Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Pricing
04-27-2011, 01:40 PM
Photo Pricing
Does anyone have any guidance on pricing for cats? I have tried to keep my prices at a "not too low price/not too high price" but everywhere I look prices are everywhere! I know someone has to have some idea about where a good balance price scale is. Huh
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2011, 02:09 PM
RE: Pricing
Yes please great post, some guidance on pricing boxes and live kitties would be very helpful. I have visited other places to check out the prices in hopes it would give me an guide/scale to price my own but the prices are very drastic in price ranges making very difficult to figure out a fare price. For example I have seen kitties with the same stats selling for as low as 100L to as high as 1000L.

Jacey Faith
04-27-2011, 06:29 PM
I am actually formulating a cat pricing system and evaluation for whether a cat should be menageried. I should have it perfected within a week or so.
04-27-2011, 10:22 PM
Yes, we definitely need some sort of structure guide. It would benefit all of us, as well as our customers, if we had more balance in the pricing area. If we price too high, we lose sales, but if we price too low, we shoot ourselves in the foot. Neither of which is good. Maybe if we all posted a brief summary of how we arrive at prices, it could give us all some insight? And a feature list wouldn't hurt either. Like a smokey being worth more than a domino, but a domino with special eyes/tail/whatever being worth more than a basic smokey, etc.

This is sort of my methods at the moment:

Genesis Fur - no special (Menagerie)
Genesis Fur - One special Feature 350
Genesis Fur - Two special Features 400
Genesis Fur - Three special Features 450
Genesis Fur - Four special Features 500

Non-Genesis Fur - no special 500-2000 (Depending on breed)
Non-Genesis Fur - One special Feature 600-3000 (Depending on breed)
Non-Genesis Fur - Two special Features 700-4000 (Depending on breed)
Non-Genesis Fur - Three special Features 800-5000 (Depending on breed)

Of course none of that is taking into consideration really rare features and popularity of breed. Anyways, thats just a basic idea of my pricing - I could be way off which is why I am coming to the group for input.

Thanks for any advice
 Thanks given by: Raith Dagger
04-28-2011, 02:20 AM
@stein OOOHH!!! ::gets excited:: thanks stein please let us know when its finished. Smile

@ Henesy Dryke oops after reading your price list
::shoots self in foot:: I just sold a Burmese - Sable with Mocka Mysterious shape eyes for 350L and sent about 6 - 8 kitties with starter furs and 1 trait mostly curious ears.

Is it ok going to copy your price list to use for now. Thanks Smile

Jacey Faith
04-28-2011, 08:55 AM
I don’t mind sharing my pricing - I have been soooo confused about what to price cats - it’s like some days I think "Oh that cats worth 5k" but then I see that same cat on sale for 500 and then I don’t know if maybe I am wrong to charge so much. I believe we'd all be doing each other a favor if we had at least a basic pricing system. I mean yes there’s always a need for supply and demand and competition, and I wouldn’t want that to completely go out the door, but then there just comes a time we out price ourselves out of even being able to feed the cats, yano. Anyways just preaching to the Choir I suppose.
04-28-2011, 11:37 AM
I agree with you I to have been very confused about pricing my kitties. Henesy I bought 2 of your kitties last night. Smile

Jacey Faith
04-28-2011, 01:05 PM
(04-27-2011 10:22 PM)Henesy Dryke Wrote:  This is sort of my methods at the moment:

Nice Henesy, I've been pretty confused myself about pricing. That looks like a good place to start
04-28-2011, 01:50 PM
The best way I have found to price my kitties is a combination of keeping up daily with market prices and also just personal taste. I think that a lot of people tend to price kitties according to how they personally feel about them and I think that's great because chances are other people have the same favorites. I have found that it would be very difficult to come up with a general pricing guide because there are just so many factors, and trends change literally in days.

For instance, yes a non-gen trait could sell for more but even among non-gen traits (specifically eyes) there is a huge difference in pricing because it depends on the rarity. More rare=charging more, typically. And what is rare changes very fast. Also, a cat that would be seen as a "cheap cat" to some could be quite valuable to others. Breeders are collectors, too, and a certain combination of traits on a cat can make a big difference in pricing, even if the individual traits alone wouldn't fetch a lot - if that makes sense.

I know it's more leg work to do it the way I have, but I've found it very rewarding.

Jacey, next time you get yourself a Sable with Mocha Mysterious eyes, you put me on speed dial, m'kay? Smile
04-28-2011, 04:16 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2011 04:17 PM by MARIAH TIRATZO.)
(04-27-2011 10:22 PM)Henesy Dryke Wrote:  Yes, we definitely need some sort of structure guide. It would benefit all of us, as well as our customers, if we had more balance in the pricing area. If we price too high, we lose sales, but if we price too low, we shoot ourselves in the foot. Neither of which is good. Maybe if we all posted a brief summary of how we arrive at prices, it could give us all some insight? And a feature list wouldn't hurt either. Like a smokey being worth more than a domino, but a domino with special eyes/tail/whatever being worth more than a basic smokey, etc.

This is sort of my methods at the moment:

Of course none of that is taking into consideration really rare features and popularity of breed. Anyways, thats just a basic idea of my pricing - I could be way off which is why I am coming to the group for input.

Thanks for any advice

I have been breeding Cats Since day 1 that they came out and I understand pricing guide is helpful but i also think this one is way way off..non genesis should NOT be classified by 1 trait etc pricing it definitely goes by the rareness of that actual fur along with lines and parent info and so forth..I think by using this guide you are shorting yourself out of Linden since some could be worth upwards to 20-30k and be non genesis with 1 trait or none as well..further more a genesis fur with 4-5 traits is worth way more then listed depending on the traits and parents traits so forth i sold one for 25k last week!

Mariah Tiratzo

Owner of Bellissima Ranch Breedable Pets
Owner of Bellissima KittyCatS

Bellissima Ranch Breedable Pets KittyCatS

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)