Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Closed 
KittyCatS History: Who discovered what & when?
10-27-2012, 07:43 PM
RE: KittyCatS History: Who discovered what & when?
(10-26-2012 11:52 PM)Malicia Python Wrote:  I darkly recall a trait update only in the "ordinary" starters last summer, I think this is when the Abbies were introduced, too. They also featured the traits introduced with the RFL 2011 Cats, whose new traits were exclusive to them until the new starters came. Only their eyes were really RFL exclusive.

As far as I recall (and I dont trust myself here)
Tabby Blue, Tabby Blue white, Abby Cin, Blue and Ruddy (the others were discovered later, but this does not mean they werent there before)
Oddy Terra eyes, Oddy Splash eyes...

(Needless to say, I had none of these then Big Grin)

I agree about the abyssinians, I can attest to the blacksilver! I have a blacksilver whose parent is the first blacksilver starter and it's an ordinary starter that was in the summer 2011.

Thank you much everyone for contributing! If any of you can 100% confirm or deny anything that's present on the list, please do so, hoping to have as little inaccuracies as possible. Smile I will update the list again tonight!

[Image: ohdeersig.gif]
KittyCatS History Thread
Find all posts by this user
10-27-2012, 09:25 PM
I totally forgot we had that starter update! I had been thinking all of them fit into a holiday costume release. So my info might be incorrect sorry about that.

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-27-2012, 09:37 PM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2012 05:51 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(10-27-2012 09:25 PM)Sanura Snowpaw Wrote:  I totally forgot we had that starter update! I had been thinking all of them fit into a holiday costume release. So my info might be incorrect sorry about that.

Wasn't it with Valentine 2012?
I remember I got a new smokey with Twinkle Shade and as I recall that smokey was very new and different to me Smile

Edit I found and old blog of me on that topic and it diplayes the orginal poster of the new genesis furs.
The poster contains the release date it was Februari 7, 2012 and this was ofcourse also the time the first genesis has been retired.
It was released as new birthday suits :-)

The Lucky Irish Clover Eyes, I found on my blog, were randomly birthed between the 17-th and the 19-th of March 2012
A bit besides the trait topic but I found also this info on the team kitties they were randomly birthed Between 29-th and 31-st of July 2012

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

10-28-2012, 01:27 AM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2012 01:32 AM by Bea Shamrock.)
(10-27-2012 09:37 PM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  
(10-27-2012 09:25 PM)Sanura Snowpaw Wrote:  I totally forgot we had that starter update! I had been thinking all of them fit into a holiday costume release. So my info might be incorrect sorry about that.

I remember I got a new smokey with Twinkle Shade and as I recall that smokey was very new and different to me Smile

Edit I found and old blog of me on that topic and it diplayes the orginal poster of the new genesis furs.
The poster contains the release date it was Februari 7, 2012 and this was ofcourse also the time the first genesis has been retired.

The Lucky Irish Clover Eyes, I found on my blog, were randomly birthed between the 17-th and the 19-th of March 2012
A bit besides the trait topic but I found also this info on the team kitties they were randomly birthed Between 29-th and 31-st of July

Funny (non) coincidence Kay!!!! Feb 7, 2011 was the official release of the very first non-Beta kittycats, in their Genesis I birthday suits of course Smile

And looking at the google table I see some very lucky people! Deer, Brandon, Noc, Franky and Dev with two discoveries each! wtg! Noc 2 1/2 if we count Clovis's Wink

BTW -I started looking at the very first pictures i n the KC flickr pool and found a few pictures of the beta kitties -I put them together in a gallery for ease of access. I don't have the links at hand now but look me up by name or through on of my pictures in the pool and you'll find it easily.

Bea Shamrock, Kitty carer and breeder

"There are no
ordinary cats"
(Colette)
10-28-2012, 03:35 AM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2012 03:41 AM by Nocshadue Balbozar.)
RE: KittyCatS History: Who discovered what?
(10-24-2012 02:45 AM)anna acanthus Wrote:  Lool Noc !
And if i remember rightly, around the same time as the Sublime, André decided to have a dabble in KCs and discovered Ody Booboo just a few weeks later Dodgy

I think it was Emme Oxygen that found the ody boo boo, Andre just fell in love with it and I bought him the red tabby with those ears and shorty tail at a Late Nacht auction as a prezzie =op

Kitty is named Petite Toot Toot and she's a perma pet now =o)
hehe hard to be sure on the Bronze eye as Andre got it from his Baroque about the same time Clovis did but..he didn't even notice and was going to menagarie the whole line.. I just asked to go through them first and saw the eyes and stole them lol.

