Suggestion on new breeds
08-21-2011, 11:44 PM
RE: Suggestion on new breeds
I would love a Maine Coon.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-16-2011, 01:09 AM
As I started KittyCats to breed my RL kittehs and am still working on this goal I thought I give it a try.

My red tabby I grew up with I managed to breed out and he's a happy perma pet roaming my home now. Big Grin

On my black baby I'm still working. It had been hardest to decide on the eye-color to pick for her and also I had to wait for black whiskers to come. Wink

For my third crazy girl I'm a little lost tho. She's the typical domestic kitteh. Two-tone and kinda a lot like the Genesis Flames, tho her fur's gray where the Flame has her red parts. Undecided

[Image: Sissy-Mandy.jpg]

So, I thought I give it a try. Maybe there could be a Chateau - Silver/Flame or something? Or how about a whole new "Domestic" breed with blended tabby/russian (white/black) furs? The Chateaus are cute, don't get me wrong, I only miss the tabby lining in the colored parts.

*KittyCataholic*
Vila
Find all posts by this user
09-16-2011, 01:23 AM
post more photos ok? so i can get a better idea of what you mean Smile
09-16-2011, 01:25 AM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2011 02:02 AM by Vilandra Miles.)
The idea is kinda to mix for example silver tabby fur with russian white. To layer the silver tab over the russian white and then erase huge parts of the tabby so it's becoming a white cat with silver tabby "blobs" on the fur.

Cats showing such typical domestic fur usually have a white belly. The "tabby part" on the face often paints a turned upside-down V over nose and eyes. Also around the neck the fur mostly shows a "white collar" and while the back then shows the tabby fur again and goes all up to the whole length of the tail. Sometimes there's a white point on the tail or the body is completely white showing no tabby spots. Also the tabby spots can be grey or red and sometimes even blend from grey to red, making the cat a tricolor.

And here some pictures I found on the net to give some impressions:

[Image: 800px-Domestic_cat_felis_catus.jpg]

[Image: 8045281-eine-hauskatze-die-sitzen-auf-ei...garten.jpg] [Image: 5637626-domestic-cat-lieing-down-and-loo...camera.jpg]

[Image: cat.jpg]

[Image: domestic%20cat%20running%5B4%5D.jpg]

[Image: Domestic%20cat.jpg]

[Image: H44-10816073.jpg] [Image: 5047184-a-domestic-cat-lying-on-a-chair.jpg] [Image: meRgUhY.jpg]

And I just found out, their official designation is: Domestic Shorthair
09-16-2011, 10:55 AM
Another fur/breed I would love to see is the Tortie/Tortoiseshell cat. One of my RL cats has this fur and she is stunning. Its like someone took the calico cat and intensified the fur 10 times over.

[Image: Curlycat02_MID_1.jpg]

[Image: flash18mos4-260x300.jpg]

These pictures don't really do the fur justice, as the oranges and blacks are intermingled with each other beyond just "patches" or "stripes" of color. It really makes for a gorgeous fur. Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)