Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Dumb Question?
12-19-2012, 10:30 AM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2012 01:05 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
RE: Dumb Question?
I wonder something ...
In theory say I have a boxed Lazy in it's package not rezzed yet and I rezz it today.
It will contain the newest traits from what I read.
Will it still have the Lazy eyes and the procelain shade?

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Devilness Chant
12-19-2012, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2012 10:49 AM by Tad Carlucci.)
From what KR has said, I'd say, "yes" it will have the traits available today, and the same chance it always had for the eyes and shade.

If that chance was "always" then, yes, it will have one of the currently-available furs and other traits, and "always" have the eyes and shade.

Look to the original announcement. If it said something like "a chance to carry" the eyes and shade, you'll have the same chance, now, you had then. If it said "will carry" then it will still carry them.
My confusion, now, comes from recalling earlier guidance which lead me to believe that special collection traits were only in the collection's starters and not in the general, generic starters; but KR's comments seem to imply they'd be there, as well.

I've seen comments in the old announcements that some traits: would never be in generic starters; were not, at the time, and might never be; etc.

I'm not sure that this fine point needs clarification. But it would be good to know which traits can appear in generic starters, which could only appear in special collection starters, etc. And *that* is something I think is best left for *US* to discover, which is why I made the suggestion it might be good to start collecting it.

Frankly, while it's important that we know, now, with certainty, that the non-special traits in a box are selected from those available at the time the box was first rez'd, I don't think it's important to know when a trait moves from special-only status, to generic status. In fact, I don't even think it's important for us to know when traits are retired. Those are all things the community can discover and keep track of.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Bea Shamrock , Devilness Chant
12-19-2012, 12:23 PM
Ok, so, Nenya could be right about a 2011 Valentines box hiding White Russian IF it had already been rezzed and was sitting out somewhere or had been put back in inventory right when it was purchased but not if it was in your inventory the whole time and rezzed the first time today?

[Image: 7884046580_9ba4a7cbb5_n.jpg]

Marketplace Store

United Catteries Store
 Thanks given by: Devilness Chant , Nenya Eun
12-19-2012, 12:26 PM
Correct.
 Thanks given by: Devilness Chant , Nenya Eun
12-19-2012, 02:18 PM
(12-19-2012 09:08 AM)KittyCats Resident Wrote:  
(12-19-2012 03:16 AM)Nenya Eun Wrote:  Which means if you unpack a Valentines 2011 now, it might hide White Russian, but not Bali Seal.

Can we have confirmation about that ?

I have always been told that if a cat has a hidden trait, it has it "forever", so why couldn't a Valentines 2011 (I stress the year : 2011) hide Russian white ?

A box, once it is rezzed and loads its traits, keeps its traits forever.

On rez, it will load the latest traits it can understand. If in this latest understandable version a trait was or wasn't retired, existed or didnt exist, that will define what is loaded or not.

( note that this no longer is an issue with boxes released after the update that launched the cattery. also refer to my previous post http://kittycats.biz/forum/showthread.ph...1#pid20611 )

It means when the box is rezzed (now or in the future) when it goes through it's loading period the traits that is communicated and understandable of those traits retired or not, it is possible to have them. Which means it is possible but as the scripting 'language' changes it is less likely to be one. It's one reason coders hate updates to scripting languages because everything breaks as the language changes.

In laymans terms at the point the box is rezzed -> communicate to kitty god. If he understands what I want (variable$$ new fur##, retired fur**, whatever??) I have a chance at all three. But if the box 'mumbles' to the kitty god, them more than likely I'll only get 'whatever??'. Because that is what the kitty god understand me to want as the first two wasn't understood properly.

The exception to the rule would be if I 'already' knew what I wanted as it was already in my gene pool like with the porcelain & gerbera eyes on the lazy daisies. Those the kitty box already knows to do the ini mini miny moe thing and select one from the color and just ask for the rest..

"You're just jealous because the kitties only talk to me."
 Thanks given by: Bea Shamrock , Devilness Chant
12-19-2012, 02:32 PM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2012 02:32 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(12-19-2012 02:18 PM)Serena Stroikavskoi Wrote:  It means when the box is rezzed (now or in the future) when it goes through it's loading period the traits that is communicated and understandable of those traits retired or not, it is possible to have them. Which means it is possible but as the scripting 'language' changes it is less likely to be one. It's one reason coders hate updates to scripting languages because everything breaks as the language changes.

In laymans terms at the point the box is rezzed -> communicate to kitty god. If he understands what I want (variable$$ new fur##, retired fur**, whatever??) I have a chance at all three. But if the box 'mumbles' to the kitty god, them more than likely I'll only get 'whatever??'. Because that is what the kitty god understand me to want as the first two wasn't understood properly.

