Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Fun with Breeding "Advice", "Tips", Tricks and Superstitions :)
09-23-2012, 07:47 AM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2012 03:14 PM by KittyCat Princess.)
Fun with Breeding "Advice", "Tips", Tricks and Superstitions :)
As I sit here in my lucky pants, contemplating the mysteries of breeding, and the things I want to say to start this thread....I just want to say feel free to post questions here and jump in any time.
We all have things we've picked up along the way or things that others taught us. Funny things that have happened like this one. If you end up with a kitty that just isn't right, (though I would have loved to keep that one) you can find the kitty id number in your pedigree and file a ticket. They fixed my poor kitty in just a few hours.
You can also click edit on your kitty, select face, and choose the whiskers, the kitty id number is also in the whiskers which can save you time looking it up.
[Image: 7906706350_eebfbeeea9.jpg]
Inbreeding by Devilness Chant, on Flickr

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: anna Acanthus , Sara Franco , Piper Rowley
09-23-2012, 07:51 AM (This post was last modified: 09-23-2012 07:51 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
RE: Fun with Breeding Advise, Tips, and Tricks
Okay I washed my lucky pants to start fresh on this thread thank you Dev Smile
hahahahaah OMG that picture!

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Thanks given by: Devilness Chant , anna Acanthus
09-23-2012, 11:50 AM
RE: Fun with Breeding Advise, Tips, and Tricks
(09-23-2012 07:51 AM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  Okay I washed my lucky pants to start fresh on this thread thank you Dev Smile
hahahahaah OMG that picture!

I'm so glad you're washing those pants! I wouldn't have been able to buy Halloween starters without getting a little grossed out thinking you're wearing those pants for two months unwashed. rofl

Partnering kitties atm and thought to share this tip. I just learned this one a few months ago at a Kitty Kottage class. Blush (seems breeders have been doing it for ages)
When you partner your kitties you can simply put them next to each other and click on the breed, set partner, and instead of typing the name in Nearby Chat, use the # symbol in chat and hit enter. When you get the pop up to ok the partners check the name to make sure. (yes I tried to partner two males this way Blush)

There are a few breeder classes around and please feel free to post times and locations here if you like. Smile The only one I knew of was at Kitty Kottage on Sun mornings. But the classes are a wonderful way to make friends, ask questions, and even some of us that have been breeding a while can learn new things. Smile

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
 Thanks given by: Sara Franco , anna Acanthus , Brunabug Nightfire
09-23-2012, 12:05 PM (This post was last modified: 09-23-2012 12:40 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
RE: Fun with Breeding Advice, Tips, and Tricks
Oh I love the # partnering!
KittyCatS Resident makes the cats so convenient by updating the scripts so frequently with all sorts of amazing features!
Before the update I needed to partner Fred BaliPorcCurious with Ginger BaliPorcCurious or other insane names and type it all LOL

EDIT I know you are happy I washed my lucky pants but I'm not sure I am,...
I just feel it should be very dirty to bring me luck for Halloween and in general.
I should really fine tune my rituals & relics before it is breeding time.

[11:37] Kayleigh McMillan: Fruitberryapple Twinkleberg
[11:37] KittyCats - Fruitberryapple Twinkleberg: Aww, I love my name! It's purrfect!

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Thanks given by: Devilness Chant , Sara Franco , anna Acanthus
09-23-2012, 12:23 PM
thank you for the # breeding tip, i will have to try it out as I also end up with some interesting names to type. Thank you again and happy breeding. Big Grin

Big Grin Kitty Cats Are Like Potato Chips, You Can Never Have Just One Big Grin
 Thanks given by: Devilness Chant
09-23-2012, 08:10 PM (This post was last modified: 09-23-2012 08:13 PM by Sara Franco.)
Thanks for opening this topic Smile

Will participate with some thoughts and questions...

I know that which trait the kitty passes is random but even randomness has a pattern or at least some limitations the coders force or the rand function does itself, but lets not get so technical again, and better we talk about the results we get not the reasons.

Like some may noticed that the Kitties sometimes pass the hidden traits it held undiscovered for too long at the last days before retiring, that could be forced by coders that old kitties pass more hidden, but I can't be sure of course.

