Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

A thought on Fancie Cats
08-24-2012, 06:51 PM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2012 06:53 PM by Nocshadue Balbozar.)
Lightbulb A thought on Fancie Cats
I've been talking to folks that have some Fancie Cats and thinking..is it really worth trying to get one? Sure they are kewl..they are pretty and something special..but: The only special trait they pass is sometimes very stubborn to get out at all and then seems to drop in value pretty fast as all new traits do; it takes longer and/or costs a lot more to get a fancie cat than a tiger and yet tigers have more to offer; and you have no control over what color fancie cat you get.

I suggest the following:

1) Add special traits to the Fancie Cats that only they can pass other than the eye
2) Find a way to prevent duplicate colors to the same avi or let us choose
3) Maybe surprise everyone and do something completely different like a new breed

Again, I like the idea of the Fancie Cat..but I think a little tweaking would benefit us all.

Hugs,
Noc

Nacht's Landing
ScratchN Shop
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Susannah Luminos , Aubreygrace Starlight
08-24-2012, 06:56 PM
RE: A thought on Fancie Cats
as the owner of a blue fancie, i agree! it took ages to get enough gems and while she is a beauty, i've only gotten her eyes to pass twice. frankly, i would have turned her breed off a long time ago if she didn;t make a gem with each box.

she is amazingly beautiful. i wish something else besides those eyes passed though.
08-24-2012, 07:48 PM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2012 08:03 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
I would love more variety as well In their costumes, not only Oci's, would be cool as well I'm a Siam fan so a fancy Siam would make my day.
But who knows what type of fancy cats we have not found yet Smile
As for the traits: I think it depends on how we look at them.
For a collector only a fancy costume and one passible eye as is now might be enough but I agree also it would be awesome if it would cut both ways for the collector and the breeder and therefore would have the interest of a wider variety of Kitty lovers.
The die hard breeder who cares less for costumes and more for traits as well as collectors and everyone in between.
I myself am not a huge Oci fan, it is one of my least favorite furs, well untill I saw the Oci Blue that one I really love.
Currently I'm collecting gems as well and I can imagine why it would be helpful indeed, to avoid double fancies, if people could have a choice or if the system somehow would register what people already own to avoid double cats.
Because I agree to achieve especially a first fancy kitty is pretty costy.
I think it is hard to compair Le Tigre with the Fancy Cats if only because they developed this gem system and these cats around July 2011 when they just started.

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

Thanks given by: Aubreygrace Starlight
08-03-2016, 05:35 AM
(08-24-2012 07:48 PM)Kayleigh McMillan Wrote:  I would love more variety as well In their costumes, not only Oci's, would be cool as well I'm a Siam fan so a fancy Siam would make my day.
But who knows what type of fancy cats we have not found yet Smile
As for the traits: I think it depends on how we look at them.
For a collector only a fancy costume and one passible eye as is now might be enough but I agree also it would be awesome if it would cut both ways for the collector and the breeder and therefore would have the interest of a wider variety of Kitty lovers.
The die hard breeder who cares less for costumes and more for traits as well as collectors and everyone in between.
I myself am not a huge Oci fan, it is one of my least favorite furs, well untill I saw the Oci Blue that one I really love.
Currently I'm collecting gems as well and I can imagine why it would be helpful indeed, to avoid double fancies, if people could have a choice or if the system somehow would register what people already own to avoid double cats.
Because I agree to achieve especially a first fancy kitty is pretty costy.
I think it is hard to compair Le Tigre with the Fancy Cats if only because they developed this gem system and these cats around July 2011 when they just started.

They seem very difficult to get a fancie kitten or a gem at that to buy one an gems in secondary markets cost to much to see this post here. makes me wounder if they are worth the trouble confirms what i told my lady last nite she wants a fancie i stick with buying megas they more affordable an easier to get then a fancie.

[Image: 5efpnd.jpg]
08-10-2016, 12:08 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2016 12:10 AM by Kayla Woodrunner.)
I like the fancie system. It gives me a long-term goal to save for (I finally did get there). Since I havne't got a lot of them, I am nowhere near getting all the furs. Still I think it might be nice o get a new fur as it always creates a sweet little furor when something new gets released. It's just fun watching the excitement when a new eye hits the cats. And yes, only people who get a fancie get a new eye at first but it does seem to get out into the market pretty quickly. Maybe next June as collections are winding down and the slower summer starts.

And the odds of the eye passing are the same as any other hid, I think. About 50%. And they are not superrecessive so if you get one, you can make more. All the fancie eyes are already out in the market and most of htem have been uptraited nicely.

The fancie system to me is a balance to the random special births like at St. Pattys. Th random special births can happen for anyone who has a breeding pair that week and the odds are fairly high you'll get one I think. The fancie is the opposite side -- not everyone has a chance at it, and you have to save for it with luck providing one or two jewels and the rest: whine, buy or bargain to get the jewels -- most people do. I borrowed the bulk of my jewels from 3 different people and paid them back with the jewels birthed each week from my first fancie. The value is partly in how hard it is to get your first one. One of my friends got her first one without her own birthed jewel to start -- she bargained and bargained to get it, trading furs and eyes and anything she could until she got her 30 emeralds. I don't know anyone who got their first one only with jewels they personally birthed. And after you get the first one, the second one is much much easier.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]
 Thanks given by: Deidra Loring
08-10-2016, 12:43 PM
"... it always creates a sweet little furor when something new gets released."
Well said and so true!

It would be interesting to know if anyone has obtained a Fancie with jewels from kitties they themselves have birthed (aside from Fancie offspring). I have also used creative methods to get them e.g. trading a costumed kitty. That's been part of the challenge/fun, to me.

Early on in this thread, someone reported the number of people who had received jewels and how many had been given, total. I'd like to see that stat again.
08-10-2016, 03:45 PM
I am going to repost my post again in the general chat since there is a thread on the same subject there too.

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." Terry Pratchett
Der Kitty Mill
Latest Born Kitty:
[Image: Kayla_Woodrunner]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)