Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Closed 
KittyCatS History: Who discovered what & when?
10-24-2012, 08:58 PM
RE: KittyCatS History: Who discovered what & when?
(10-24-2012 08:24 PM)deerylou Resident Wrote:  
(10-24-2012 07:41 PM)Sara Franco Wrote:  
(10-24-2012 07:35 PM)deerylou Resident Wrote:  
(10-24-2012 06:22 PM)Sanura Snowpaw Wrote:  Anyone make a simple chart of these so far? I'd love to add in any imput I could but I am having a bit of trouble following the thread.

I added a chart to the first post of this topic that includes what everyone has contributed plus my own (very limited) knowledge. I'm not very familiar with setting up Google Docs so if anyone wants to get one started, for sure add it. Smile I will try to tinker around with it later as well!

I can help if you'd like Smile, I live in Google Docs Big GrinBig Grin.
I can start a document and move the info you posted there and give you access to it if you send me your gmail.
Ok I got so excited and started the document Big Grin, working on copying the info there now.

Really?! That'd be so awesome, Sara! I will PM you my gmail! Smile

The document is initially done! Maybe not colorful but will work for now Big GrinBig Grin.

This is the url everyone can use:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?...GZicTJlenc

And this is a shortened version of the url: http://goo.gl/tDkgd

Sylvan Felines Shops:
Main Store
@CatTales
Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Bea Shamrock , Aurore Dreamscape
10-25-2012, 10:41 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2012 10:41 PM by Deer Thistle.)
Thank you so much Sara! I've added the Google spreadsheet to the first post and will continue to update both the spreadsheet and the forum post version of the list. Smile Big hugs to everyone who has contributed!

[Image: ohdeersig.gif]
KittyCatS History Thread
 Thanks given by: Sara Franco
10-26-2012, 04:33 AM
Searching something else I found this post from early November 2011 (if it's US format, otherwise 11 March 2011) advertising the auction for a "brand new fur", Aby lilac. Not sure who discovered it or exactly when, but it's a good approximation I'd say.

Thanks Sara and Deer for putting all the info together!! I saw some comments on Sara's sheet: according to what I was told at the time, Wild Ody came only from Love Leopards, and divine only from Love letters (but my understanding was that not necessarily by a SWAK). Also, Love letters can pass only 5 fruit eyes (including divine and excluding Wild Ody), whereas Love Leopards can pass 7 (excluding Divine and including Wild Ody). That's what the official ad says (it doesn't name Divine or Wild Ody); I suppose the ones that can be passed by the love letters are the ones their costumes show but I'm not completely sure.

Bea Shamrock, Kitty carer and breeder

"There are no
ordinary cats"
(Colette)
10-26-2012, 05:00 AM
(10-26-2012 04:33 AM)Bea Shamrock Wrote:  ... and divine only from Love letters (but my understanding was that not necessarily by a SWAK) ...

This could well be my SWAK hid divine and my others fruit but if Divine is pulled from an other Love Letters cat it was likely random as well.
I thought it was the same matter as Twinkle and Ambrosia's.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

10-26-2012, 05:07 AM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2012 05:10 AM by Bea Shamrock.)
Also from KittyCatS Breeders Guild blog: -Aug 3rd (?2011) post announces Blue Tabby and Aby Blue as new furs.
-On the list of traits posted also on Aug 3rd, furs *not* present are: Ocicat Chocolate, Aby Fawn, Aby Lilac, Aby bs, Chateau cocoa&White No2, Chateau Grey&White No2, Chat Cream&White No1, Chat Cream & White No2 , Chateau Tawny & White No1 (I remember Tawny came out in 2012 but not when), Siamese Flame, Snowshoe Red. (of course neither are the most recently discovered ones, but most of those are placed already).

-Tails listed are: Mysterious, plush, frisky, curious, boo boo.
- Ears listed: Mysterious, Curious, Soft Fold, rounded, Ody 2
- all shades except for Twinkle are listed
- Whiskers: Mysterious and Plush shapes and White and Two tone B&W colours only.
-Eye colours: Beach Blue, Ice Crystal and Changing Leaf listed at the top of an otherwise alphabetically organised list suggest they were new (I never remember when RFL kitties come out; Morning Dew came out in the same collection , however, and isn't on the list so probably not discovered yet at the time?)
-Eye colours *not* listed: Light Wash, Mint Julep, Morning Dew, Morning Glory, Peach bellini, Strawberry Bellini, Odyssey Bellini, Ody Burst, Bronze, Ody Kaleidoscope, Ody splash (featured in the photo of the post cited above about brand new aby lilac of nov 2011), Ody Sublime, Ody Wonder.

