Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Suggestion: sex change vitamins
04-06-2011, 08:10 AM
Suggestion: sex change vitamins
Vitamins you can give your kitty to change the sex. Perhaps to only be administered once in their lifetime, so people have to choose wisely and live with it. It would give breeders more options when family planning and maybe another option at sale points (natural male/female, can still take sex change vitamin.)

[Image: 32190964281_d1fcb86ebb.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Theodore Nacht
04-06-2011, 12:11 PM
RE: Suggestion: sex change vitamins
Yes, please -- I've thought to ask for the same thing in the past. I would use these in an instant. All I ever birth are males -- I think I've had 2 females out of all the kittens ever, including special edition kitties I've bought. Makes it tough. : <

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-24-2011, 04:06 AM
well i would add on that row .... these option would be really helpful ... and if set for a once in a lifetime use .... should not really harm the "system"
06-24-2011, 08:08 AM
Since this is still being replied to and alive, I wanted to chime in officially with my support of the idea.

06-27-2011, 02:50 AM
Yes please, This could be fun.
06-27-2011, 10:33 PM
On the one hand, I totally would love to use these because my kitties seem to go through cycles where I get all girls or all boys. I think it's also make for some interesting kitty backstories Wink

However, I really am not sure it would work out so great in reality. If I could take my two most awesomely traited kittens (both boys) and change one instantly, that means more time with a perfect pair to get more awesome offspring. On the surface, that sounds great, but I think it would remove a lot of the fun challenges that come with breeding. You'd have twice the chance of having the exact pair you want to breed and that seems more boring to me.

If this were to happen, I'd think it should be one-time and relatively expensive, like a surgery - a big deal. But (sorry guys) I would actually miss some of the frustrations (please be a girl, please be a girl) that can lead to awesome unexpected pairings because there isn't a more appropriate mate.

06-27-2011, 10:42 PM
(06-27-2011 10:33 PM)Kyorisa Yven Wrote:  If this were to happen, I'd think it should be one-time and relatively expensive, like a surgery - a big deal. But (sorry guys) I would actually miss some of the frustrations (please be a girl, please be a girl) that can lead to awesome unexpected pairings because there isn't a more appropriate mate.

I agree it should be relatively expensive and only for one-time use. It would just be another strategy for people to use. I think it would actually be beneficial for those smaller breeders who cannot afford to bid against bigger breeders for the gender they need at auction and who do not have the volume of cats required to stack odds in their favor to get the right gender eventually through sheer numbers. Something to consider, at least.

06-27-2011, 11:06 PM
I see what you mean about smaller breeders, but as this would be a bought item anyway, the majority of the use would largely be by big breeders anyway. I still think it would simplify the game too much. I think it takes away some of the magic. But then, maybe that's just my romantic notion where I think I'm really breeding cats or something Wink

I think trading would be a better way for small breeders to get the sex of a kitty. Maybe we need a better trade/sale system. I've seen a horse system where sellers (and potentially traders) could list a horse by its traits and you could filter through them to find the horse you were looking for. If we had something like that, it might be easier to facilitate trades. You could search for similar kitties and see which were flagged for trades and see what the sellers are looking for in return. Oh, if I only had time to work on this...

06-27-2011, 11:16 PM
(06-27-2011 11:06 PM)Kyorisa Yven Wrote:  I think trading would be a better way for small breeders to get the sex of a kitty. Maybe we need a better trade/sale system. I've seen a horse system where sellers (and potentially traders) could list a horse by its traits and you could filter through them to find the horse you were looking for. If we had something like that, it might be easier to facilitate trades. You could search for similar kitties and see which were flagged for trades and see what the sellers are looking for in return. Oh, if I only had time to work on this...

Yes, right now trading is like pulling teeth. It's insanely complicated because not enough breeders are using these forums, among other factors. We have a group of breeders who spam regularly looking for trades or who post here, but the vast majority of names I see as owners of sales cats in markets, I've never seen around before, and it's not a time zone issue as I'm all over the clock.

07-18-2011, 08:47 PM
Yes please! Resex Vitamins!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)