Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: Which breeder and owner indications should be VISIBLE in the pedigree?
This poll is closed.
Owner & Breeder name 73.42% 116 73.42%
Owner name 18.99% 30 18.99%
Nothing 7.59% 12 7.59%
Total 158 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 
Pedigree Anonymity (2)
02-04-2013, 10:00 PM
RE: Pedigree Anonymity (2)
For all of the reasons already posted, I hope that this 48 hour temporary change really is a temporary change, and that we can go back to being able to see the owner and breeder of each cat. I love seeing it in both directions; to be able to trace the lineage of my cats and see their beginnings, as well as to see what people enjoy breeding out from the cats they get from me. It's so fascinating, in both directions!

Auctioneer: Sundae Sweet Treats (Sun 10AM) | Kiki Kat Treasures (Mon 9AM)
"Once you have been in the dark, you learn to appreciate everything that shines."
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: LadyBrighid Resident , Julia Merosi , Kayleigh McMillan , SadieRose Beaumont , Bea Shamrock
02-04-2013, 10:03 PM
I greatly enjoyed seeing the original changes that were made, and this 48 hour temp change just makes me want to rage. This is a community and a lot of folks seem to have forgotten this over time. Do you not want credit for what you breed out? I know I sure do. I don't take credit for work I haven't done, and I wouldn't want anyone else to do that either. There is no reason the breeder should be hidden from the pedigree.

There are a lot of benefits to being able to see who bred out what. Personally, I have run into a situation where I didn't know the hidden traits, and have had to check back with the previous owner.
 Thanks given by: Bea Shamrock , LadyBrighid Resident
02-04-2013, 10:10 PM
(02-04-2013 09:48 PM)Brunabug Nightfire Wrote:  
(02-04-2013 09:42 PM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  I like the change as it was before this temporarily 48 hours change.
I love to be able to see who the breeder originally was of a certain line of cats I like just so I can vist his/ her store or contact them in person.
It gives much convenience as well to be able to access the pedigree of a cat we don't own anymore but have bred.
This gives more flexibility to sell parents/ grandparents while we remain to have access to their stats.
Personaly I would love to keep the change in showing the breeders and the owners name.

I agree!

Me three. I loved the new feature, a bit non plussed over the bandaid right now. Please put it back soon. I voted!!
Elly
 Thanks given by: Katrin Bracken , Bea Shamrock
02-04-2013, 10:17 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2013 10:17 PM by Serena Stroikavskoi.)
I can see both sides of the argument and really I would like to see it remain to be able to trace the parentage and find an original breeder of a kitty I like. As to the elitist sector if that's the case give me names and I'll go through my entire cattery and hand out those kitties as freebies. I agree with Sanura oddly enough, but I think there are more good in the community that will benefit from it as well. Those that seem to think they are the elite of KittyCatS will probably soon find their circle of buyers is only those that are already stuck in the stratosphere anyway.

"You're just jealous because the kitties only talk to me."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: LadyBrighid Resident , Shania Singh
02-04-2013, 10:22 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2013 10:23 PM by penfold83 Resident.)
This is another reason not too have this.

Okes you see a cat with a new trait, in the secondary market there selling for ermm 10k, with this new thing they can go too the original breeder and say "hey there selling this trait for 10k, what can you do it for ? "

Do you lot really want this ? *shakes head*

bye bye secondary market that fuels KC........
 Thanks given by: Katrin Bracken , Shania Singh
02-04-2013, 10:28 PM
Shocked RE: Pedigree Anonymity (2)
The only thing I'm not to crazy about with the breeder owner thing is having my alts outed. This is one of them DodgyDodgy
 Thanks given by: penfold83 Resident , Sanura Snowpaw
02-04-2013, 10:28 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2013 11:04 PM by Sanura Snowpaw.)
Also there are some people who prefer to bred on alts OR in the case of the special babies that were limited to one per avatar I know I and others would give our breeding cats to alts until each got one as a small workaround to the one per avatar. I would personally NOT want people to know who those alts are as they are private and used for other business and personal things but now either I get to NEVER sell cats from those lines (which I already have done) or hey there is Sanura's alt *shrugs*

Edited to make this clearer. I have bred on an alt a few times, KittyCatS is now showing that avatars name which before now has always been kept quietly hidden behind the scenes because the cats went back to me and showed me as owner. Now it is quiet obvious that I bred the parents I own the babies so that second avatar who so called "bred" that kitten who I now own as well, is me. Honestly had I known this would have came out I would have NEVER used alts to bred as I do NOT want people to know who they are for my own personal reasons and it is no ones business.

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: penfold83 Resident
02-04-2013, 10:54 PM
Hmmm...I honestly have not run into any "elitist" types....there is snobbery no matter where you go. So to name or not to name will not quell that. For me I like to know where my kitties came from, and I like to see where they go. I guess my question for those who don't want their name on their work is why? Like I said privacy is moot since you obviously sell and auction...why would you NOT want your name on a line you developed and worked on?
 Thanks given by: Bea Shamrock
02-04-2013, 10:54 PM
Hmmm...I honestly have not run into any "elitist" types....there is snobbery no matter where you go. So to name or not to name will not quell that. For me I like to know where my kitties came from, and I like to see where they go. I guess my question for those who don't want their name on their work is why? Like I said privacy is moot since you obviously sell and auction...why would you NOT want your name on a line you developed and worked on?
 Thanks given by: LadyBrighid Resident , Kikii Littlepaws , Kayleigh McMillan , Bea Shamrock
02-04-2013, 10:57 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2013 11:00 PM by Bea Shamrock.)
(02-04-2013 10:54 PM)Mirsoul Resident Wrote:  Hmmm...I honestly have not run into any "elitist" types....there is snobbery no matter where you go. So to name or not to name will not quell that. For me I like to know where my kitties came from, and I like to see where they go. I guess my question for those who don't want their name on their work is why? Like I said privacy is moot since you obviously sell and auction...why would you NOT want your name on a line you developed and worked on?

Thanks Mirsoul for putting into words what I can't right now.

And sadly I feel my kitty days are coming to an end.

Bea Shamrock, Kitty carer and breeder

"There are no
ordinary cats"
(Colette)
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)