(some are obvious but there's a lot of eye colours! Big Grin I didn't want to miss any so went alphabetically, with the ody ones as a separate group)

(10-26-2012 05:00 AM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  
(10-26-2012 04:33 AM)Bea Shamrock Wrote:  ... and divine only from Love letters (but my understanding was that not necessarily by a SWAK) ...

This could well be my SWAK hid divine and my others fruit but if Divine is pulled from an other Love Letters cat it was likely random as well.
I thought it was the same matter as Twinkle and Ambrosia's.

My guess is it was random, as for Twinkle it's specified (taken from the collections page of the website): "the Rainbow Love Leopards also have guaranteed the new shade "Twinkle" in their hidden traits." In the case of the eyes it only mentions the number of new eyes available

Bea Shamrock, Kitty carer and breeder

"There are no
ordinary cats"
(Colette)
10-26-2012, 09:59 AM
I just re-read some of my "Trait-talk transscript" document to find something specific, and stumbled upon a line on page 2 that says:

"The least dominant fur that you can currently get, as we know it, is the newly discovered Siamese Flame fur, discovered by Thee, the second-most recessive fur is the Ocicat Tawny and if we go back to looking at the old furs, the most recessive of those were the Bengal Snow."

-So there - Thee discovered Siamese Flame, and that was "newly discovered" in September 2011, when this trait-talk was held. I would say that the Ocicat Tawny was probably not much older than that, too.
(I think Thee's full name is Thee Ordinary, but I am not logged in SL right now, so can't check. She has something else entirely as display name)

Saga's Google Docs - Click here
 Thanks given by: Bea Shamrock
10-26-2012, 11:32 AM
i discovered them all Tongue

JUST KIDDING...

this is so cool what you are doing!!! Smile
 Thanks given by: Quantic Kimono
10-26-2012, 07:27 PM
Siamese Flame, Blue Tabby, Blue & White Tabby, Aby Cinnimon, Aby Fawn, Aby Ruddy, Aby Blue, Silver & White Chateau, Black & White 3 Chateau, Grey & White 2 Chateau, Ody Sublime, Ody Splash, Ody Terra - Halloween 2011

Ocicat Tawny, Pink & White Chateau, Oci Lavender, Ice Crystal, Beach Blue, Changing Leaf, Morning Dew - RFL 2011 (First time we got new traits)

Bali Seal, Bali Chocolate, Bali Lilac, - Christmas 2011

Bali Cream, Bali Flame, Boo Boo Whiskers, Fussy Tail - Easter 2012

Are the ones I can think of I am fairly sure of their placement but not 100% sure

These I haven't seen placed into a collection so far but I know were not in the orginal release.
TAILS - Stubby, Shorty, Chop Chop, Big Boo Boo
EARS - Boo Boo, Big Boo Boo, Ody Boo Boo, Pointed Soft Fold, Ody 1, Ody 2,
FURS - Tawny & White Chateau, Oci Blue, Oci Ebony Silver, Oci Chocolate, Oci Cinnamon Silver, Snowshoe Red, Aby Lilac,
WHISKERS - Plush, Frazzled, Black, Blonde Streaked, Two Toned
EYES - Strawberry Bellini, Peach Bellini, Ody Kaleidoscope, Morning Glory, Mint Julep, Light Wash, Bronze,

I hope this helps narrow some down.

Heart KittyCatS lover and LazyCats auctioneer. Heart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Sara Franco , Bea Shamrock
10-26-2012, 11:52 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2012 11:53 PM by Malicia Python.)
I darkly recall a trait update only in the "ordinary" starters last summer, I think this is when the Abbies were introduced, too. They also featured the traits introduced with the RFL 2011 Cats, whose new traits were exclusive to them until the new starters came. Only their eyes were really RFL exclusive.

As far as I recall (and I dont trust myself here)
Tabby Blue, Tabby Blue white, Abby Cin, Blue and Ruddy (the others were discovered later, but this does not mean they werent there before)
Oddy Terra eyes, Oddy Splash eyes...

(Needless to say, I had none of these then Big Grin)

http://slurl.com/secondlife/New/44/101/352
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-27-2012, 07:00 PM
The RFL 2011 eyes were also introduced in the new starters that came a while later. I had a starter that gave me Changing Leaf, and one Beach Blue. I don't think anything was really exclusive to the RFL's once the new starters came?

-The first new traits I recall were in the Lazy Daizy collection, easter 2011 - which were the Gerbera eyes & the porcelain shade. I was recently told that the Platinum eyes were introduced with the Leprecats, but I have never heard of that before? -I am not sure though, as Leprecats came before I started.

Saga's Google Docs - Click here
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)