Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Help Please - Can I use this site to get my cats to cattery?
02-05-2013, 11:47 PM
RE: Help Please - Can I use this site to get my cats to cattery?
OMG sweetie I am so sorry you are having to go through all of this. I so wish there was something I could to help make it better for you. If you would like I can log you in and at least get you any free kittehs or gifts there might be from the birthday. I do agree that you should NOT have to buy another computer and sadly knowing Dell they very well might use this as an excuse. Sad

As to change your ID thingy at the top of the forum there is USER CP than the side bar edit profile and it is in there. Smile

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Eurydice Barzane
02-06-2013, 01:17 AM
What a nightmare, Eury!

I am wondering if FedEx was aware of the fact that the warranty was about to expire and they delayed this more than they usually do? I know the US customs can be harsh regarding food items entering the country, but seems like that was the least of your issues to get the chocolates entrance clearance! I'm so sorry to hear you;re having health issues, I really hope the medicines begin working and help you feel better.

As Sanura said, if you need any help at all, do let us know. About the birthday celebrations, well, we will surely find other reasons to celebrate in the future, do not worry! There will be random special babies born from the 12th until the 14th. If you still have your kitties in the cattery they can be kept unpartnered so they won't breed until those dates, that way you increase your chances to have one of the special babies that will only born during those dates. We also have the release of the Valentine kitties coming ahead (speculations due to a group notice sent out with a mathematical formula led us to think they will be released on the 7th) but as with previous Limited Edition released in the past, I suppose they will be available for purchase for a while. Here's an improvised schedule of activities so maybe you can get your avi logged to get you anything that might not be around anymore when you are fully back:

*Thursday 7th February --- Possible release date of the Valentine Collection
*Friday 8th February ------ Birthday Fishing Contest @ 1 pm SLT
*Saturday 9th February -- MegaPuss race @ Birthday sim 1 pm SLT
*Sunday 10th February --- Birthday Party @ Birthday sim from 12 - 3pm Wild West themed party.
*Tuesday 11th until the 14th -- Special random born kitties (no further info has been given at this point)

Please, do not give up!! I imagine is hard to fight them over considering it all has to be done through the phone and with a considerate time difference but they are probably using these things in their favor to delay the service they are supposed to provide and you're entitled to receive. Do not let them get away with it!

Once again... if you need anything just ask! =)

Giulia Heart
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Jelly Supply , Eurydice Barzane
02-07-2013, 03:20 AM
Just been reading through.... Soooo glad you have figured it all out! I'm away for two weeks, but luckily was able to put my cats in the cattery before I left. I'd be in a panic too if mine were in world & I couldn't get to them. Once again I am amazed at what wonderful people are in the KittyCat community!!

So glad you had so much support & all your kitties are safe and have there tummies fullHeart
02-09-2013, 11:43 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2013 11:04 AM by Eurydice Barzane.)
Thank you Sanu, Giulia and Jelly! Heart

My comp *finally* arrived at my son's house on Thursday. He took it straight to UPS where Dell told him to ship it from... but it's actually being sent by FedEx and won't get to Texas until at least the 12th. Dodgy
Incidentally, FedEx did *nothing* at all to have the parcel released and gave neither of us advice on what to do. Without the my son requesting the FDA send the relevant import forms my comp would still be sitting in a warehouse in Memphis.
In any case it got to my son's house without being damaged.. or even opened which was remarkable since the wanted every detail of every item in the pacel.

I should have my comp back again by the end of the month. I've been browsing the best laptop deals and I did see an Asus lappy with a 2G Nvidia graphics card for under $800 that should run SL, but I haven't ordered it because it only comes with 4G of ram and is preloaded with Windows 8... and everyone I know with Windows 8 has paid to roll back to Windows 7. That's my quota of computer whining done. Blush

Anyway, thank you so much Sanura for your offers to help with getting me Birthday or LE kitties, thank you Jelly for your kind words and I'm glad your kitties are safe and sound in cattery while you're away, and thank you Giulia for your generous offers to help, as well as the timetable of all of the birthday events! I'm keeping all of my cats unpartnered until the 12th and then pairing them up in cattery where they'll hopefully make me a special kitty Smile

I am so grateful to *everyone* who has replied here or IM'd me with suggestions on how to deal with FedEx or offers to help with my cats. None of my 'KittyCatless' friends understood how important it was that I get the cats to cattery, or how sad I was to be missing the KittyCats 2nd Birthday Party/Valentines/Mardi Gras shenanigans. This is an fantastic commumity.