Also passing the same trait many times in a row, the cat will never pass the same trait forever and shouldn't.
I've an Abyssinian - Cinnamon hiding Ocicat -Tawny, I mate her with her Chateau Cat - Silver & White No. 1 brother who is hiding the same to get some traits with the Ocicat -Tawny, they gave Abyssinian Abyssinian - Cinnamon 5 times in a row!! before they give me an Ocicat -Tawny (and it didn't have the traits I wanted Sad). So How many times maximum in a row you get the same trait passed (weather visible or not)? I didn't keep record but I got 5 in a row recently as I just mentioned.

And what are your observations about randomness patterns in general? Knowing the randomness behavior may help us choosing the right time for breeding with a certain mate so I'm really curious to hear your observations.

Sylvan Felines Shops:
Collectables
 Thanks given by: anna Acanthus
09-24-2012, 05:47 AM
how can you tell the sex of your kittys?Smile new to ownership not really looking to breed but if it happens yay!! i wore my lucky pants that day!Smile
09-24-2012, 05:53 AM
(09-24-2012 05:47 AM)LadyKallista Resident Wrote:  how can you tell the sex of your kittys?Smile new to ownership not really looking to breed but if it happens yay!! i wore my lucky pants that day!Smile

You mean how to tell the sex when it is still in the box? click the box and choose "image" from the menu, it will turn the box to an image where you can see how the kitten looks and the gender.

You can also check the gender at the pedigree page online.

Sylvan Felines Shops:
Collectables
09-24-2012, 06:28 AM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2012 06:29 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(09-23-2012 08:10 PM)Sara Franco Wrote:  Thanks for opening this topic Smile

Will participate with some thoughts and questions...

I know that which trait the kitty passes is random but even randomness has a pattern or at least some limitations the coders force or the rand function does itself, but lets not get so technical again, and better we talk about the results we get not the reasons.

Like some may noticed that the Kitties sometimes pass the hidden traits it held undiscovered for too long at the last days before retiring, that could be forced by coders that old kitties pass more hidden, but I can't be sure of course.

Also passing the same trait many times in a row, the cat will never pass the same trait forever and shouldn't.
I've an Abyssinian - Cinnamon hiding Ocicat -Tawny, I mate her with her Chateau Cat - Silver & White No. 1 brother who is hiding the same to get some traits with the Ocicat -Tawny, they gave Abyssinian Abyssinian - Cinnamon 5 times in a row!! before they give me an Ocicat -Tawny (and it didn't have the traits I wanted Sad). So How many times maximum in a row you get the same trait passed (weather visible or not)? I didn't keep record but I got 5 in a row recently as I just mentioned.

And what are your observations about randomness patterns in general? Knowing the randomness behavior may help us choosing the right time for breeding with a certain mate so I'm really curious to hear your observations.

I'm not sure if there is a pattern because sometimes my cats just suddenly pop everything I wanted from them and more the first breed and other times they playing hard to get with me.
What I noticed though but this can be given in by me willing to back breed a starter's offspring they almost always give me the same gender as the starter has.
Also I have this Balinese Flame I wanted to make a breeding pair from and he only gives me boys since he was born and he now is 84 days old.
I try to ignore the fact this is a littlebit frustrating but indeed this is random at it's best Smile

Retro Kitties Showroom »

09-24-2012, 06:39 AM
(09-24-2012 06:28 AM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  I'm not sure if there is a pattern because sometimes my cats just suddenly pop everything I wanted from them and more the first breed and other times they playing hard to get with me.
What I noticed though but this can be given in by me willing to back breed a starter's offspring they almost always give me the same gender as the starter has.
Also I have this Balinese Flame I wanted to make a breeding pair from and he only gives me boys since he was born and he now is 84 days old.
I try to ignore the fact this is a littlebit frustrating but indeed this is random at it's best Smile

I got too many females from some line too, I know how frustrating it is.
Thanks for sharing your experience, I'm sure we won't find an exact pattern that we all see, but at least we can see some different ones, maybe each Kitty has it is own case, we are having fun anyway trying to figure that out not setting rules Smile.

Sylvan Felines Shops:
Collectables

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)