Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

How did I get this KittyCat???
01-09-2013, 06:47 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2013 06:53 PM by Luna1987 Resident.)
RE: How did I get this KittyCat???
Because i want to knwo how all thsi works, here is all the info i have access to

Mom's Mom

Fur: Snowshoe - Bluepoint
Eyes: Odyssey Dream (Mysterious|Small)
Shade: Flair
Tail: Plush
Ears: Soft Fold
Whiskers: White (Mysterious)
Size: Normal

Mom's Mom's Mom
Fur: Burmese - Sable
Eyes: Odyssey Dream (Curious|Small)
Shade: Glitter
Tail: Mysterious
Ears: Mysterious

Mom's Mom's Dad
Fur: Siamese - Chocolate
Eyes: Odyssey Dream (Mysterious|Small)
Ears: Soft Fold

Mom's Dad
Fur: Ocicat - Tawny
Eyes: Mint Julep (Mysterious|Small)
Whiskers: White (Guitar)

Mom's Dad's Mom
Fur: Ocicat - Chocolate
Eyes: Divine (Mysterious|Small)
Shade: Natural
Tail: Chop Chop
Size: Norma

Mom's Dad's Dad
Fur: Bengal - Snow
Eyes: Mint Julep (Mysterious|Small)
Tail: Mysterious
Here is the dad's info

Dad's Mom
Fur: Balinese - Seal Lynx
Eyes: Beach Blue (Curious|Small)
Tail: Genesis
Ears: Genesis
Whiskers: Silver (Guitar)

Dad's Mom's Mom
Eyes: Rainbow Prism (Curious|Big)
Tail: Frisky

Dad's Mom's Dad
Eyes: Beach Blue (Curious|Small)
Tail: Genesis

Dad's dad
Fur: Abyssinian - Black Silver
Eyes: Forest (Curious|Big)
Shade: Illume

Dad's Dad's Mom
Fur: Ocicat - Chocolate
Eyes: Pink Ice (Mysterious|Big)
Shade: Illume

Dad's dad's Dad
Eyes: Odyssey Rainbow (Curious|Big)
So Fro the kitten it seems mom must have passed the fur for a LONG time for me to pull it as no one on her side is showing it.

So when a kitten has the Frisky tail for instance, that means that either the mom also passed in a Frisky tail OR something better because the plush can't hide behind the Frisky...?

~ Luna's Lucky KittyCatS ~
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Cr.../73/120/21
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2013, 10:48 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2013 11:18 PM by Bea Shamrock.)
That's right, about the Frisky. What's hidden is always either the same or more recessive, never more dominant.

Mum's hidden snowshoe red comes from mum's mum's side most likely, as mum's dad shows Oci Tawny.

The shade is interesting in the pedigree....there's illume back there in dad's and there's glitter in mum's. Dad's shade has been passed for generations, and it's interesting that what has been passed could be Illume or a more recessive shade, since illume passed over flair to Dad's dad.

Mum is hiding Glitter directly from her own mum (illume was mum's dad's hidden, or mum would be showing flair not illume), so in theory, behind the Illume your kitten shows there could be glitter. Unless only dad decided to toss his hidden shade, then you'd have illume hiding illume. Or, since we don't know what let Illume pass in Dad's pedigree in the first place, the Illume you see could be coming from Mum and Dad may have passed glitter or a more recessive shade (it'd have to be porcelain or twinkle and I don't see signs of the eyes that usually accompanied these limited edition shades so I'd rather think glitter).

Both mum and dad show Mysterious ears, but Mum hides Soft Fold or more recessive, so there is a chance of Soft Fold or more recessive hiding either from mum or from dad, as we don't know what let mysterious pass, as dad's mum shows Genesis all the way back.

The hidden tail seems very likely to be chopchop, since the one that passed Frisky for sure is Dad , who's showing it, and the only more recessive tail seen in Mum's pedigree is Chop Chop in Mum's Dad's Mum.

Your kitten hides perfect eyes directly from mum, and the colour could be Ody Dream or more recessive, with the most likely candidates if more recessive being Mint Julep or Divine, which are the ones shown in Mum's pedigree.

I'll have a look at the stats again tomorrow after sleeping, and see if I see something else that could be interesting.

Bea Shamrock, Kitty carer and breeder

"There are no
ordinary cats"
(Colette)
01-10-2013, 11:07 AM
Wow! thanks for all the info Bea, I think i am getting a better grasp of how to look at the pedigrees now.

If mom's hidden tail is ChopChop, how would i go about pulling that out, would the best way be to breed with a more recessive tail (like with the mom's hidden color coming in because of dad's more recessive color)

Thanks given by: Bea Shamrock
01-10-2013, 05:16 PM
There isn't only one way to go when pulling hidden traits, so I'll share the one that I personally like (learned from Liriel at her Kitty Kottage classes, but expressed as I interpret it, so any complaints should be directed at me Smile ).

Your kitten needs to toss his/her hidden tail and won't do it for every box, so you need a more recessive tail to be able to tell whether the hidden has been passed or not. However, your kitty is still hiding perfect eyes, which I think you said you'd like your kitties to have, and is showing no whiskers shape. So perhaps it'd be a good idea to choose a more recessive tail that is not too recessive, so that you have some room to breed out those 3 traits. Once you have those traits showing (it may take more than one generation, that's why you're leaving room to try with a yet more recessive tail if you need to) , you can breed siblings that you know are hiding the chopchop or more recessive and wait for a "double pull" , ie when both siblings toss their hidden in the same box. If you have siblings that are showing different tails but both hiding for sure the chopchop (+), it'll be easier to tell if one of them has passed it and then that box can still be useful for your project. The different tails may come from the other parent tossing their hidden (provided it's more dominant than chopchop) or by choosing half-siblings. If you knew for sure the hidden is Chopchop, you could also use an unrelated kitty that you know is hiding chopchop.

I'm not experienced enough to say how you can do that and keep the fur you have, however. Perhaps hiding it under a fur that's more dominant than Snowshoe red, but where the hidden fur is more recessive than snowshoe red and more dominant than Bali Seal, and then pulling the red back out. It's something I'm still wondering about my own projects, I'm afraid.

Bea Shamrock, Kitty carer and breeder

"There are no
ordinary cats"
(Colette)
01-11-2013, 10:06 AM
hummm that's a lot of info to work with lol, thanks!

I am thinking that if this kitten were a boy there would be some kittycest in the next 14 days as i would mate back to mom to try to pull. but it's a girl so mom is paired back up with dad to see what the 3rd baby from this union will be.

I have way to many kitties i would like to "make" and i have added yet another to the list. a Snowshoe Red with Chopchop tail, perfect eyes in forest and the Mysterious ears.... I have yet to decide what whiskers i want lol.... I foresee a lot of permapets ><

I am going to end up the SL "Cat Lady" yet!

Thanks avian Bea for all your info!

Thanks given by: Bea Shamrock

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)