Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Special Kittens?
12-13-2012, 05:04 PM
Special Kittens?
My wife and i have several collection cats, that say you will get a special kitten when you breed them, but all we have come up with are Genesis kitten with maybe 2 traits. Maybe because we are new to this, we shouldn't expect some amazing 8 or 9 trait kitten, but damn.

Will we get more traited kittens if we back breed the kitten with the mom or dad cat?

just looking for some kind of explanation...thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-13-2012, 05:15 PM
RE: Special Kittens?
(12-13-2012 05:04 PM)Michael929 Jefferson Wrote:  My wife and i have several collection cats, that say you will get a special kitten when you breed them, but all we have come up with are Genesis kitten with maybe 2 traits. Maybe because we are new to this, we shouldn't expect some amazing 8 or 9 trait kitten, but damn.

Will we get more traited kittens if we back breed the kitten with the mom or dad cat?

You have to breed them to one of the same type of cat. For example: The mummies had to breed with a mummy to get one special.

It only does this one time as well - or with the Christmas ones last year only for the first breeding together (dunno if I'm wrong on this but I'm sure it was just first breeding).

They will not give a special baby after that. So if you bought them live etc there is a chance someone already bred the special. If you bought them boxed breed them with its pair or with one of its kind.
12-13-2012, 05:24 PM
(12-13-2012 05:15 PM)Stormrunner Laval Wrote:  
(12-13-2012 05:04 PM)Michael929 Jefferson Wrote:  My wife and i have several collection cats, that say you will get a special kitten when you breed them, but all we have come up with are Genesis kitten with maybe 2 traits. Maybe because we are new to this, we shouldn't expect some amazing 8 or 9 trait kitten, but damn.

You have to breed them to one of the same type of cat. For example: The mummies had to breed with a mummy to get one special.

It only does this one time as well - or with the Christmas ones last year only for the first breeding together (dunno if I'm wrong on this but I'm sure it was just first breeding).

They will not give a special baby after that. So if you bought them live etc there is a chance someone already bred the special. If you bought them boxed breed them with its pair or with one of its kind.

Ahhhh that explains it, hence why you can buy them for sale cheap...thank you so much..now i can tell my wife and she can stop thinking something was rigged lol
12-13-2012, 06:37 PM
(12-13-2012 05:24 PM)Michael929 Jefferson Wrote:  
(12-13-2012 05:15 PM)Stormrunner Laval Wrote:  

Ahhhh that explains it, hence why you can buy them for sale cheap...thank you so much..now i can tell my wife and she can stop thinking something was rigged lol

I recommend against breeding starters with starters personally. Mine went with 9T partners immediately, then as i get their traits and ready to retire them, i'll put the pair together to get the special, expecting nothing but a gen kitty in a costume LOL.

Using 9T partners has allowed me multiple times to get 9T cats out of 2nd generation from starters (yes, it takes some luck too). That's why i highly recommend starters go with 9T partners.

You may not get a special costumed OS, but they may still hide all sorts of new traits you can breed out, so don't just toss them Smile

Kitty Kollege Pawfessor, Kitty Kottage
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Is.../69/224/22
 Thanks given by: Bea Shamrock
01-01-2013, 05:30 PM
I wanted to add when you breed the two special starters (i.e. Mummy kitties) they will give you a kitty with a costume. The real traits are hiding under that costume, and the kitty will still have hidden traits too. You could breed those two Mummy Kitties together for the first time and get a cute costume kitty but under it all it is only 2T showing.

And also what Liriel said..there could be some great HIdden traits behind those special kitties- dont toss them. Stick them with 9T's or as close as you can.

~BreeAnn
 Thanks given by: Bea Shamrock
01-01-2013, 08:06 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2013 08:21 PM by Bea Shamrock.)
Just to add (redundantly perhaps) that the "special kitten" is special because of the costume and not because of the traits it will show. It will look different from any of the breeds you see on the breeds page. Under the costume it will have "regular" features and traits, but that's not why it's special.

Here's photo from the KC Flickr pool of a special baby: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8350/81963...bf0529.jpg The parents are two Mummy Mia kitties (if I remember right), and the special baby looks like this. What you see is just a costume, just like in the parents.

Bea Shamrock, Kitty carer and breeder

"There are no
ordinary cats"
(Colette)
01-06-2013, 07:44 PM
That has happened several times to us, and we got all discouraged. Recently we put a mummy with a 9t, and got 2 tawy tabby kittens, so we have learned much by reading the forums and experimenting. thanks for your feedback

(01-01-2013 05:30 PM)Brunabug Nightfire Wrote:  I wanted to add when you breed the two special starters (i.e. Mummy kitties) they will give you a kitty with a costume. The real traits are hiding under that costume, and the kitty will still have hidden traits too. You could breed those two Mummy Kitties together for the first time and get a cute costume kitty but under it all it is only 2T showing.

And also what Liriel said..there could be some great HIdden traits behind those special kitties- dont toss them. Stick them with 9T's or as close as you can.

~BreeAnn

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)