Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

The new LL TOS and the kitty market...
05-17-2013, 05:30 PM
RE: The new LL TOS and the kitty market...
I can see this affecting the market to some extent, however it shouldn't be a drastic effect.

If you're setting up PayPal for the first time and buy a prepaid credit card make sure that it's NOT one classified as a Gift Card. These are not backed by a bank in most cases which is why they cannot be used by PayPal. Using something like a GreenDot or even the WalMart Money Card will work, as these are backed by banks making them a secured credit card, not a Gift Card.

Fees that you might run into are reload and maintenance fees with these kinds of cards, while they're normally small it does depend on the organization backing them.

If you want to avoid these fees, you can also link a bank account to PayPal but it will take a few days to verify via micro deposits.

All of that said; I have personally used PayPal for over 10 years (basically since they started) without any trouble. I also have my debit card on file with LL and have never had issues there either. There are fees involved with receiving money via PayPal (~5% goes to them, unless there's another arrangement with the sender to bypass this fee) and for withdrawal to an external account if you don't have a PayPal debit card (this may have changed - I use my PayPal debit card and haven't withdrawn to account in MANY years).

For those of you stuck, I hope that this info helps, I know quite a few people who were using 3rd party vendors, I however, have always just used Lindex.

?? Lady Bri ??
Too Adorable Auctioneer ? KittyCatS Breeder
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-2013, 10:22 AM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2013 10:25 AM by AmoreJade Cyberstar.)
You can not use gift cards, I think thats where your going wrong, it has to be a "credit/debit" card...............the ones i mentioned from Greendot are able to be used, I know because its what I have used. If you dont want to put your real credit card in go to Greendot.com Good Luck Guys!

? Amore
http://gyazo.com/1fabbfca977095f1d007c2b98108acfb
http://gyazo.com/0a7c87d2198a68dcf83c92d21b6894ee

That Easy!

Heart Amore KittyCats Heart
Check out all 5 Locations! Lm's in my Profile!
Main Store
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: LadyBrighid Resident
05-29-2013, 04:57 PM
first things first yaaaaaaaaaaaaay i fixed my keyboard!
okies now if yall can spend hundreds on this game yall need to adopt a bigbritchz ! Tongue
secondly i have european friends who can do not link paypal with ther bank accounts. they say its a spending hazzard one and invasion of privacy for them two . (rolls eyes) so they send the money to me via paysafe to paypal and i buy lindens for them. i have always used sl only because the other places charge more for ls i only spend 30 reguardless of the amount i buy. cant beat that one ! but i would like another way for them to buy ls because we are in different timezones and nobody should have to wait 8-16 hr to get ls! (sleep and work time frame )

Tongue
Big / Sammi
05-30-2013, 03:33 PM
An Update, I just heard today:
2013-05-17: VirWoX is now Authorized Linden Dollar Reseller

Read more here for those using VirWox: https://www.virwox.com/?drgn=1

Adorable Pets a KittyCatS Breedable Market, Auctions, Bid Boards, Love Shacks

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)