Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

What am I doing wrong? .... Cat still hasn't had a kitten
09-13-2012, 05:36 AM
What am I doing wrong? .... Cat still hasn't had a kitten
I am still fairly new to this whole breeding thing and this is only my second pairing attempt (3rd if you count the successful one) but I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I have 2 cats I am trying to breed together but the female has not yet had a kitten after 13 days of being paired with her partner. Any advice would be helpful. Is it normal to take so long for cats to get preggers and have kittens? With the other pair, I had a kitten box within 2 days of partnering them. The two cats I'm trying to breed are posted below in case that helps at all with knowing why it would be taking so long:
? Valic

? 29 days ??? 100% ? 80%

? 90% ?? 3%

Partner: Smokey
(9 days remaining)

Fur: Siamese - Lilac
Eyes: Canary (Shape: Mysterious | Pupil: Small)
Shade: Illume
Tail: Plush
Ears: Mysterious
Whiskers: Silver (Shape: Mysterious)
Size: 49 cm (19.2 inch)

Collar: Canary Diamond

Version: 1.25

? Smokey

? 24 days ?? 100% ? 71%

?? 45% ?? 5%

Partner: Valic
(9 days remaining)

Fur: American Shorthair - Silver Tabby
Eyes: Odyssey Sorbet (Shape: Curious | Pupil: Small)
Shade: Natural
Tail: Mysterious
Ears: Genesis
Whiskers: Silver (Shape: Guitar)
Size: 43 cm (16.9 inch)

Version: 1.26

I partnered them once before and after the 11 days expired still did not have a kitten so repartnered them again. Is it the version or that these two breeds just won't breed with each other? Or is there something else I'm missing?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-13-2012, 05:59 AM
RE: What am I doing wrong? .... Cat still hasn't had a kitten
(09-13-2012 05:36 AM)LadyTaelia Resident Wrote:  I am still fairly new to this whole breeding thing and this is only my second pairing attempt (3rd if you count the successful one) but I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I have 2 cats I am trying to breed together but the female has not yet had a kitten after 13 days of being paired with her partner. Any advice would be helpful. Is it normal to take so long for cats to get preggers and have kittens? With the other pair, I had a kitten box within 2 days of partnering them. The two cats I'm trying to breed are posted below in case that helps at all with knowing why it would be taking so long:
? Valic

? 29 days ??? 100% ? 80%

? 90% ?? 3%

Partner: Smokey
(9 days remaining)

Size: 49 cm (19.2 inch)

Version: 1.25

? Smokey

? 24 days ?? 100% ? 71%

?? 45% ?? 5%

Partner: Valic
(9 days remaining)

Size: 43 cm (16.9 inch)

Version: 1.26

I partnered them once before and after the 11 days expired still did not have a kitten so repartnered them again. Is it the version or that these two breeds just won't breed with each other? Or is there something else I'm missing?

If you look at the second cat, he only has a single heart because his happiness is too low and he's asleep. You may have to wake Smokey and cuddle him while his partner is still awake with two hearts. This isn't unusual, you just have to watch the stats to make sure both partners are awake and ready to make a box.

Minimum stats to make a box:
100% and double hearts (lets you know everything else is what it needs to be)
25% energy or more and *awake*
less than 25% hungry
75% or more happy

Kitty Kollege Pawfessor, Kitty Kottage
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Is.../69/224/22
 Thanks given by: Bea Shamrock
09-13-2012, 07:15 AM
Oh!!!!! I wasn't aware of the happiness factor or that that's what the double hearts meant. Thank you so much.
Smokey did finally have her kitty while i was cuddling her and holding Valic at the same time. Not sure where the chateau cat came from or how to post my kitty's pictures here without having to take a new picture of them and upload it somewhere... but will post her little girl's stats. I decided to birth her kitten box because Smokey passed her eyes on and she's cute so will most likely use her to back breed with her father when she's old enough and see what else I get. The new kitten so that you can see turned out to be this:

Fur: Chateau Cat - Black & White No. 2
Size: 12 cm (4.7 inch)

MOM: Smokey

DAD: Valic

I was hoping that she would have gotten Valic's illume shade though.

Thank you so much for the help. Next time I will remember to keep a close eye on both of the cats' happiness levels.
09-13-2012, 09:11 AM
What a cute kitten they made! Congrats! Well, if you plan on backbreeding her with dad then you are sure to get some similar shiny illume kitties.

[Image: 7884046580_9ba4a7cbb5_n.jpg]

Marketplace Store

United Catteries Store
09-13-2012, 10:55 AM
(09-13-2012 07:15 AM)LadyTaelia Resident Wrote:  Fur: Chateau Cat - Black & White No. 2
Size: 12 cm (4.7 inch)

MOM: Smokey

DAD: Valic

I was hoping that she would have gotten Valic's illume shade though.

Thank you so much for the help. Next time I will remember to keep a close eye on both of the cats' happiness levels.

YVW - By the way, she *did* get her father's shade. But she also got a shade trait (natural) from her mom, and natural is more dominant than the Illume, so it shows and the illume hides. Saga has a *great* explanation of traits and dominance/recessiveness in a document on the same web documents folder that contains her charts for dominance/recessiveness.

I encourage you to read thru that (as many times as it takes) and if you have questions, the KC Addicts group is a great place to ask questions. There are also classes offered that cater to all levels of breeders, keep an eye on the education forum at the bottom under Community for announcements on when those are held.

Good Luck!
Liri

Kitty Kollege Pawfessor, Kitty Kottage
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Is.../69/224/22
 Thanks given by: Bea Shamrock
09-15-2012, 06:47 AM
Thank you very much. She is an adorable little kitten and I can't wait to see what I get from her and her father when they are paired. I will be sure to check that documentation. Can use all the knowledge I can obtain. And will keep and eye out for the classes. I'm not yet in the KittyCats addict group but with as many cats as I have now I suppose I should consider being in that too *giggles*
09-15-2012, 08:52 AM
Liriel herself offers a really lovely class on Sunday mornings, in fact! I believe it is at 9am but you're sure to find more info about it in the "educational events" section of the forums!

[Image: 7884046580_9ba4a7cbb5_n.jpg]

Marketplace Store

United Catteries Store

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)