Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Foxie!
08-25-2012, 07:26 PM
Heart Foxie!
So, I know I would love to have an adorable Foxie and I know lots of other people feel the same! So, I'm wondering what furs have pulled the Foxie. I saw a few Balis had pulled it but I'm just curious!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-25-2012, 08:26 PM
RE: Foxie!
(08-25-2012 07:26 PM)dakillakm Resident Wrote:  So, I know I would love to have an adorable Foxie and I know lots of other people feel the same! So, I'm wondering what furs have pulled the Foxie. I saw a few Balis had pulled it but I'm just curious!

I saw it as a Balinese Chocolate offspring so it is more dominant than all the Balinese I suppose. I think it is the same one we all saw at too adorable lol.

Sylvan Felines Shops:
Collectables
08-25-2012, 11:35 PM
I am think Deery got hers from a Bengal snow hiding a Bali, but I'm not sure of which one
 Thanks given by: Reese Kiergarten
08-26-2012, 05:18 AM
It was a Bali Seal hidden behind a Bengal Snow, though I have the feeling the Foxie Auburn is quite dominant.

Co-owner of TraitS R uS
[Image: bannieretrupetite.png]
Friendly KittyCatS market & auction site. French, English, Spanish, Dutch, German spoken
08-26-2012, 10:17 AM
As a newer breeder I hope it is Nenya, since then it will be accessible for those of us with less highly traited catteries Smile
08-26-2012, 11:41 AM
Yes probably the Auburn isn't very recessive and other colors of Foxie are. I don't think there will be another breed all very recessive like the Balinese.

Sylvan Felines Shops:
Collectables
08-27-2012, 12:11 AM (This post was last modified: 08-27-2012 12:28 AM by anna Acanthus.)
Well the thing about a trait not being very recessive is that it is easily obtained by a direct pull and most of us can easily have a pretty recessive fur like an Aby BS in our cattery now anyhow.

The most recessive new furs have been allways been pulled indirectly ( breed back) even for those with a well developed cattery with plenty of recessives, as even they will not possess anything higher with which to pull directly, although they will of course possess high furs to use as a shown indicator of maybe something very recessive hidden.

A Bali Cream can be obtained by using just a Silver Tabby to get Cream hidden, so even newcomers without any recessive furs can obtain the most recessive with a bit of luck and simple back breeding.
The big breeders who can afford to open 50 new starters at once can have not much result whilst a modest breeder who just opens 4 can hit the jackpot, as we've often seen in the past, so newer breeders; don't give up on your starters until you know at least the fur and eye they are carrying, or other traits that you'd like to devellope in your catteries.
08-27-2012, 01:18 AM
(08-26-2012 05:18 AM)Nenya Eun Wrote:  It was a Bali Seal hidden behind a Bengal Snow, though I have the feeling the Foxie Auburn is quite dominant.

The bengal snow hiding seal was for the bengal tawny. I used a blacksilver hiding seal for the foxie. Smile

[Image: ohdeersig.gif]
KittyCatS History Thread
 Thanks given by: DrusillaRose Resident
08-27-2012, 02:15 AM
Oh, mixed them lol

But result is the same. Smile

Co-owner of TraitS R uS
[Image: bannieretrupetite.png]
Friendly KittyCatS market & auction site. French, English, Spanish, Dutch, German spoken

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)