Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Can't set the Enable in World Pedigree Link
01-27-2013, 01:52 AM
RE: Can't set the Enable in World Pedigree Link
I'd love an option to just turn the option to turn on or off all my cats. Otherwise I am going to have to go through and not only do every cat I sell but also go through their pedigrees and show it for each of the cats in the background as well. Which will take a LOT of time.

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Khea Karas , Sara Franco
01-27-2013, 03:22 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love the feature. But ..

I don't get the reason for using the disable attribute, especially when the visual difference is so slight for a checkbox (on Windows machines, at least). If the function isn't enabled for the cat, it should be hidden, instead. As it is, the best way to tell it's disabled is to try to click on it, decide you must have missed the box .. try again being VERY careful to be sure the cursor is in the box and, when *that* doesn't work, flip a coin to decide whether you think it's disabled or simply broken because there's no feedback either way.

I don't get why cautionary messages like the information you might have to wait a long time for the changes to take effect are secreted away in title attributes. If you're like me at like to use the Tab key for input control navigation, you'll never see the title. But then, I guess it's actually a good idea .. for visually impaired users .. sure, they can't use Second Life, but their screen readers will always inform them of the title attribute.

I don't get the reason for the 30-minute time limit. Is it really just to annoy users?

I don't get why there is no global option to enable it for every cat one owns.
 Thanks given by: Khea Karas
01-27-2013, 04:49 AM
When I had the issue on the first place I looked into my account hoping find an option like the "Show gender on boxes" that enables the setting to all the boxes you know at once and shows the gender on your car's pedigree, but it's not an option for this at the moment. I refuse the idea to think a new feature is enabled with the intention to annoy anyone :-) that's why I always come to the forum to give my experience as an user of the new services provided. In the past we have had updates where after the initial "launch" we have got another one within a few days and I trust these tweeks will be taken care of sooner than later.
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Khea Karas
01-27-2013, 05:53 AM
(01-26-2013 06:33 PM)devilness chant Wrote:  Someone said they think it's the browser that it works in IE? I use Firefox. I know it's all new atm, will it be fixed soon? Does anyone else have this problem?

I have this problem, with Firefox, although once yesterday I did manage to check the box, but for some obscure reason I unchecked it, and it would not work again. Today I am not seeing the new pedi page either, which shows the dad of each kitten. It's no biggie tho, I'm sure kc will get it worked out soon lol. Glad its not just me being a doofus LOL.

This is where everyone has fancy stuff that I don't know how to do.. so.. umm.. Hi??..
01-27-2013, 06:50 AM
The issue should be fixed now.

Depending the width of your screen (or browser window) it could occure that part of the pedigree covered the checkmark.

Sorry for the mess up!

Regards
KittyCatS
 Thanks given by: Giuliana Verrazzano , fleakats Resident , Bea Shamrock , Sara Franco
01-27-2013, 07:00 AM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2013 07:05 AM by Devilness Chant.)
(01-27-2013 01:52 AM)Sanura Snowpaw Wrote:  I'd love an option to just turn the option to turn on or off all my cats. Otherwise I am going to have to go through and not only do every cat I sell but also go through their pedigrees and show it for each of the cats in the background as well. Which will take a LOT of time.

I agree. And I didn't realize this only last 30mins. I would like to just turn them all on and leave it there for good.

(01-27-2013 06:50 AM)KittyCats Resident Wrote:  The issue should be fixed now.

Depending the width of your screen (or browser window) it could occure that part of the pedigree covered the checkmark.

Sorry for the mess up!

Regards
KittyCatS

Thank you. Smile Mine are working now, but could there be a way to just tick one box and keep them on all the time?

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
01-27-2013, 07:38 AM
(01-27-2013 06:50 AM)KittyCats Resident Wrote:  The issue should be fixed now.

Sorry for the mess up!

Regards
KittyCatS

Yay, mine works too now. Thank you! Big Grin

This is where everyone has fancy stuff that I don't know how to do.. so.. umm.. Hi??..
01-28-2013, 08:03 PM
(01-27-2013 01:52 AM)Sanura Snowpaw Wrote:  I'd love an option to just turn the option to turn on or off all my cats. Otherwise I am going to have to go through and not only do every cat I sell but also go through their pedigrees and show it for each of the cats in the background as well. Which will take a LOT of time.

VERY much agreed, Sanura!

I wish I could just tick some box somewhere and ALWAYS have this enabled on all my cats, current and future ones. No way I will ever remember to go through each and every kitten I get to do this... Ugh.

-And like Tad, I really wish there was no time-limit. Actually, I wish the pedigree was just public - and then remove owner-names to make sure there'll never be privacy-issues.

Saga's Google Docs - Click here
 Thanks given by: Sanura Snowpaw
01-29-2013, 01:07 AM
(01-28-2013 08:03 PM)Saga Felix Wrote:  

VERY much agreed, Sanura!

I wish I could just tick some box somewhere and ALWAYS have this enabled on all my cats, current and future ones. No way I will ever remember to go through each and every kitten I get to do this... Ugh.

-And like Tad, I really wish there was no time-limit. Actually, I wish the pedigree was just public - and then remove owner-names to make sure there'll never be privacy-issues.

I would be all for that!!

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)