Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Restore the ability to break-up partnerships with only 1 cat present
09-18-2012, 01:48 PM
Restore the ability to break-up partnerships with only 1 cat present
I realize this was "bug" that was fixed in the last update, however, this is incredibly annoying now. Many of us wind up with 1/2 the pair for various reasons, be it purchasing, menagerie, or anything in between. In the past we were able to click the break-up bottle a second time and get it to cooperate, but now we no longer have that ability.

If we are willing to pay for the bottle, why should we not be able to break up pairings when we only have 1 of the cats present? Otherwise we are "punished" and forced to wait for the partnership to run out - which could be as long as 11 days - a huge waste of time and money for some breeders.

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Liriel Garnet , Bea Shamrock , Dimpz Morane
09-18-2012, 02:05 PM
RE: Restore the ability to break-up partnerships with only 1 cat present
(09-18-2012 01:48 PM)Nynaveve Wirefly Wrote:  I realize this was "bug" that was fixed in the last update, however, this is incredibly annoying now. Many of us wind up with 1/2 the pair for various reasons, be it purchasing, menagerie, or anything in between. In the past we were able to click the break-up bottle a second time and get it to cooperate, but now we no longer have that ability.

If we are willing to pay for the bottle, why should we not be able to break up pairings when we only have 1 of the cats present? Otherwise we are "punished" and forced to wait for the partnership to run out - which could be as long as 11 days - a huge waste of time and money for some breeders.

Thanks.

YES PLEASE!!!!!

Kitty Kollege Pawfessor, Kitty Kottage
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Is.../69/224/22
 Thanks given by: Bea Shamrock
09-18-2012, 02:23 PM
I was sorta surprised to see that, when Charm forgot to look and menageried a partner from the Cattery, the other partner remained mated. It would be a simple change. I suppose the rationale is there needs to be some 'gotchas' where you have to pay the price for a mistake. But, even so, if one has made the mistake and choose to use the financial route to solve it, rather than using the timed route, one should not be punished more for having menageried one partner than one would be for accidentally selling it (assuming the purchaser is willing to let the two cats appear together so that your purchased correction is usable).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-18-2012, 02:36 PM
Yes I'm all for restoring this "bug".

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom »

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

09-19-2012, 11:04 AM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2012 11:11 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(09-18-2012 01:48 PM)Nynaveve Wirefly Wrote:  ...

Thanks.

That and sometimes (accidently) partnered kitties are purchased and sold.
Often for a lower price as the kitty has only a few breeds left but is precious enough to buy.
In these cases a working break-up bottle for singles is very important.
It came to my mind this "bug" was fixed right after the Online Cattery was released in which it is impossible to unpartner a single kitty.
Could it be this has been changed for the Break-Up bottle to work the same as in the online cattery?

Retro Kitties Showroom »

09-19-2012, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2012 07:04 PM by Sara Franco.)
I'd prefer if the breakup happens automatically upon ownership change event.
And maybe adding a small check when the kitty contacts the server if Partner is flagged in menagerie or has no record (if they delete the actual record from the database) the breakup happens too.

But the ownership change breakup may be bad if you pass kitties to alts sometimes...

Sylvan Felines Shops:
Collectables
09-19-2012, 08:24 PM
Smart idea Sara!
Yes transfering partnered kitties between alts might be a problem in that case but easy to fix as well as two different owners can partner a kitty again if they both agree and are on the same sim.
On second thought the downside for KC might be transfering kitties to an alt is cheaper than buying the breakup vitamin Smile

Retro Kitties Showroom »

09-19-2012, 09:05 PM
Break-up on ownership change is functionally identical to:

* free break-up juice
* cat menu option to break up without need to juice or have mate present

All one would need to is pass to an ALT and pass back.

Break-up on Perma-pet or Menagerie, however, is not susceptible to this abuse since those are one-way operations.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-19-2012, 10:22 PM
hmmmm you're right. I hadn't thought of it :/

Bea Shamrock, Kitty carer and breeder

"There are no
ordinary cats"
(Colette)
09-20-2012, 06:58 AM
Oh you are right Kay and Tad, it will be like free vitamin for the ownership part, didnt' think of that Blush

Sylvan Felines Shops:
Collectables

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)