Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

The new LL TOS and the kitty market...
05-11-2013, 10:18 AM
RE: The new LL TOS and the kitty market...
LOL, I didnt know there was a way to take Lindens out, thought It was just, "More Lindens, More Kibble, More Milk, More Cats!" Who could make money when they are all so cute, and your all Lying if you say you do! Tongue

Heart Amore KittyCats Heart
Check out all 5 Locations! Lm's in my Profile!
Main Store
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Mari Halderman
05-13-2013, 10:44 AM
I use Anshe at times when I go over my purchasing limit from LL. It is also easy to raise that limit so no problem on that end. So far it has only been a few cents cheaper to use another service. I have seen no extra charges by using LL on paypal or my bank account. I also feel safer when using LL because you never know all the details on the other services or who can access your information...or for that matter what type of security they use to safeguard your information. I have also been able to buy L's from LL through my checking account without transferring money into paypal first. Its a hit or miss. I dont think it will affect anything. Its just LL way of keeping all the money to themselves! =)
Find all posts by this user
05-13-2013, 05:16 PM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2013 05:17 PM by Sara Franco.)
I'm still confused about how this 3rd party exchange works, I have heard about them before but never tried, I thought it is safer to use the LL official way so I used credit cards, I don't have experience with Paypal though.

Sylvan Felines Shops:
Main Store
@CatTales
05-14-2013, 04:41 AM
I've used paypal for years and never had a problem with it. You can set it up to take the money right out of your bank account. No fees, no charges, no monthly bills. I really wish I could use it on more online shopping places.

Third party buyers and sellers usually only offer a little savings and it can be risky. I knew a guy that bought $300 dollars worth of lindens from one place. They took his money and he never got the lindens. He was fighting with his credit card company for at least a month trying to get it off his credit card.

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
 Thanks given by: Sara Franco , Kayleigh McMillan
05-14-2013, 06:42 AM
And now you know WHY Linden Labs chose to close them down .. same as when they closed down in-world banking .. and for the exact same reason.

Y'all can buy into the FUD but, really, the move was for your protection.
05-14-2013, 03:43 PM
Can't you just go to wal-mart or even any store and purchase a ''visa'' card to use to purchase lindens ? Then you have a credit card.
05-14-2013, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2013 03:56 PM by Angelfa Watkins.)
Well I have no idea why I can't use a gift card to buy from LL, while others can, then... I even sent a ticket and they answered me that you can't buy from them with paypal if you use a giftcard as your account's credit card...

Edit: I just found this, which has been modified since I've checked, or my memory is failing me Tongue

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Engli...a-p/700037

"A common cause of payment method failure is the use of unsupported card types. At this time, the majority of prepaid cards are not compatible with our system, even if they bear the VISA/AMEX/Mastercard logo. This includes cards purchased at retail stores, rechargeable credit cards, and bank-issued check cards."
05-15-2013, 02:05 AM
I used a 'GreenDot' prepaid card to buy directly from LL, adding it as my payment method with no problem. Debit cards work equally well, as did a 'pay card' (a debit card issued by an employer where you check goes). I haven't used paypal in a long time but I seem to remember they offered a debit card as well. Of course that required you to open an online bank account through them and I haven't looked into any of that lately.

Nacht's Landing
ScratchN Shop
 Thanks given by: AmoreJade Cyberstar
05-15-2013, 04:52 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2013 04:53 PM by AmoreJade Cyberstar.)
They have cards now you can buy that are like credit cards, they are actually Visa's and Mastercards! I got one in a CVS store, it was $10 and I just gave the cashier the amount I wanted applied to it and that was it. i went home and called the 800 number and activated my card, and that evening it was being used as a credit card.....only Id call it more of a personal debit card.........But its a great way to try if you dont want to use a "real" credit card! Big Grin

This is the website for the one I used. Smile
https://www.greendot.com/greendot

Good Luck I hope this really helps, we dont wanna lose any Addicts! Heart

? Amore
LMAO as I read the post above me and see I just wrote the same as Noc! lol

Heart Amore KittyCats Heart
Check out all 5 Locations! Lm's in my Profile!
Main Store
05-15-2013, 05:27 PM
(05-14-2013 03:43 PM)Coyote Montale Wrote:  Can't you just go to wal-mart or even any store and purchase a ''visa'' card to use to purchase lindens ? Then you have a credit card.

Yes, as Amore said, but LL won't accept it and the reason is what Angelfa said. I used virwox once before I knew I could add the gift card to paypal and use it that way. I had got one for my birthday last year (May) and had trouble then so I used virwox, then I got one again for Christmas this past year and tried again through LL and no go. Plus the fee was more than I liked at the time so I added it to my paypal account and used it that way, no problem. I was then able to buy lindens with it as it didn't have me verify it and they didn't try to add the deposits they normally do because I already had a debit card (husband's work card) on my account.

My *sneaky* prepaid card is a greendot card. Works just fine if I want to buy lindens through LL but it's attached to paypal so I just use it that way instead of adding it to my account on SL.

[Image: Untitled-3_zpse0d66f02.png]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)