Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Abilty to "Make Public" pedigree link from Cat Menu
01-03-2013, 03:24 PM
Abilty to "Make Public" pedigree link from Cat Menu
Sorry if this has been discussed before. I was just thinking how tedious it is to put out and configure pedigree givers all the time. Woudn't it be nice for the regular Cat menu to have a button to Make Pedigree Public. (On the hud this could be turned on/off for all your cats too.)

Then when the customer clicks your kitty to see the stats, a link to the pedigree is presented also in their private chat. It would also save on prims because you don't need to set out a pedigree giver.

Just an idea I would love to see.

~Adrienne Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Serena Stroikavskoi , Julia Merosi , Giuliana Verrazzano , Bea Shamrock
01-03-2013, 03:26 PM
RE: Abilty to "Make Public" pedigree link from Cat Menu
Sounds like a great idea to me!!

[Image: 7884046580_9ba4a7cbb5_n.jpg]

Marketplace Store

United Catteries Store
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Adrienne Arliss
01-03-2013, 03:38 PM
Great idea Smile

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

01-03-2013, 05:40 PM
Great idea!!

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-10-2013, 01:28 AM
I would absolutely love this. The difficulty of sharing pedigrees is tedious to say the least. -I get pedigrees in one form or the other presented to me every day due to my work on the charts, and I can't count the hours I have spent trying to explain to people how to share their cat's info - and how the direct pedigree link NEVER works... Grrr. (-as it expires after a few minutes... )

Saga's Google Docs - Click here
01-10-2013, 03:50 AM
idk if that would be such a good idea after all i don't pretty much like it because each cat is given an id that can help in case somebody lose their kitty or any other thing that happen. like me for example i purchased a kitty and months after due to sl maintenance my kitty start showing copy because of some sl mistake the person i bought it from had the kitty showing too and if anybody has access to everybody cat id? how can we proof when their is chance of fool play? idk if it happen before but one can never write of the possibility

01-10-2013, 04:09 AM
Thumbs Up RE: Abilty to "Make Public" pedigree link from Cat Menu
I absolutely love this idea!
Pedigree givers, even if some are incredibly cute, quirky, clever and help us decorate our shops and auction panels, at the end of the day are extra prims we could live without with a tool like the one suggested here. "Accessing" other people's cats IDs doesn't represent an sl threat at all. The issue you're describing Zivaah, can only be solved by KittyCats Support, they can effectively know who is the owner of the cat and contrast their info to what the users (in this case you and the person you bought the cat from) can provide (For example, your transaction history as prove that you effectively bought the cat from them, etc). It doesn't represent a risk of not being able to prove who the owner of a cat is and who's not, it's simply incorporating what the pedigree script does to our KittyCats. Wink

Pedigree links don't seem to have a specific time of expiration, sometimes they do it so quickly no one in their human capability can click them fast enough, not to mention the chaos an expired pedigree link can cause in the middle of an auction surrounded by many people and scripted objects and you are trying to click on it and all you get is the website with the dreaded red text.

I'm all up for this idea!
Two Thumbs Up Adrienne!

G??????
01-10-2013, 05:37 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2013 05:40 AM by zivaah Resident.)
i was mainly referring to the fact that the online pedigree have the cat ID in it too. if only the cat owner can see the ID then i don't mind this idea but until then yes. this issue was an example i gave which was solved. i did not ask for it to be solved . i just gave an example where the ID was required to prove the cat was mines. imagine i bought the cat 3 months back and as regular buyer the transcription can become pretty clutter to find some stuff. So again untill they set it up a way that only the owner can see the cat ID then yes this would be a great idea.

01-10-2013, 05:51 AM
(01-10-2013 05:37 AM)zivaah Resident Wrote:  i was mainly referring to the fact that the online pedigree have the cat ID in it too. if only the cat owner can see the ID then i don't mind this idea but until then yes. this issue was an example i gave which was solved. i did not ask for it to be solved . i just gave an example where the ID was required to prove the cat was mines. imagine i bought the cat 3 months back and as regular buyer the transcription can become pretty clutter to find some stuff. So again untill they set it up a way that only the owner can see the cat ID then yes this would be a great idea.

Zivaah, I'm sorry but I'm failing to understand your post and why by clicking on someone else's cat and getting a pedigree link in the kitty stats in local could represent a threat. Could you please elaborate a bit more? I agree, transaction history in your sl account can get washed out easily if you buy many things through sl. I also apologize to you and anyone else if they got confused by my post, English is not my first language but I'm very interested in understanding your point of view. I appreciate your explanation.

G??????
01-10-2013, 06:07 AM
I am not saying that it is a threat i was talking about the making of the online pedigree public through clicking on a cat or hud like suggested. the ID is not only used for the pedigree script . but also as a way to identify you as the owner of the cat. for one reason kittycats made it not allowed for anybody to just click on the cat and access the pedigree. i find the pedigree giver is a loophole to this and i still think its a way to prevent miss use of the cat ID.one thing is that i am not saying it will happen. si i stills standing by that if they can set it up a way that the kitty ID is not showing. then of course great idea, im all in for it

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)