Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

size traits
10-02-2012, 10:20 AM
RE: size traits
(10-02-2012 08:36 AM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  No harm at all. In fact, it's that people do this which should ensure everyone that, yes, in fact, nobody has reached into the code and changed things. It's not that we don't trust them, it's that that trust is being constantly verified.

BTW, Chaos Theory can handle those two almost-random images and allow us to work on the emerging non-randomness. It can't do a thing with the random one because .. it's truly random .. there are not patterns to emerge.

I don't think it's a matter of not trusting, they may decide (or have decided) to change things up a little bit to keep the cats fresh, and viable. In fact, at the Q&A, they said so much as that they would be adding trait(s) at some point, along with other surprises. I have recently gotten into the kitties, after bad experiences with two of the first three breedable pet types. after a certain run time, depending on how the creators handle things, the popularity dives due to boredom, overpopulation, and/or creator indifference once they've reached a "plateau". I haven't seen any indication of these with the kitties as of yet, and the fact that the creators are still heavily involved with the community this far in is a very good sign.
Change can be good though, as I said, to keep it fresh, and since the creators are accepting (and asking for) the community's input, I'm sure any changes they make would be welcomed by the majority of kittycats owners.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Wytchie Resident
10-04-2012, 08:12 AM
Quote:Once again, I'm not saying you're wrong, but is it possible that they changed something recently? I'm going to continue my research here, but I find it hard to believe its a coincidence when this pair has had 2 kittens, one toy, one teacup. If you look at the picture I posted to start this, there are 9 cats in that family group. 6 are either teacup or toy. (The two child cats of "Bengie" at the bottom, "Sheldon and an unnamed boxed cat, are the teacup and toy I am referring to)

Not unless it's changed in the last couple of weeks. Both of these parents are teacups:

female New Born Kitten

Fur: Siamese - Blue
Eyes: Azure (Shape: Mysterious | Pupil: Big)
Shade: Porcelain
Tail: Boo Boo
Ears: Curious
Whiskers: White (Shape: Mysterious)
Size: Normal

Version: 1.26
Owner: Liriel Garnet
ID: 875267ab-c128-29bc-6e86-309cf54d2c36
=================
MOM: Liri's Little Lady
Fur: Bengal - Charcoal
Eyes: Azure (Shape: Mysterious | Pupil: Small)
Shade: Glitter
Ears: Mysterious

DAD: Shooting Star
Eyes: Key Lime (Shape: Mysterious | Pupil: Big)
Shade: Twinkle
Tail: Curious

Kitty Kollege Pawfessor, Kitty Kottage
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Is.../69/224/22
 Thanks given by: Bea Shamrock
10-04-2012, 08:52 AM
(10-01-2012 06:45 PM)Tad Carlucci Wrote:  I saw this in the TV Show "Numb3rs" and had to do some digging to find an example for you. Here are three images. Only one is random. The other two are almost, but not quite random. Can you tell which?
I take a sample from the Left image and it's "Too clumpy."

I take a sample from the Right image and it's "Too smooth."

I take a sample from the Middle image and it's "Just right."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Bea Shamrock
10-04-2012, 10:15 AM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2012 10:16 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
Either way random or not random it is very exciting I think if we might uncover something new regarding size I love the breeding puzzle and I sure hope KC will continue to hide new secrets in our cats for us to uncover as they update them that makes it so much fun I think Smile

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

10-04-2012, 06:48 PM
(10-04-2012 08:12 AM)Liriel Garnet Wrote:  Not unless it's changed in the last couple of weeks. Both of these parents are teacups:

female New Born Kitten

Eyes: Azure (Shape: Mysterious | Pupil: Big)
Shade: Porcelain
Size: Normal

Version: 1.26
Owner: Liriel Garnet
ID: 875267ab-c128-29bc-6e86-309cf54d2c36
=================
MOM: Liri's Little Lady
Fur: Bengal - Charcoal
Eyes: Azure (Shape: Mysterious | Pupil: Small)
Shade: Glitter
Ears: Mysterious

DAD: Shooting Star
Eyes: Key Lime (Shape: Mysterious | Pupil: Big)
Shade: Twinkle
Tail: Curious

Thanks for the proof, I do believe they don't follow the normal genetics rules.
I think having a toy or a teacup size in the cat pedigree affects if the OS will have toy or teacup or not but I haven't found a certain pattern so far.

Sylvan Felines Shops:
Collectables
10-05-2012, 12:52 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2012 01:51 AM by anna Acanthus.)
Just for the record, and at a quick glance, I have at least 9 of my teacups which work back up to the same ancestor.
And more recently, 4 toys from the same dad/grandad.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)