My wonderful friend Balalika has kept in contact through IM and has been incredibly supportive and generous ~ even grabbing a Love Bug for me so I wouldn't miss out. Thank you so much, Bala! Heart

And my amazing friend Misa... I don't know where to begin listing the things she's done to help. She's been my 'Pretend Eury'(or EurrrrrrrydiMisa) logging into my account to buy lindens/transfer money to cattery for me, she's sent my last two inworld cats to cattery for me, unpacked their baby and sent it in too, she babysat one of my older cats because she wasn't sure if I planned to send her to menagerie, she went to the Birthday sim and got me a purkle birthday kitty! She bought me some bugs and bees and I've just noticed that she sent a gorgeous partner for one of my most beautiful 9 traited cats to cattery, because I can't unpack any boxes atm. And this is the SHORT list of what she's done for me.

Misa is my angel kitty ~ I'm buying her a halo/tiara when I get back! Angel Heart

Bala has been a wonderful friend since the day I met her at one of Sanu's auctions. Heart

And *everyone* who replied or IM'd with suggestions and offers of help... you are all incredible people and the kindest, truest friends I could wish for. Heart Thank you all.

This community is filled with generous, good-hearted people ~ I'm fortunate to count so many of you as my friends. xo
 Thanks given by: Misa Delight , Giuliana Verrazzano
02-10-2013, 02:11 PM
<3 Eury! Heart
*blushes* Thanks for such nice comments but I wish I could do more to help! Blush

If you haven't met her yet, Eury is amazing person with a generous heart and beautiful soul. Everyone who knows her that I talk to misses her and is really sad she's offline for so long. I think we need to have a big party when she finally gets back with a welcome home parade!

I'm glad there is the online cattery now so she can at least see her kitties (oh my gosh - she has *amazing* cats!), but I wish she could do more like unpack new kitties - I hope there are plans to add more functionality to the online cattery!
02-10-2013, 04:56 PM
I hope they hurry things up for you so you can have your comp back soon! And I'm glad you have friends here to help. There are some wonderful ppl in kc.

Misa is a FAB. She is my hero! Big Grin

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
 Thanks given by: Misa Delight , Eurydice Barzane
02-11-2013, 01:43 AM
I second what Misa said! as well as note that applies to Misa as well.

I hope Dell honors the warranty and you get your computer pack. After having set up a new laptop for my in-laws I can concur do NOT go to windows 8 it is simply a nightmare. I would guess if you have to go for a new computer you should be able to find a few around with Window 7 installed somewhere.

I miss you loads and can't wait to see you upon your return!

02-16-2013, 09:45 PM
Any word yet if Dell is gonna still cover you?

02-26-2013, 07:42 PM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2013 08:02 PM by Eurydice Barzane.)
Hi Everyone!
I finally got my comp back late Monday Sydney time ~ ran to the kittycats store and then Sanu's auction the next morning. Kitty Withdrawal!

I want to thank all of my friends who posted here or sent me a pm or email for their kind words and support, the many offers of help, the incredible kindness and generosity of my friends here and in the wider kitty community, the welcome back gifts (thank you for the gorgeous kitties Bala and Susannah!) and to everyone who welcomed me back when they saw me online.
I missed all of you muchly.

And I owe huge thanks to my amazing friend Misa for logging in to SL as 'EurydiMisa' to send my cats safely to cattery, opening some boxes for me, sending my $L's to cattery, sending my $L's to my landlord, Kitten Sitting, doing the birthday hunt so I'd have both birthday kitties (and sending me the funniest, cutest email with captioned pics showing us both logged in doing the kittycats birthday hunt) Smile loaning me a beautiful oci ebony to partner with one of my most precious kitties, buying me a pair of bugs and a pair of bees and putting them in my inventory(!!!!), plus keeping in touch with me to see if I needed anything else. And I'm sure I left some of the things she did out! Misa, you have a hugest heart of anyone I know ~ you're an angel kitty Angel Heart

I've been in SL for almost 6 years, I've been involved in a few communities (mainly sl art) but I've never encountered an SL community like KittyCats. Everyone is helpful, generous and supportive. I haven't encountered any of the *ahem* 'cattiness' I've seen in other groups. KittyCats people cheer other breeders on when they breed out a new fur, eye, whisker... there's genuine excitement rather than jealousy. That quality is rare and wonderful and in my experience unique to KittyCats.

I'm so happy and proud to be a part of this community ~ thank you all (again) for your support, generosity and kindness while my laptop was on its 2013 USA Repair Tour.
02-26-2013, 07:53 PM
I am soo glad to hear that things worked out for you and Welcome Back! I too have found this to be a supportive community and am glad that you have found it to be positive as well.

Big Grin Kitty Cats Are Like Potato Chips, You Can Never Have Just One Big Grin

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)