Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: Which breeder and owner indications should be VISIBLE in the pedigree?
This poll is closed.
Owner & Breeder name 73.42% 116 73.42%
Owner name 18.99% 30 18.99%
Nothing 7.59% 12 7.59%
Total 158 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 
Pedigree Anonymity (2)
02-09-2013, 02:08 AM
RE: Pedigree Anonymity (2)
I really wasn't going to bother with my 2 cents on this one. I've only really skimmed over the 11 pages but i get the general gist i think (= much much ado about very little IMO )
Many have been asking for an improvement in the pedigree system so now the team are trying to do something about it, and in democratic style we're being asked to vote on this one.

Now i don't hold with a few of the team's decisions but on the other hand, all things taken into consideration i doubt very much that there is or has been another breedable thats takes into consideration their customers' desires and wishes as much as this team does, or takes so much pride in their product. Just take a look at most others, it's moneymoneymoney and as fast as poss and who cares about the long term, or their clients as most breedables only have about one year's life span anyhow.

I do understand about the alt situation here and the need for a few to remain anonymous, although i've used alts a few times and couldn't care less if they're known by this means.

As for the elite biz i really can't compute all this BS ; who is calling who what and for which reasons. I don't have any friends at all who think this way and doubt very much that any long time breeder considers themselves as belonging to an "elite", but if there are a few i advise them seriously to think about consulting, or try get hold of a second neuron. If you need Second Life to become a somebody then you'll never be anybody.

Stick to your personal breeding and marketing ethics and everything else for that matter, and you'll soon find friends with the same bases as you. Trying to get along with everyone is a waste of time, and those who do try don't get along with anyone.
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Elif Kling , Kayleigh McMillan , Serena Stroikavskoi , Angelfa Watkins
02-09-2013, 08:29 AM
(02-09-2013 02:08 AM)anna acanthus Wrote:  ...

Many have been asking for an improvement in the pedigree system so now the team are trying to do something about it, and in democratic style we're being asked to vote on this one.

Now i don't hold with a few of the team's decisions but on the other hand, all things taken into consideration i doubt very much that there is or has been another breedable thats takes into consideration their customers' desires and wishes as much as this team does, or takes so much pride in their product. Just take a look at most others, it's moneymoneymoney and as fast as poss and who cares about the long term, or their clients as most breedables only have about one year's life span anyhow

This is exactly what bugs me as well they do so much for their community and listen so well to our concerns and wishes I feel a little more respect for the team doesn't hurt.

And Anna you have an Elitish Snob as friend,... moi Smile
I never thought I would get this glorious title but yeah you know how life can go.
I even considered to changed my forum title in Snobish Cat.
If we get a lable we better wear it with pride right?

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Thanks given by: anna Acanthus
02-09-2013, 09:12 AM
Ha Ha Kay, well ok lets make a club and have badges and grow long noses so we can look down them on everyone. Big Grin
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan
02-09-2013, 09:13 AM
(02-09-2013 09:12 AM)anna acanthus Wrote:  Ha Ha Kay, well ok lets make a club and have badges and grow long noses so we can look down them on everyone. Big Grin

Yay a KittyCatS! Country Club Big Grin

Retro Kitties Showroom »

02-09-2013, 09:37 AM
Honestly, I do not see how any of these changes would "out and alt"? I have been with KC for a little over a year and I think having names to put with the kitties would be a good idea because maybe you want to stay in touch with each other, or see what creations you cats have made after they have left you, or maybe you see a cat with some awesome stats and want to contact the breeder to see if they have any more from that line or advice at least. I too just skimmed the past 11 pages but it seemed to be a freak out over very little imo. Yes privacy is important and many of us have alts we don't want "found out" but again I do not see how this feature would out them unless you confirmed that "Alt XYZ" is actually "insert name". So lets all relax and be grateful we have such a wonderful and responsive team that listens to us and not make this more complex then it has to be okay?

Big Grin Kitty Cats Are Like Potato Chips, You Can Never Have Just One Big Grin
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan
02-09-2013, 09:57 AM
I agree Tatiana there has been requested for a market system like other breedables have.
Just browse a website and see all the breedables for sale listed with a TP to go there grab it and go home.
Obviously this would take away from the social aspects of our community and the market dynamics such as meet some friends and have a chat while wandering the markets.
I would regret if our market becomes a sort of catalogue shopping.
This pedigree system and the transparancy which comes with that might avoid just that while still being able to know more than nothing about a kitties history.

Retro Kitties Showroom »

02-09-2013, 10:11 AM
How long is this poll going to last for?
02-09-2013, 11:21 AM
Hi All Smile

We left the topic open a bit longer then intended with all the birthday stuff going on, and at this point we have collected enough information to make some adjustments.

Based on the feedback and our own thoughts, an optional system will be part of the adjustments.
We will update you later on this when we have worked out and reviewed all details.

I will close this topic now and want to thank you all for your input!

Now let's have fun and party!! Wink
 Thanks given by: Kayleigh McMillan , GhostCollective Resident , Elif Kling , dakillakm Resident , anna Acanthus , Giuliana Verrazzano , Sanura Snowpaw , Serena Stroikavskoi , Tabbella Resident , Julia Merosi
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)