Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

The new LL TOS and the kitty market...
05-09-2013, 11:16 AM
RE: The new LL TOS and the kitty market...
In specific answer to the question, I'd say the change won't have any effect to the overall KittyCatS market. Most people only transfer funds INTO Second Life and will actually get a small benefit from not using third party money changers since they won't be paying an additional service fee. And I'd hazard to guess that so few people transfer KittyCatS revenue OUT of Second Life that any minor increase in service fees, is any, won't have an effect on KittyCatS markets.

That said, I'm sure the FUD caused by the changes will have some effect. But it'll probably die down when the vast majority of those succumbing to the FUD campaign which follows any change to the LL ToS realize it's really not important to them, and go back to business as usual.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Shadowfaxx Resident
05-09-2013, 11:52 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2013 11:52 AM by Shadowfaxx Resident.)
Im really not sure. Ive had some bad experiences with LL. I love SL but I dont like LL (understatement). Being forced to give LL my money is a big hurdle. I thought more people think like this about LL.

Happy to see though that most people see no problems Big Grin... makes my choice somewhat less difficult to stay breeding (and depositing)...
Find all posts by this user
05-09-2013, 03:13 PM

Since the old exchange went out of business (mid 2000's?)
and Lindenlabs took over,
Ive only used SL to purchase puppet currency.
So I have never used one of these newer linden bucks places.

I'm trying to figure out how you purchased Lindens
without a credit card or paypal from these companies.
Do you meet some guy in a train station or something and give him cash???

Guess the folks without paypal dont buy or sell on ebay either.

And why no credit card??? Even if your credit is lousy you can get
a secured version.

Its way past 1958!! Join the modern age of electronic monetary transactions!
!!

[Image: DERKITTEHMILLlogosmallest.jpg]

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nykus/54/231/24/

Soylent Green is KitteH!
 Thanks given by: Kendrah Vantelli , Mari Halderman
05-09-2013, 04:03 PM
I know there are some fees associated with them but in a pinch you could just buy one of those disposable visa credit/gift cards. You can toss it once you use up the money on it or add more. Could be one alternative. I too have only bought from LL, didn't even know there was any other way!

[Image: 7884046580_9ba4a7cbb5_n.jpg]

Marketplace Store

United Catteries Store
05-09-2013, 05:02 PM
Remember: most likely, from Linden Lab's point of view, the change was most likely simply a clarification of the prohibition against banking systems .. extending it to include any system, in-world or not, which maintains a L$ balance for users.

This won't effect KittyCatS since you can't convert K$ to L$
05-09-2013, 08:58 PM
I'm confused on this 'fee' people are talking about? I buy lindens all the time and I get a $0.30 charge for any transaction. Is that the fee? Paypal has no fee that I'm aware of? I use both my bank and my credit card/debit card to buy lindens and have never seen a fee.

Also, why would you go to a 3rd party to buy lindens, which I'm assume charge some sort of fee, instead of buying lindens from LL, the source? You can buy more lindens per day than I've seen any single cat sell for, so not really sure how that might effect things, if at all....

[Image: heart.gif]
 Thanks given by: Kendrah Vantelli
05-10-2013, 08:53 AM
Been so happy about virwox since i found out about it over a year ago.

Will miss it dearly.

I know it has helped me and others do their transactions. But we were breeding before virwox and we will breed after virwox.

I hope it comes back, nothing beats being able to withdraw lindens and 2 minutes later withdraw local currency in RL at ATM.
05-10-2013, 11:10 AM
(05-09-2013 04:03 PM)dakillakm Resident Wrote:  I know there are some fees associated with them but in a pinch you could just buy one of those disposable visa credit/gift cards. You can toss it once you use up the money on it or add more. Could be one alternative. I too have only bought from LL, didn't even know there was any other way!

You can't use giftcards to buy directly from lindex, it's either paypal(with a credit card if you want the payment to be instant, it takes a couple of days otherwise) or credit card.
05-10-2013, 12:17 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 12:18 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
I personally have no problem with using a credit card or PayPal and I never used an alternative source.
I do not get why I would want that either to be honest.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

05-10-2013, 02:44 PM
I do buy Lindens through LL but I also have a prepaid card that is linked through PayPal. Sometimes I use that to pay for Lindens. Why do I have 2 forms of payment? One (the through LL method) is my debit card that my husband's paycheck is deposited on and the other (prepay) is when I get sneaky and I can't add money to my husband's work card so I have to put it on something else when need to buy lindens. I've had no problem with the prepaid card method. You just have to make sure there is something on it when paypal does the fund check on it or it won't work AND you've activated the online purchase part, usually through the site that you go to to check funds on it.

[Image: Untitled-3_zpse0d66f02.png]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)