Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

My 500th dumb question
03-30-2013, 08:47 AM
My 500th dumb question
I got three girl eggs five, opened one, she is now 5 days old and partnered with a non starter.
Today I had a few lindens so I bought another and got a boy.
I know on the first breed they make a special kitty.
My question is this....
If I breed the girl with the non starter then breed her with the male egg starter, will they make a special kitty?

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2013, 09:00 AM
RE: My 500th dumb question
Nope, It has to be Flower to Flower or Egg to Egg!

Heart
Amore

Heart Amore KittyCats Heart
Check out all 5 Locations! Lm's in my Profile!
Main Store
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-30-2013, 09:03 AM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2013 09:06 AM by Devilness Chant.)
I ended up opening another girl for the boy anyway. But I was wondering if it's the boys first breed would it work with the girl on her second breed?
And I know it's flower to flower egg to egg. I got the eggs because it said they can pass a crystal eye.
I'll have to get a flower or two later. They're so pretty.

03-30-2013, 09:59 AM
I hope that you can breed the collectors out a few times before putting them together for the special babies. I'm focusing on breeding them out first rather than getting a special baby so hopefully waiting isn't a problem!

[Image: 7884046580_9ba4a7cbb5_n.jpg]

Marketplace Store

United Catteries Store
 Thanks given by: Devilness Chant
03-30-2013, 11:51 AM
(03-30-2013 09:59 AM)dakillakm Resident Wrote:  I hope that you can breed the collectors out a few times before putting them together for the special babies. I'm focusing on breeding them out first rather than getting a special baby so hopefully waiting isn't a problem!

That's one of the reasons I was curious. I've always put starters together the first time for the special babies, but it would be nice to do it the other way around.

03-30-2013, 12:51 PM
Would the special baby just be another duplicate of the mom and dad? Like, another Wild Flower kitty? Or would it have some new sort of trait?

Is the only way to pass the new eyes by breeding two Wild Flower kitties with the same exact eyes? (sorry I hope this isn't straying too far from the original question, I apologize if it is)
03-30-2013, 01:05 PM
It should not matter when you pair the girl/special with the boy/special unless there is a statement such as "before such-and-such-date", when put together they should have the same chance to produce a special offspring as if they had been together from the start.

There are good and valuable arguments for doing it either way.

As to the eyes, I would suggest it would be more likely to pass the eye, presuming the starter actually carries it (which is not always guaranteed), if you crossed the starter with a know, highly-recessive eye. That will generally give you 1-in2 odds of success. On the other hand, putting two starters together, assuming BOTH carry the eye, will, at best, give you 1-in-4 odds of success.
03-30-2013, 01:13 PM
The only limitation is one special baby for each easter pair, It does not matter if you breed them together now or at some later point.
 Thanks given by: Devilness Chant , dakillakm Resident
03-30-2013, 02:41 PM
I know when breeding a pair of Mummy mia's they dropped me a Frankenpire,
which was pretty cool and looked nothing like the parents.
Didnt matter if you bred one of the parents with a Coco bland before you
united the fancy parents.
You still got the magical mystery kitty once you hooked up the fancy pair.
Do we still have to wait another week before somebody finally gets an egg/flower spawned kitten
to see what these things will look like?
Nobody has sneaked into the factory and taken any espionage pics of these offspring?
Any news leaks or cryptic clues?
Pinion wouldnt go out for drinks with me when she noticed the tape recorder under my coat :O

[Image: DERKITTEHMILLlogosmallest.jpg]

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nykus/54/231/24/

Soylent Green is KitteH!
03-30-2013, 02:45 PM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2013 02:51 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
I feel sorry for those with a limited budget they couldn't decide gender up front to be honest.
Sure they can trade and this used to be fun in the group but with this many groupmembers it can get a bit too hectic for my taste as well.
I noticed the regular birth announcement are a bit snowed under by the chat so busy with trading arrangements.
I hope you will consider for these reasons to sell via a boys and girls vendor in the future.

P.S. Maybe a special seperate official KC trade group used for these activities after a release?

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)