starting to think the new sizes pass??
just a thought

?? a LiTTLe Bit of EVERYTHiNG byNecK??
Auctioneer x 5 yrs: LOVE FUN!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2013, 07:20 AM
RE: THINK NEW SIZES PASS
Pick one theory. Either you think size passes, or it's random. We've always been told it's random but IIRC, at one time, there was discussion about changing it so it passes. One thing is sure, though, it can't be both.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-15-2013, 08:04 AM
I hope it remains random to be honest.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

03-13-2013, 04:32 AM
I have no9t tried toy, but I have gotten bigger de big from a bigger de big cat .. so idk
03-13-2013, 05:19 AM
If the new sizes pass, the old ones must, also. You can't have it both ways.

The beauty of a random system like we see, here, for size, is that we humans don't like random. We want order, logic and predictability. So when we see something happen like a toy appearing from a toy parent we naturally want to see some causal relation and, even were not exists, we'll steadfastly insist upon it being there anyway.
03-13-2013, 11:56 AM
It can be in there that the randomness is greater if the lineage has the "not normal size" in it. Which several have always believed anyway.

"You're just jealous because the kitties only talk to me."
03-13-2013, 12:20 PM
Rainbow RE: THINK NEW SIZES PASS
LOL I always believe it passes, But I asked yesterday again, and was told no, the sizes are completely random, ........ So we have the answer but we also have the cats that throw us these special sizes, my teacups USUALLY give me teacups, so im always stumped on that one lol

Heart
Amore

Heart Amore KittyCats Heart
Check out all 5 Locations! Lm's in my Profile!
Main Store
03-13-2013, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2013 07:38 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
If there are possibly five odd sizes instead of two and the normal size the chances are higher to get an odd sized kitty I think.
But I'm glad that is cleared up Amore, thanks for sharing that, because I love the fact it is a random happening Smile

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

03-13-2013, 12:56 PM
I've also noticed it, my one normal size couple keep giving me toys and teacups, another couple gave mega 2 times in row and teacup. Another mega gave me only teacups and toys. I start to believe there must be something, not just random.
03-14-2013, 12:55 AM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2013 12:57 AM by Tad Carlucci.)
(03-13-2013 12:35 PM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  If there are possibly five odd sizes instead of two and the normal size the chances are higher to get and odd sized kitty I think.
But I'm glad that is cleared up Amore, thanks for sharing that, because I love the fact it is a random happening Smile

This is likely the case.

Although, the math needed to keep "Normal" at 33% (or whatever it was originally .. dunno the actual number, never measured it) of the total output is not that hard. If you did that, "Normal" odds remain unchanged, but "Toy" and "Tea-cup" odds would need to be halved to make room for two new sizes.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)