Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

do the cats breed with their own parent?
04-24-2011, 12:47 PM
do the cats breed with their own parent?
subject says it all...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2011, 02:22 PM
RE: do the cats breed with their own parent?
yah they can breed with any cat that has 100%
04-24-2011, 03:02 PM
that's a bit gross, says my wife... and i think its not exactly gross, but not realistic... real cats wouldn't mate with one of their parents either, or so i'm told...
04-24-2011, 10:46 PM
LOL well its possible in both worlds Tongue and yah it is gross but u can get pretty good traits i have been told
04-25-2011, 12:57 PM
Lots of things cats do we as humans think are gross....sniff other cats buts, lick their fur to clean themselves, throw up and eat it, but to them its just another day. I dont know much about rl cat breeding, but we had a pair of kittens(siblings) we got and took too long to get fixed and they mated. Everything turned out great and they are gorgeous cats, although inbreeding from what I have read can increase the chance of genetic issues. I have had breeders(rl) tell me that inbreeding once or twice is a successfull method to carry good traits, but excessive inbreeding can cause problems.

With the KittyCats it is totalyl possible and their is no negative outcome from doing it.
04-27-2011, 03:01 PM
Actually, this does occur naturally in the wild - not often, but it does happen.
04-27-2011, 03:35 PM
domestic cats of the same family will breed with each other as well. it's very common, as the male just pretty much is driven to mate when there is a female ready. it happens in dogs too and other domestic animals as well.
05-07-2011, 01:34 AM
It does happen, it happened to my cat who's her dad's sister.

Actually, I bred two maneki nekos together and had a wonderful snowshoe lilac with nice traits. To enforce those traits, I bred her with her dad and I had a "ghetto kitten". So... It can work, or not ! For me it didn't work. But I have no moral issue with that, ... That's kinda... virtual creatures anyway... Big Grin

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)