Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Are there too many?
12-10-2012, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2012 05:24 PM by Sanura Snowpaw.)
RE: Are there too many?
(12-10-2012 05:08 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  If there were a central web site, formatted as calendar, even though it might allow multiple events scheduled at the same time, people would tend to avoid that.

Just saying.

the Nachts and Vamps both keep a schedule where people can check times and such.
The one by the Nachts http://kittycatauctions.blogspot.com/
The one by Vamps Cheeky https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?...GUHc#gid=0

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2012, 07:42 PM
If there is no objection, I'll add the Nacht's page to the FAQ.
 Thanks given by: Sanura Snowpaw
12-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Are there too many? I am not sure what the correct answer to that is. However, after looking at the auction list, there are 52 (if I counted correctly) per week. I also saw where someone put together an estimate of how many kittycat breeders there are currently...I think this number was right around 1900. Even if only 1000 of those auction that is an average of 19-20 people per auction. Is it less than what it used to be, I am not sure as almost every auction I have been to, that has been about the number of people in attendance. Very rarely do I see more than that; and I have been here for over 7 months now.

The reason for more sims...that reason is pretty easy to answer. Different styles, different personalities...people are unhappy with what is there so they create something new, competition. All part of any business environment. People shop where they are comfortable, and many remain loyal to that. For me I auction at 2 specific places for a couple of reasons; Their auctions are fast, I love the people, they are some of the first people I met in SL, and the acution schedule fits my RL schedule.

Less is not always better, but too many hurts the market as well. The market will stabilize and correct itself, as sims come and go. But competition is good, it creates choices in rentals, pricing, and gives each of us the ability to choose how much we want to spend, and where we want to spend it.
Find all posts by this user
12-10-2012, 11:11 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2012 11:12 PM by Sanura Snowpaw.)
(12-10-2012 07:42 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  If there is no objection, I'll add the Nacht's page to the FAQ.

I think that would be great! I would go ahead and add both though to be honest.

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
12-11-2012, 01:50 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2012 01:50 AM by zivaah Resident.)
i don't think there is to many

first because i wasnt here way back and would not know how it was way back besides what i see now and that really the thing . the idea in many business is for them to grow and a few years from now we will be double the amount of owner or less. who knows.

But then we are from different time zones and we all have a first life which can come at the most unexpected times to claim its position which mean that its impossible to make it to all the auctions and that is where having several comes handy. After all you don't have to go to all but the ones that suit your schedule. would it be nice to have to wait like a whole week for example to be able to auction your kitty and if something come up and you cant make it you have to wait for a while again? when with several auctions you can simply chose the one that suits you and the person you know will do the best job for your kitty?

one thing i am sure is that the majority in the kittycats community don't do auctions or else the ones we have going on wouldn't be enough
and these auctions are a rare ocations where you would see most of the breeders with one or more kitties at the same place without crashing the sim Big Grin
so yeah i dont think they are to many, you dont have to go to all and all are not the same

Thanks given by: Bea Shamrock
12-14-2012, 07:00 AM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2012 07:29 AM by Nocshadue Balbozar.)
(12-10-2012 05:08 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  If there were a central web site, formatted as calendar, even though it might allow multiple events scheduled at the same time, people would tend to avoid that.

Just saying.
Edit: If I had read the other posts I would have seen Sanu's reply with the calendar links ... doh =op

There almost always was a central calendar for auctions. Draco kept one updated for quite some time, not sure if he still is at this point. But there was always competition and whatnot too. Lots of new auctions cropped up and scheduled for the same or overlapping time slot as the existing ones etc and so on. Caused some drama and hurt feelings and quite a division in the community at the time and the residual is still being felt among old timers.

Bottom line is, there are still only 24 hours in a day. I remember early on when there were just a few auctions..people in other time zones were pretty much out of luck. But I see now lots of empty panels and the spam if about killing me. I've actually left a lot of kitty groups recently.

And I do agree with what others have said, it has a lot to do with personal taste. I have my auctions I go to. And I've been to a handfull that just didn't cut it. I really do appreciate all your opinions, thanks for taking time to reply =o)

Nacht's Landing
ScratchN Shop
12-14-2012, 12:12 PM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2012 12:13 PM by Sara Franco.)
I agree that there are too many, and it is hard to keep track of different auctions, I believe there has to be auctions at different time zones but doesn't have to be everyday, when there is too much of anything it becomes less attractive in my opinion, same happens when there is a trait that's too common.

I think there is more than enough markets but I also think it is nice to have different themed markets. And they all look great, however I think if some markets do less auctions people may be more excited to go to auctions.

I have been thinking about starting a market for a while but I backed off because I thought if I don't to have a very special idea that adds to the community then it is useless to add another market. I have some ideas but I'm still looking for that very special one that can be a real addition.

Sylvan Felines Shops:
Main Store
@CatTales

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)