And I was one of the first to get the pink and white chateau fur. I can't remember who else had it, but I was really exicted about that. Dr. Suess was my first pink and white kitty from the RFLs.

Nacht's Landing
ScratchN Shop
10-28-2012, 10:04 AM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2012 10:08 AM by Deer Thistle.)
RE: KittyCatS History: Who discovered what?
(10-28-2012 03:35 AM)Nocshadue Balbozar Wrote:  
(10-24-2012 02:45 AM)anna acanthus Wrote:  Lool Noc !
And if i remember rightly, around the same time as the Sublime, André decided to have a dabble in KCs and discovered Ody Booboo just a few weeks later Dodgy

I think it was Emme Oxygen that found the ody boo boo, Andre just fell in love with it and I bought him the red tabby with those ears and shorty tail at a Late Nacht auction as a prezzie =op

Kitty is named Petite Toot Toot and she's a perma pet now =o)
hehe hard to be sure on the Bronze eye as Andre got it from his Baroque about the same time Clovis did but..he didn't even notice and was going to menagarie the whole line.. I just asked to go through them first and saw the eyes and stole them lol.

And I was one of the first to get the pink and white chateau fur. I can't remember who else had it, but I was really exicted about that. Dr. Suess was my first pink and white kitty from the RFLs.

I remember Petite Toot Toot, I adopted one of her offspring and what beautiful traits they had. Smile I still have her red tabby offspring too, he's just too cute! Do you by any chance remember if it was Halloween 2011 that Petite Toot Toot's parent came from? I can't see that far up the pedigree but would like to say it was Halloween 2011.

I will update the chart to reflect this as well! Smile And congratulations to you both on your discoveries (Andre with bronze too!), it must have been a treat to see a pink cat come out of the box for the first time, LOL

[Image: ohdeersig.gif]
KittyCatS History Thread
10-28-2012, 01:26 PM
I think Clovis was the first one to get the bronze eye.

And thx Bea but I share my firsts with Ambry and Rocky since I think we were all pretty close on finding them. I really don't mind being second or last. Smile It's just really nice when a starter co operates. lol

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
10-28-2012, 04:54 PM
(10-28-2012 01:26 PM)devilness chant Wrote:  And thx Bea but I share my firsts with Ambry and Rocky since I think we were all pretty close on finding them. I really don't mind being second or last. Smile It's just really nice when a starter co operates. lol

I just went by the chart Sara made , Dev. You're listed on the furs tab twice.

And yes, I'm still thrilled my starter has given me a whole fussy family with frazz whiskers and soft folds occasionally, and my steam kitty giving me wavy Smile And, to be honest, all my starters cooperate in one way or another. I just need to look at the glass and see how Wink

Bea Shamrock, Kitty carer and breeder

"There are no
ordinary cats"
(Colette)
10-28-2012, 05:49 PM
(10-28-2012 04:54 PM)Bea Shamrock Wrote:  I just went by the chart Sara made

Actually Deer is the one doing all the great work extracting the info from the posts and making the list, I only made the Google Document and copied what Deer listed here, and now she is the one working on updating it too, so I'd like her to get the credit for the charts not me as she is the one deserve it.

Also all the awesome breeders sharing with their knowledge deserve credit of course, I got no info Blush so I shared with a simple task, that's all Smile.

Thanks for mentioning my name though Smile

Sylvan Felines Shops:
Collectables
 Thanks given by: Bea Shamrock
10-29-2012, 12:06 AM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2012 12:13 AM by Saga Felix.)
(10-27-2012 09:37 PM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  

We have had TWO starter updates - the first was a while after the RFL 2011 collection, and that contained the new furs & eyes from the RFL's - the ocicats, the abyssinians, the RFL-eyes etc.

-The second starter update was then in February this year, and that was with the new genesis II furs and stuff Smile
-I suddenly remember something - I am pretty sure Temptation Beaumont was the first to discover the Ocicat Lavender. I am not 100% it was that one, but almost. -I remember she had people over to see it come out of the box, and then there was an error, so she got an un-textured kitten. It was fixed next day or so I believe?

I am sure she'll be able to confirm which fur it was exactly - I am just 100% sure she discovered SOME fur Wink
-Another thing: At some point, there was notices sent out in KittyCatS addicts when something was discovered. -How far back in the notice-history can we go, I wonder?

Saga's Google Docs - Click here
 Thanks given by: Bea Shamrock
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)