Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Help Please - Can I use this site to get my cats to cattery?
01-30-2013, 10:43 AM
RE: Help Please - Can I use this site to get my cats to cattery?
Awww, this post is so awesome and really demonstrates just how wonderful our community is. Heart And yay for Misa! I hope you can return soon in-world, Eurydice! The forum combined with the online cattery is actually a decent substitute for in-world minus the lack of auctions, group chat (The forum can be pretty chatty though!), and events so I hope you'll stick around on the forum in the meantime! Smile

[Image: ohdeersig.gif]
KittyCatS History Thread
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Eurydice Barzane
01-30-2013, 11:19 AM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2013 10:56 PM by Eurydice Barzane.)
Thanks so much deerylou - ever since I won my first kitty and joined the inworld group I've been amazed by what a friendly and supportive community KittyCats is. Heart

I've been reading the forum posts and I've just started pairing up some of my kitties in cattery and it's keeping my mind off missing my friends in SL, although quite a lot of my new friends are here on the forums Smile

BTW, Misa had paired up a lot of cats for me before sending them to cattery, which was a huge help. I didn't look at the size of any of the cats until a moment ago, but I just noticed that the two Snowshoe Bluepoints she paired up for gave me a... MEGAPUSS! Smile
So Misa can ride around triumphantly on Snowshoe MegaPuss whenever she feels the need. One of the parents is a Misa kitty I bought at auction, so I think it's only fair that we share custody of Megapuss.

Thanks again deerylou, and thanks to everyone who replied or sent a pm ( I just noticed I had a bunch of them). This really is a wonderful community Heart

(01-30-2013 10:43 AM)deerylou Resident Wrote:  Awww, this post is so awesome and really demonstrates just how wonderful our community is. Heart And yay for Misa! I hope you can return soon in-world, Eurydice! The forum combined with the online cattery is actually a decent substitute for in-world minus the lack of auctions, group chat (The forum can be pretty chatty though!), and events so I hope you'll stick around on the forum in the meantime! Smile
 Thanks given by: Misa Delight
01-30-2013, 11:45 AM
Yay! for the megapuss congrats!
I can't wait for that party \o/

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

01-30-2013, 01:05 PM
Yay for the Megapuss! I am forever so touched by how amazing this community is. I am so glad Misa was able to help you out and if you need anymore help please feel free to let us know.

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-31-2013, 03:01 AM
(01-30-2013 01:05 PM)Sanura Snowpaw Wrote:  Yay for the Megapuss! I am forever so touched by how amazing this community is. I am so glad Misa was able to help you out and if you need anymore help please feel free to let us know.

Thank you Sanu ~ I'm so grateful for the offers of help and support. Heart
And yay for Megapusses! I just had another one. I guess it pays to have a huge number of cats breeding at once. The new one is a Russian Blue with small, mysterious forest eyes, porcelain shade, plush tail and soft fold ears ~ I can't wait to get in world and hatch these amazing new kitties! Smile
01-31-2013, 03:20 AM
Tongue RE: Help Please - Can I use this site to get my cats to cattery?
(01-31-2013 03:01 AM)Eurydice Barzane Wrote:  [...]The new one is a Russian Blue with small, mysterious forest eyes, porcelain shade, plush tail and soft fold ears[...]

OMG! That must be GORGEOUS! I loooove Forest eyes! I can't wait to see it! I'm so happy you are able to see your kitties being born now in the cattery! Congrats on the MegaPuss! It's your kitties way to tell you to hang in there, that they are waiting for you to return with wonderful and BIG feline surprises! Big Grin

I'll wait for my invite to the MegaPuss Rocking Party at your return!

GiuliaHeart
02-03-2013, 10:54 PM
Happy to hear that all is well and Huzzah for the Misa kitteh who totally rocks =o) Hurry Hurry puter people cuz we misses you =o)

Nacht's Landing
ScratchN Shop
 Thanks given by: Eurydice Barzane , Misa Delight
02-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Misa does rock, and thank you so much Noc. Heart
My computer which was sent by FedEx 'Express' (apparently it was supposed to be an express version of express service?) has been held up in Memphis since last Thursday by customs. I keep calling FedEx 'Sydney' (an off-shore call centre) my son has been calling Fed Ex US. They have told us they have everything they need - after asking how everything in the parcel was wrapped at least 8 times, giving them serial numbers over and over again, submitting forms with the name and manufacturing address of Cadbury freaking Chocolate which was included in the parcel as a gift and has never caused a single delay by regular post or when we've travelled to the US.
But we still can't get the parcel released. The computer is out of warranty now... It's 4am Tuesday morning in Australia. I'm trying to speak to someone in the states with no success. I haven't slept for 4 nights/days.
I'm beginning to think the computer has been either lost or stolen Sad

I miss you and all of my KittyCats friends ~ Hopefully I'll get to an auction again sometime this year.
Heart Eurydice.
 Thanks given by: Misa Delight
02-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Oh no sweetie who is the manufacture? They might be able to help you out. I hope you are able to get it resolved quickly and painlessly. Is there anyway you could order a new computer?

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-05-2013, 11:15 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 11:22 PM by Eurydice Barzane.)
Hey Sanu Heart
The manufacturer is Dell, but since it was purchased by my son and was being used by me in Australia they might use that as an excuse to void the warranty.

The parcel is STILL held up by FedEx- three days ago they wanted me to tell them the value of the power cable. I explained it was all part of the computer and was removed and wrapped separately - just like the battery - for safety, but they insisted they needed a *value*.
Before and since came endless questions about a few candy bars sent with the parcel - my son and i both gave the the name/address/contact number of the manufacturer, how they were packaged commercially and how I had wrapped the whole lot in bubble wrap. Then the case manager in Memphis suggested to my son that he fill out a form to have the candy destroyed if we wanted to get the parcel moving.

My son was a moment away from submitting the form but decided to call FedEx and ask to speak to one of the case manager's superiors who said "... did she tell you that if they open the parcel to remove the candy it will delay the parcel by at LEAST six more weeks". My son nearly had an aneurysm - I went ballistic. I believe the case manager - who has a LOAD of bad reports we found through google - got her arse kicked for that particular act of lazy negligence, because she started answering emails and actually phoning my son.

24 hours ago my son called the FDA himself, submitted a commercial importation form regarding the 14 freakin candy bars. That was approved by the FDA in less than four hours and sent to FedEX with the parcel number. I called Memphis from Sydney at 3am my time (again) to see what was going on. I was assured everything is fine, they have everything they need now.... but it can take 72 hours for someone at FedEx Customs to read the form and get the parcel moving. I'm trying from Sydney to get someone to expedite it but... I'm almost ready to give up. I've been sick all week - My doctor came by to give me a sedative to try to get me to sleep last night but it didn't work.

I *would* just order a new computer, but we don't get paid for a week... and I just shouldn't have to. If it had been delivered on time it would more than likely have been back to me in Sydney early next week. And a comparable laptop in Australia will cost almost twice what it costs in the US.

If any of you have to send something by courier, please don't use FEDEX. Sad

And I can't believe I'll miss all the 2nd KittyCats birthday fun stuff...
Oh, if anyone knows how to change my display name from 'playful cat' to something more suitable like 'sad cat' 'stressed cat' 'exhausted cat' or 'I miss playing with my cats, cat', please let me know Heart

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)