Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Custom Collar Class
02-22-2013, 03:46 PM
RE: Custom Collar Class
If anyone needs help I can lend a hand. However working knowledge of photoshop would be needed, otherwise it would take too long just to explain how everything works in the program. ^^
If you dont have photoshop, Adobe released a Legacy version of CS2 for free on their site. It is a legal registered version and provides a license key.

[Image: v9rl.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-23-2013, 02:39 AM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2013 02:42 AM by Sanura Snowpaw.)
(02-22-2013 03:46 PM)Khea Karas Wrote:  If anyone needs help I can lend a hand. However working knowledge of photoshop would be needed, otherwise it would take too long just to explain how everything works in the program. ^^
If you dont have photoshop, Adobe released a Legacy version of CS2 for free on their site. It is a legal registered version and provides a license key.

Sadly that release on CS2 was a screw on Adobe's part and no longer is findable. Sad

But yes you must have at least a semi basic working knowledge of either photoshop or Gimp as both have similar abilities. and I am no where near qualified to teach either of them. I am looking into a couple option which would allow real time screen sharing, because that will be needed. I know skype has it one on one but I don't think in a conference, so I am still looking around a bit. I wouldn't want to do something recorded cause I would want to be able to show the answers to questions but that's just me.
Also ya there would be no real way to do a screen share live inworld so it wouldn't be done in SL it would have to be another program with voice, chat & screen sharing abilities.

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
02-23-2013, 08:20 AM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2013 10:57 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
Yes to be able to answer questions is important indeed.
I thought about that as well.
Why instruction video's alone might not be enough unless people watched them write down their questions come together and ask them in a class.
The only problem left in that case would be different timezones.
I sometimes get in world questions about how to do stuff which clearly shows people frequently have no or not much basic workflow knowledge about Photoshop or how the software works so they might be left out from this initiative while they might need it the most.
These classes would than be for people who already can make collars and learn more on how to fine tune these skills.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Find all posts by this user
02-23-2013, 12:44 PM
(02-23-2013 02:39 AM)Sanura Snowpaw Wrote:  Sadly that release on CS2 was a screw on Adobe's part and no longer is findable. Sad

I found it on a bookmark for anyone wanting to download and play with photoshop.

PhotoShop CS2

"You're just jealous because the kitties only talk to me."
02-23-2013, 01:32 PM
(02-23-2013 08:20 AM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  I sometimes get in world questions about how to do stuff which clearly shows people frequently have no or not much basic workflow knowledge about Photoshop or how the software works so they might be left out from this initiative while they might need it the most.

LOL Kay, I would say that I fall into this catagory, my knowledge of PS/Gimp is very limited to say the least!! Perhaps it would be wise for me to brush up my skills using the software before launching into collar making world. Thank goodness for YouTube Big Grin

This is where everyone has fancy stuff that I don't know how to do.. so.. umm.. Hi??..
02-23-2013, 03:04 PM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2013 03:04 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(02-23-2013 01:32 PM)fleakats Resident Wrote:  .... Thank goodness for YouTube Big Grin

LOL yes totally Smile
I face that now I try to wrap my mind around making rigged mesh >.<
It is super there are so many resources on the internet :-)

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

02-23-2013, 03:11 PM
(02-23-2013 02:39 AM)Sanura Snowpaw Wrote:  
(02-22-2013 03:46 PM)Khea Karas Wrote:  If anyone needs help I can lend a hand. However working knowledge of photoshop would be needed, otherwise it would take too long just to explain how everything works in the program. ^^

Sadly that release on CS2 was a screw on Adobe's part and no longer is findable. Sad

Nope it was deliberate...you can find it here: http://www.techspot.com/downloads/3689-a...p-cs2.html or http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

They said it was "free" and made it available, then went back on their word and said, "well actually its only if you had the license." But technically its still free because they supply the code with the download and called it FREEWARE...lol. So yes you can download and use it legally.
They also no longer support this version either. Its still useable in the most part, you just cant get updates or fixes via the adobe website.

[Image: v9rl.png]
02-23-2013, 08:49 PM
(02-23-2013 03:11 PM)Khea Karas Wrote:  
(02-23-2013 02:39 AM)Sanura Snowpaw Wrote:  

Nope it was deliberate...you can find it here: http://www.techspot.com/downloads/3689-a...p-cs2.html or http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

They said it was "free" and made it available, then went back on their word and said, "well actually its only if you had the license." But technically its still free because they supply the code with the download and called it FREEWARE...lol. So yes you can download and use it legally.
They also no longer support this version either. Its still useable in the most part, you just cant get updates or fixes via the adobe website.
Ohh thank you for clearing that up. Things like this get so tricky.

And yes I do understand that a lot of people who might want or need the classes won't be proficient in photoshop or gimp but they do need at least a basic understanding of it. These would be classes to work with collars only not how to use the actual programs.

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
02-24-2013, 09:52 AM
Adobe has disabled the activation server for CS2 products, including Acrobat 7, because of a technical issue. These products were released more than seven years ago, do not run on many modern operating systems, and are no longer supported.

Adobe strongly advises against running unsupported and outdated software. The serial numbers below should only be used by customers who legitimately purchased CS2 or Acrobat 7 and need to maintain their current use of these products.

-- I think i'll wait until I can get the basic package, which is only 99$USD, but for those who don't know they do offer a free 30 day trial of it. Still can't believe the response to this suggestion, wow. The thing i like about the 30 day trial of PS Elements 11 is that it is pretty easy to navigate and they have tutorial videos on "Adobe TV" which covers a lot of the basic things. I personally will not use GIMP simply because of all the bugs and viruses I've heard manage to find their way in and I am a paranoid brat like that.

Big Grin Kitty Cats Are Like Potato Chips, You Can Never Have Just One Big Grin
02-24-2013, 10:49 PM
(02-23-2013 01:32 PM)fleakats Resident Wrote:  LOL Kay, I would say that I fall into this catagory, my knowledge of PS/Gimp is very limited to say the least!! Perhaps it would be wise for me to brush up my skills using the software before launching into collar making world. Thank goodness for YouTube Big Grin

For some great tutorials to get the basics right and brush up your skills (pardon the pun) Tongue this link should help
http://photoshop-tutorials.deviantart.com/

there are many category's for you too choose from via the gallery, and they are fun too follow too ^^

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)