Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Linden Lab Kills Second Life
11-14-2012, 08:21 AM
RE: Linden Lab Kills Second Life
While this may not be the forum to put this in...I will chime in as well Big Grin

ANY virtual world requires maint., server restarts and will always encounter some sort of downtime. In the grand scheme of things SL is not that expensive, a paltry monthly fee (I pay much more for other virtual worlds/games), and if you pay quarterly it's like getting one month almost free.

Now down time. I have not experienced much down time in SL. The land I own is extremely low lag, and it is "rebaked" or restarted pretty regularly to keep it fresh. I have many breedables on my land, and a night club that supports all the particles you can wear. So maint is important to keeping things running smoothly. But, I do know many have had issues, this is a virtual world and much like real life, will experience hiccups. I have in other worlds experienced entire days of server downtime due to maint.

Cost, well we all have the ability to control our costs here. Downtime has not affected my ability to pay my tier. Overall soft sales have at times made it close, as I try to not purchase linden to pay my tier. Real life economy will also effect the virtual economy. So blaming LL for costs is like blaming the cable company. If you can't afford it, don't get it Big Grin

Are there other virtual worlds out there? Sure there are, but you have to make the choice to give up the already established grid here, and start over somewhere else.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Sara Franco
11-14-2012, 09:38 AM (This post was last modified: 11-14-2012 09:58 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(11-14-2012 08:21 AM)Mirsoul Resident Wrote:  While this may not be the forum to put this in...I will chime in as well Big Grin

Lol true, this seems somehow the wrong forum for an Armageddon message.

Since we are off topic already lets talk about a real urgent matter which is totally disturbing to me: the lack of last names to pick from for newer and older newer people.
This I think is a terrible issue which gives people no fair chance to have a proper identity and leads to not to understand unicode glutter display names which are simply not to read via which people try to make their identity unique.
I have display names enabled currently as I feel I should do right to how people want to be called but it is not easy at all.
But above all I think it is insane people have no opportunity to integrate with a first and last name in Second Life in a proper way.
If you think so too please let Linden Labs know via this Jira »

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Thanks given by: Sara Franco
11-14-2012, 12:00 PM
OMG I just saw this thread! Linden Labs kills SL? Was it in the study with the candlestick? Dodgy

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
 Thanks given by: Mirsoul Resident
11-14-2012, 12:09 PM
(11-14-2012 12:00 PM)devilness chant Wrote:  OMG I just saw this thread! Linden Labs kills SL? Was it in the study with the candlestick? Dodgy

I think it was Scarlett

Retro Kitties Showroom »

11-14-2012, 12:18 PM
You could be on to something Kay. She is a woman scorned. But the butler has such shifty eyes.......Dodgy

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
11-14-2012, 12:30 PM
(11-14-2012 12:18 PM)devilness chant Wrote:  You could be on to something Kay. She is a woman scorned. But the butler has such shifty eyes.......Dodgy

Yes true he has this weird smirk all the time Dodgy

Retro Kitties Showroom »

11-14-2012, 10:53 PM
You mean that look he gives her when she admits it all and he turns to say, "Frankly, my dear, I don't give an $#%?"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-15-2012, 02:14 AM
Big Grin always loved that line

Bea Shamrock, Kitty carer and breeder

"There are no
ordinary cats"
(Colette)
11-15-2012, 08:07 AM
(11-14-2012 10:53 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  You mean that look he gives her when she admits it all and he turns to say, "Frankly, my dear, I don't give an $#%?"

Rofl!

Retro Kitties Showroom »

11-15-2012, 08:46 AM
This just cracks me up...lol.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)