Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: Which breeder and owner indications should be VISIBLE in the pedigree?
This poll is closed.
Owner & Breeder name 73.42% 116 73.42%
Owner name 18.99% 30 18.99%
Nothing 7.59% 12 7.59%
Total 158 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 
Pedigree Anonymity (2)
02-04-2013, 11:00 PM
RE: Pedigree Anonymity (2)
CTRL + "ALT+ DEL ...LOL .....control all ALTs and Deleted Big GrinBig GrinCool
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: LadyBrighid Resident , Dimpz Morane , Mirsoul Resident
02-04-2013, 11:05 PM
(02-04-2013 10:54 PM)Mirsoul Resident Wrote:  Hmmm...I honestly have not run into any "elitist" types....there is snobbery no matter where you go. So to name or not to name will not quell that. For me I like to know where my kitties came from, and I like to see where they go. I guess my question for those who don't want their name on their work is why? Like I said privacy is moot since you obviously sell and auction...why would you NOT want your name on a line you developed and worked on?

like the reasons i posted in here and in this thread http://kittycats.biz/forum/showthread.php?tid=7381 and what sanura has posted too.. do you really want this ?
02-04-2013, 11:05 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 08:15 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
I hear the elitish argument all the time but I have personally not met a snob as of yet, just kitty lovers each in their own prefered way.
Nobody ever likes everything what someone else does and that is perfectly fine I think unless we want to become pleasers of everybody instead of doing what we really want.
I think bringing up, the so called elitish people constantly how ever we want to divine these creatures, is what really devides the community.
As for breeding with alts and the aim to keep those hidden as breeders I can understand that point of prefered privacy.
Maybe each individual account should be able to show or hide their breeders name via the account settings.
This seems to be not such big of a deal I assume.
I don't like to walk on eggshells out of fear someone might like to label me in one or the other way I mainly want to have fun with my kitties and the community and just be Kayleigh basically.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

02-04-2013, 11:13 PM
(02-04-2013 11:05 PM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  I hear the elitish argument all the time but I have personally not met a snob as of yet, just kitty lovers each in their own prefered way.
Nobody ever likes everything what someone else does and that is perfectly fine I think unless we want to become pleasers of everybody instead of doing what we really want.
I think bringing up, the so called elitish people constantly how ever we want to divine thise creatures, is what really devides the community.
As for breeding with alts and the aim to keep those hidden as breeders I can understand that point of prefered privacy.
Maybe each individual account should be able to show or hide their breeders name via the account settings.
This seems to be not such big if a deal I assume.

Yes kay with the alt side of things among other parts, give use the option.. or keep as it is just don't show the names, we really do not need them
02-04-2013, 11:25 PM
(02-04-2013 11:13 PM)penfold83 Resident Wrote:  
(02-04-2013 11:05 PM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  I hear the elitish argument all the time but I have personally not met a snob as of yet, just kitty lovers each in their own prefered way.
I think bringing up, the so called elitish people constantly how ever we want to divine thise creatures, is what really devides the community.
This seems to be not such big if a deal I assume.

Yes kay with the alt side of things among other parts, give use the option.. or keep as it is just don't show the names, we really do not need them

Agreed! I think having the owner and breeder transparent are awesome - I really enjoy seeing what everyone has been working on and the progression on their goals, but there needs to be a way to make it so every account can select if they wish for their name to show or not, this is crucial for alts and, I think, is very necessary if this feature is to be implemented fully.

Plus, both sides can win! Those who wish to have their name as the breeder can do so, while those who wish to mask it too can be anonymous and conceal any alt identities. Smile

[Image: ohdeersig.gif]
KittyCatS History Thread
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan , penfold83 Resident , Shania Singh
02-04-2013, 11:49 PM
No disrespect intended here, but it's one per avatar, which in a round about way means that it's also intended to be one per person. If you choose to circumvent that by using alts, you have to live with the consequences of that choice.

Golden Rule kind of thing here; what comes around, goes around. Try to cheat the system, the system will eventually catch up to you.

Again, no disrespect to anyone with this comment, just my personal opinion.

(02-04-2013 10:28 PM)Sanura Snowpaw Wrote:  Also there are some people who prefer to bred on alts OR in the case of the special babies that were limited to one per avatar I know I and others would give our breeding cats to alts until each got one as a small workaround to the one per avatar. I would personally NOT want people to know who those alts are as they are private and used for other business and personal things but now either I get to NEVER sell cats from those lines (which I already have done) or hey there is Sanura's alt *shrugs*

Edited to make this clearer. I have bred on an alt a few times, KittyCatS is now showing that avatars name which before now has always been kept quietly hidden behind the scenes because the cats went back to me and showed me as owner. Now it is quiet obvious that I bred the parents I own the babies so that second avatar who so called "bred" that kitten who I now own as well, is me. Honestly had I known this would have came out I would have NEVER used alts to bred as I do NOT want people to know who they are for my own personal reasons and it is no ones business.

