Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

A new pedigree giver script?
12-12-2012, 07:17 AM
A new pedigree giver script?
Since I started making things, I've found some really cute ideas for pedigree givers. The problem is the mod setting. Some things I pay a lot for and want only used for pedigrees. The mod permission allows someone to do what ever they want with the object the giver is in.
Some things I don't mind having a multi use. But my problem is, some things I spend a lot on sculpts and buying or making textures for them.
Some things I wouldn't mind giving for free pedigree givers, but the makers of the sculpts put a lot of time and work into them and it's not fare to them if I give away their work and ppl can do what they want with them. it under cuts them. Why pay a few hundred linden for a scultpy when you can get it for little or nothing. A no mod setting would stop that problem.
If I make a pedigree giver and give or sell cheap. (cause no one wants to pay a lot for a pedigree giver when there are so many of them) then I would be undercutting other designers who buy and sell the same sculpty. A no mod setting would help this problem.
Is there a way to make a pedigree giver script that allows the object it's placed in to be a no mod object?

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2012, 07:22 AM
RE: A new pedigree giver script?
The Pedigreegiver in my opinion is inconvenient not only for the arguments above but in general.
I would love a script which allows us to touch an object with the pedigreegiver script in it and the script find the nearest cat or box and all the related info, job done:-)
It would be extra neat if we can get a name confirmation with that such as with partnering kitties if that was indeed the cat/ box we wanted to have a pedigree from.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Thanks given by: Devilness Chant
12-12-2012, 07:45 AM
I'm pretty sure I've seen someone offering that feature. It does not need to be in the Pedigree script, itself. Writing the script should not be too hard.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-12-2012, 09:08 AM
(12-12-2012 07:45 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  I'm pretty sure I've seen someone offering that feature. It does not need to be in the Pedigree script, itself. Writing the script should not be too hard.

I would really love to know where to find it?

12-12-2012, 10:45 AM
I thought Liri's pedi givers did that. You might speak to her. Where you touch the frame/object and put the id in local chat. Then touch the pedi giver again and it displays the pedigree. I know it's no mod and no copy.

"You're just jealous because the kitties only talk to me."
12-12-2012, 11:25 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2012 03:26 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
Yes, Liriel has an awsome script but it would be cool for those who like to make and eventually sell a pedigreegiver if we had access to a more advanced script.
I enjoy Liriel's pedigree genie and frame very much especially since it works different.
Once we agree people can look for any ID of the cat we own people can trace way back in the line and that's awsome I think.
For the creative community members though a more advanced, convenient and accessable script, as for copy/ transfer permissions, would still be very cool.
To make our own pedigreegivers without having to make the creation with modify permissions.

Retro Kitties Showroom »

12-12-2012, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2012 01:41 PM by Devilness Chant.)
(12-12-2012 10:45 AM)Serena Stroikavskoi Wrote:  I thought Liri's pedi givers did that. You might speak to her. Where you touch the frame/object and put the id in local chat. Then touch the pedi giver again and it displays the pedigree. I know it's no mod and no copy.

Liri's pedigree giver is amazing, but I don't want to take away from her. She made it and sells hers in her things. If we had a script like that all over it would put hers out of business.

I just would love a pedigree giver that lets me make an object no modify and still work.

12-12-2012, 04:15 PM
That's why I said to speak to her. She seams friendly and could possibly point you into where to get your own and/or how to do it. There is enough script writers in SL that it wouldn't be that hard to commission one either.

If those type of pedi givers get out on the market it will take away from her no matter how you look at it, as right now she has them. They are unique in that a lot of them aren't out there. So unless you don't sell yours and use them for your own purpose they will be available away. To keep the uniqueness then she would have to sell just the script with no copy/no modify. Otherwise it would become just another pedigree script that everyone has.

"You're just jealous because the kitties only talk to me."
12-12-2012, 04:40 PM
The question is more I believe if the currently available pedigreegiver script KC gives out could be improved by KC.
At least this is how I read your question am I right Dev?

Retro Kitties Showroom »

12-12-2012, 06:11 PM
(12-12-2012 04:40 PM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  The question is more I believe if the currently available pedigreegiver script KC gives out could be improved by KC.
At least this is how I read your question am I right Dev?

Yes it is. I don't want anything fancy like what Liri has. I would never take from her or anyone else.
I just want the present pedigree giver that we have to be changed a little. I would love it if we can use them in non mod prims.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)