The exception to the rule would be if I 'already' knew what I wanted as it was already in my gene pool like with the porcelain & gerbera eyes on the lazy daisies. Those the kitty box already knows to do the ini mini miny moe thing and select one from the color and just ask for the rest..

Thanks Serena!
It suddenly makes complete sense now Smile

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

12-19-2012, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2012 04:54 PM by Bea Shamrock.)
I love the way you explain it Serena!!!! Smile Thank you!

(12-19-2012 10:37 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  My confusion, now, comes from recalling earlier guidance which lead me to believe that special collection traits were only in the collection's starters and not in the general, generic starters; but KR's comments seem to imply they'd be there, as well.

I've seen comments in the old announcements that some traits: would never be in generic starters; were not, at the time, and might never be; etc.

I'm not sure that this fine point needs clarification. But it would be good to know which traits can appear in generic starters, which could only appear in special collection starters, etc. And *that* is something I think is best left for *US* to discover, which is why I made the suggestion it might be good to start collecting it.

The case I know of with "regular" or generic starters being able to hide traits previously released in a special collection is the Seasons of Hope eyes (Beach Blue, Morning Dew, Changing Leaf and I always forget the 4th). This is the (current) description of the collection on the website:
"The Seasons of Hope KittyCatS can carry one of the 4 New Eye Colors in the collection as their secondary Eye genes. They also can contain genes for a new breed/coat of KittyCatS that can only be discovered through breeding. These new traits can be passed on to their offspring. The new traits were not in our normal starter packs till 18th July after the final Relay for Life event." (I'll look back in the news section to see how it was worded back when they came out)

Compare with the Lazy Daizies description: "The Dayzies guaranteed to carry one of the 4 New Eye Colors (Gerbera Purple, Gerbera Pink, Gerbera Blue, Gerbera Orange) in the collection and the Porcelain Shade as their secondary Eye & Shade genes. These new traits can be passed on to their offspring. The new traits are not in our normal starter packs and may never be." (by now I'm taking "may never be" as "will never be but we will leave room for it just in case" Big Grin )

And now compare with the Halloween 2012: "They are a specially designed collectible cats with random Genesis KittyCat traits which had the potential to pass their hidden traits like any other Genesis KittyCat." (this leads me to assume that vampire ears and other traits discovered from Halloween kitties are indeed hidden in some generic starters like any other non-retired trait).

I hope this helps a little. Off to find the original news post for the Seasons of Life collection

Here's the info on the original post for the release of RFL Seasons of Hope "The Seasons of Hope KittyCatS can carry one of the 4 New Eye Colors in the collection as their secondary Eye genes. They also can contain genes for a new breed/coat of KittyCatS that can only be discovered through breeding. These new traits can be passed on to their offspring. The new traits are not in our normal starter packs till 18th July after the final Relay for Life event.. " In addition, there was a post on July 19th saying the traits had been introduced in generic starters.

Based on this, I would take "may never be" as a sign of a LE trait unless some day KC states that the traits have been introduced in generic starters.

Bea Shamrock, Kitty carer and breeder

"There are no
ordinary cats"
(Colette)
12-19-2012, 06:04 PM
(12-19-2012 12:23 PM)dakillakm Resident Wrote:  Ok, so, Nenya could be right about a 2011 Valentines box hiding White Russian IF it had already been rezzed and was sitting out somewhere or had been put back in inventory right when it was purchased but not if it was in your inventory the whole time and rezzed the first time today?

(12-19-2012 12:26 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  Correct.

* Nenya Eun wipes brow in relief.

Ufff, that's what I meant even if it was not clear. Smile

Co-owner of TraitS R uS
[Image: bannieretrupetite.png]
Friendly KittyCatS market & auction site. French, English, Spanish, Dutch, German spoken
 Thanks given by: dakillakm Resident
12-19-2012, 06:33 PM
(12-19-2012 10:06 AM)Nenya Eun Wrote:  * Nenya Eun is lost...

Too complicated for me especially since it's not in my native tongue.

I guess it's not a problem though because I don't use "old" starters or LE's. lol

Blah

Nen English is my native language and this is toooooooooooooo complicated for me to follow!! lol
 Thanks given by: Nenya Eun
12-20-2012, 02:20 AM
LOL Dev ! Big Grin

Co-owner of TraitS R uS
[Image: bannieretrupetite.png]
Friendly KittyCatS market & auction site. French, English, Spanish, Dutch, German spoken

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)