?? Lady Bri ??
Too Adorable Auctioneer ? KittyCatS Breeder
02-05-2013, 12:02 AM
(02-04-2013 11:05 PM)penfold83 Resident Wrote:  
(02-04-2013 10:54 PM)Mirsoul Resident Wrote:  Hmmm...I honestly have not run into any "elitist" types....there is snobbery no matter where you go. So to name or not to name will not quell that. For me I like to know where my kitties came from, and I like to see where they go. I guess my question for those who don't want their name on their work is why? Like I said privacy is moot since you obviously sell and auction...why would you NOT want your name on a line you developed and worked on?

like the reasons i posted in here and in this thread http://kittycats.biz/forum/showthread.php?tid=7381 and what sanura has posted too.. do you really want this ?

Again Pen...maybe it's because I don't use alts..but I honestly don't understand. And if someone can look me up and ask me about a specific trait that I may or may not have, for a specific price...again that is up to us as contributors to the secondary market to accept or to counter offer. I like the option and think that the tranparency is a good thing.
 Thanks given by: LadyBrighid Resident , Aryala1 Resident , Bea Shamrock
02-05-2013, 12:21 AM
1) I like the transparent owner and breeder info.

2) Unless you publicly admit to "name breeder" or 'name owner' being your alts, the pedigree showing those names will not reveal anything. It will just look like yet another avi bred kitty x, or owns it now. It will not link the names any more than having my name on one of those kitties as owner. Does that suggest you and I are the same typist/player?? It will not prove anything. Be cool, be quiet, relax.

3)My understanding of the current pedigree share checkbox: If you pass on checkmarking the pedigree open box, no one will be able to see the page except other breeders or owners on THAT PAGE. Callie or someone confirm or correct this if I got it wrong.

4) I prize the work of other breeders. I don't care if any two breeders happen to have the same typist or not. I often describe my own cat, even after one or two generations, as a 'Fleacat Oci Blue' line or brag about buying a delightful box from Dellybean and just being glad I had the sense to shop with good breeders, to blend my own preferred style of boxes.

I think that's all for now, its late over here in the rainforest.

Chill, sip something. Tea, Coffee, whatever. Relax. It isn't as if it were fingerprints or dna. Too many episodes of CSI

Elly.
 Thanks given by: LadyBrighid Resident , Mirsoul Resident , Bea Shamrock , veronika Darkwatch
02-05-2013, 12:22 AM
(02-04-2013 11:49 PM)LadyBrighid Resident Wrote:  Golden Rule kind of thing here; what comes around, goes around. Try to cheat the system, the system will eventually catch up to you.

I totally agree here. This hasn't been mentioned enough. An awful lot of us is tired of foul play, and I think that's what's actually reflected in the poll results so far. And this new transparency will protect us from a lot of it in the future.
 Thanks given by: LadyBrighid Resident , Aryala1 Resident , Bea Shamrock , Mirsoul Resident , Dimpz Morane
02-05-2013, 12:49 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 12:52 AM by Callie Cline.)
One thing that can be clarified while you give us your feedback is we carefully chose to say 'one per avatar" on certain specials knowing that many people have more than one Avatar in SL for various reasons. From business to personal, and that is their business.

We knew on the specials issue that if we said "one per person" it would create a scenario for which people would wonder, "do they mean avatar OR person". so we very carefully chose "one per AVATAR". We have made sure to say that, even in chat when people have asked, "can i get the other color with an alt since it's one per avatar?" and we have said, "it says one per avatar, not one per person". Smile or "can i get one for my main AND my alt" etc. again "one per avatar" Smile

we have done this for anything which was a "one per avatar" thing, complimentary cats, gifts, hunt items, etc. and again we purposely chose AVATAR rather than person. so there is nothing to hide if various avatars owned by one person did get items.

We want to clarify this so that there is no pointing of fingers at anyone to imply any cheating in the specials which are limited to one per avatar Smile AND to bring clarity where there may be some confusion.

We appreciate you ALL, your dedication and contributions and we feel quite honored to have such an amazing group of individuals in this community.

We know we're not all perfect, and we all see things from different perspectives, and we value the diversity.

Thank you for all you contribute.
 Thanks given by: Aryala1 Resident , Sanura Snowpaw , Mirsoul Resident , LadyBrighid Resident , Nocshadue Balbozar , penfold83 Resident , Serena Stroikavskoi , Eurydice Barzane , Kayleigh McMillan , veronika Darkwatch , Bea Shamrock , Mari Halderman , AmoreJade Cyberstar
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)