Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Dispelling a common breeding myth
09-10-2012, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2012 04:49 AM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
RE: Dispelling a common breeding myth
(09-10-2012 04:03 PM)Sanura Snowpaw Wrote:  MUST HAVE!!!!
LOLLL!!!
I so bring it to auction with you if I find one Smile

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2012, 10:02 PM
Anna... Zero's and One's.. you are so right.. It is hard to believe that the beauriful KittyCats we see on our screen are all Zero's and One's - LOL Smile

Yes the passing of of traits is interesting and you have done well on your explanation Smile - I am an old fashioned type fellow who still works on gut feel and hold thumbs for the "Servers" decision.. YAY! Sometimes I WIN Smile

(09-10-2012 12:55 AM)anna acanthus Wrote:  
(09-10-2012 12:05 AM)Hamilton Lecker Wrote:  mmmm. I do not think you are nit picking Saga... Pulling traits is not the greatest expression.. I rather see putting a high trait kitty with a low or starter kitty as simply "Trying" to EXPOSE what traits are hidden and then continue from there.. It sometimes, but not always helps.. I still firmly believe that the "Server" is the master Smile

Lol hamilton, i must admit, sometimes i'd like to be Saga But i'm just Anna Big Grin
We"ve been using the word "pull" for well over a year now and as far as i know we always know what we mean by it and this is the first time i've seen it questioned.

But your comment on the server being the master is a good occasion to re-iterate on some basics :
Of course, ONLY the server decides which traits you receive in that new box.
It has the trait data on each kitty, and at each pairing will randomly choose whether to give the shown or the hidden trait, the hidden being allways either the same or a more recessive trait as the shown (NEVER more dominant) but can only give a hidden reccesive if paired with same or more recessive than this hidden, and the same goes for the shown. In very basic binary terms; 1 or 0, = yes or no, ( forgetting the legendary phantom "maybe" we all had fun with in classes Tongue ) although of course, rather more complex in this case .
And the server is just a dumb program on a dumb machine, doing what it's been told to do; and this in a strange barbaric language that only the hardiest minds can bear trying to get around lolol.

I'm sure someone has a clearer, more simple way of explaining this, i'm not that good at it i'm afraid. Blush

Hugs, HamiltonBlush
GumbycatHaven~ GumbyBlog
[Image: gumbycatregion.png]
12-07-2012, 11:46 AM
I'm going to read through this thread more thoroughly later, not feeling good today. But where do I find out about the classes you're talking about? I can predict you're probably gonna suggest joining the group. I would love to but I have my hands full with other things I'm involved with in SL. I have a couple of stores, host for a venue and I am a live performer as well and those groups I can't drop. But I do like the kitties and so I'd like to participate, and am interested in the classes.
12-07-2012, 11:52 AM
The classes are listed in the Education section of the forums! Big Grin The only one I know of that happens every week is at Kitty Kottage Sunday mornings and is very helpful!

[Image: 7884046580_9ba4a7cbb5_n.jpg]

Marketplace Store

United Catteries Store
12-07-2012, 12:12 PM
(12-07-2012 11:52 AM)dakillakm Resident Wrote:  The classes are listed in the Education section of the forums! Big Grin The only one I know of that happens every week is at Kitty Kottage Sunday mornings and is very helpful!

tysm - I will look there. Smile
12-08-2012, 04:47 PM
I hope you're feeling better now Cordelia, and the classes are wonderful. Smile

Wow I missed a lot of this thread.....all those missed thank yous. hehehe

*waves to everyone..... grabs pliers to try and pull some dang traits out of my kitties!

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
01-18-2013, 07:50 PM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2013 08:30 PM by Winter Phoenix.)
Quote: the hidden being allways either the same or a more recessive trait as the shown (NEVER more dominant) but can only give a hidden reccesive if paired with same or more recessive than this hidden, and the same goes for the shown
Do I need a diagram to grasp this concept? I still cant figure this statement out.
Does this simply mean the DOM always comes out on top? Or is there more to it than that?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-18-2013, 09:11 PM
No, you got it.

What you see on the Pedigree Tree View is always the Dominant genetic trait.

There is one hidden, no more. That hidden trait MAY be the same, or may be Recessive. It can never be more dominant.

The only "more to it" is for starters.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)