwell Grantly
05-12-2013, 12:43 PM
I love the idea!!

Sylvan Felines Shops:
Collectables
05-12-2013, 01:15 PM
Not to kill the idea, but if that was in world, that would take up like 3000 sims with of prims LOL

[Image: heart.gif]
05-12-2013, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2013 01:33 PM by Maxwell Grantly.)
(05-12-2013 01:15 PM)Ethereal Hurricane Wrote:  Not to kill the idea, but if that was in world, that would take up like 3000 sims with of prims LOL

Wink

It's all right. I wasn't suggesting that every Menagerie cat should be rezzed. I was just suggesting that there was a virtual recreation of the Menagerie (with a small assortment of cats rezzed out to populate it) so that, when you sent a cat to the Menagerie, you could "believe" it was going to a real place and not just being deleted from your inventory. It would be lovely to walk about a place on the Kitty Cat sim and then "believe" or role-play that your cat was safely purring away and not simply "deleted and lost."
05-12-2013, 02:00 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2013 02:13 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
I like this idea Maxwell Smile
It would make the picture of a peaceful menagerie complete again!
For obvious reasons after we made a mistake or have a change of heart and bring back our menagerie kitties they are sick after 3 days >.<
It would be lovely if this image of the menagerie would be brushed a bit indeed.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

05-12-2013, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2013 02:29 PM by Deer Thistle.)
That would be neat! Especially with all of the new people (and some vets) who proclaim in KittyCats Addicts chat that sending their kitty to the menagerie means "I killed my cat." Implementing even a small snippet of what menagerie life is like would at least debunk that and allow people to shed some of those hard feelings about the menagerie.

Can it have a golden corridor with Bastet, as shown in Disney's The Three Lives of Thomasina when she goes to "cat heaven?"
[Image: yRxSCibGqFbmlDttqpsjgVKpsPZ.jpg]

I think that's the classic cat heaven scene from films and while the menagerie isn't exactly considered a cat "heaven" I don't think (I think Callie says it's a place for kitties to disco and party it up? LOL I'm sure she can elaborate more), it'd still be awesome to have an ode to Thomasina, the kitty who showed us kitty afterlife!

[Image: ohdeersig.gif]
KittyCatS History Thread
 Thanks given by: Maxwell Grantly , Kayleigh McMillan
05-12-2013, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2013 02:29 PM by Callie Cline.)
WELL.... maybe there are some places to explore... and maybe just maybe... you have missed some little creatures on the sim.. OR maybe they appear and disappear at will when people pass by?

maybe... they watch you when you go there? maybe.. they like to play as much as we do? Tongue
 Thanks given by: Sara Franco , Maxwell Grantly , AmoreJade Cyberstar
05-12-2013, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2013 03:03 PM by Maxwell Grantly.)
Thank you to Miss Callie for showing Skippy and I around the Kitty Cat sim today. She explained to us both that the entire Kitty Cat sim ought to be thought of as the Menagerie. It's filled with cats and they are (as she told us) just too intelligent and too inquisitive to be confined to just one small building.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)