Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

PARTY AT GUMBYCAT HAVEN 23RD AUG
08-20-2012, 11:25 PM
Music PARTY AT GUMBYCAT HAVEN 23RD AUG
Hi Smile

We have lots to be happy for and celebrate at Gumbycat Haven and this Thursday, August 23rd we'd like to share that with you. :-)

We'll be having a party at 4-6PM SLT and we hope you can join us. (please see my signature for LM, or go to Critters Island 204,236,21)

Fullauto Vandyke and Laz Dresler will be in charge of the music, and Miss Stormy Pixelmaid will be performing one of her comedy routines especially prepared for this event. She has been an SL comedian for over a year at various locations on the Chicago 1920s rp sim at Shepham Estates, and encourages participation form the audience in her performances (left at audience members' discretion). Her acts are in chat, not voice, which usually combines well with dancing and the enjoying of background music.

There will be a raffle kitty and two bidboards with Gumbycat & The Cat Place kitties , and you're more than welcome to bring a kitty or two with you to let them roam around and make new kitty friends while you meet with new and old friends yourself.

Looking forward to seeing you on Thursday,
Hamilton (Lecker) and Bea (Shamrock)

Bea Shamrock, Kitty carer and breeder

"There are no
ordinary cats"
(Colette)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2012, 05:27 AM
RE: PARTY AT GUMBYCAT HAVEN 23RD AUG
Thanks for posting Bea.. I am running out of hours Smile

Hugs, HamiltonBlush
GumbycatHaven~ GumbyBlog
[Image: gumbycatregion.png]
 Thanks given by: Bea Shamrock
08-21-2012, 08:54 AM
oh! Sounds like fun! Can't say I've ever heard of an SL comedian. I saw the beauty Hamilton has up on the bid board, mhmm, whoever goes home with that one is going to be a lucky son of a gun
08-21-2012, 01:00 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2012 01:03 PM by Bea Shamrock.)
Thanks Daki!!!!!!! That kitty really is a beauty! Hamilton has a knack for breeding and choosing great kitties.

I've never seen another SL comedian in chat, only in voice, so I can't really compare, but I enjoy Stormy's acts a lot. Depending on the theme, she sometimes chooses one-liners, mixed with a couple of longer jokes, questions, some amusing historical references....She's quick to react to people's comments and include them in the performance and is usually accompanied by her best friend Syl, Syl's grandma Sage or Grandpa Galdor. They're all quite funny Big Grin
(08-21-2012 05:27 AM)Hamilton Lecker Wrote:  Thanks for posting Bea.. I am running out of hours Smile

My pleasure Smile

I'm working on those 96-hour days.... Big Grin

"There are no
ordinary cats"
(Colette)
08-25-2012, 06:02 AM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2012 06:36 AM by Bea Shamrock.)
Its My Birthday! RE: PARTY AT GUMBYCAT HAVEN 23RD AUG
A big thank you to everyone that was able to join us, and to those who wanted to but for some reason weren't able!!!!! I thought it was great fun, and thanks bunches to our djs Fullauto and Laz, and our comedian Stormy Pixelmaid!!!!!

I'm attaching a photo; you can see some more, and photos of our kitties and projects in our Flickr group if you like. Gumbycat Haven Flickr Group

[Image: 7856217556_2714e66e48_z.jpg]
And here's Aubree, one of the two cuties on our bidboards, who's found a new loving owner and good home Heart

[Image: 7856371638_258ae22e63_z.jpg]

and Gumbycat Daire, the other cutie on our bidboard (bids closed now)

[Image: 7856566246_21a8cb7682_z.jpg]

"There are no
ordinary cats"
(Colette)
 Thanks given by: Hamilton Lecker
08-25-2012, 06:30 AM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2012 06:31 AM by Hamilton Lecker.)
Thank ALL of you that came to the party.. A great success and way more visitors than expected... Ran out of Wine Sad So sorry.. Next time we will make sure we bring in more stock Smile
Hehehe.. Bea got the kitty Smile.. I was so pleased...

(08-21-2012 08:54 AM)dakillakm Resident Wrote:  oh! Sounds like fun! Can't say I've ever heard of an SL comedian. I saw the beauty Hamilton has up on the bid board, mhmm, whoever goes home with that one is going to be a lucky son of a gun

Hugs, HamiltonBlush
GumbycatHaven~ GumbyBlog
08-25-2012, 09:46 PM
(08-25-2012 06:30 AM)Hamilton Lecker Wrote:  Hehehe.. Bea got the kitty Smile.. I was so pleased...

Thank you :-) And I didn't bid...Glad you got Aubree, and thanks to the other person who made a bid Heart

I know many experienced breeders probably have kitties like these in their catteries or their friends' catteries....We did our best and I think they were cute kitties with potential. I'm thrilled to have Daire among my over 600 kitties.

Trying to focus on the positive and all the wonderful people that made it to our party. It meant a lot for us and can't thank you enough. And I'm glad you had a good time too.

No projects are too small or too big for us, just like no kitties are looked down on at GH. That's our philosophy. I'm not changing it.

Thanks to those who believe in us and trust us with your babies on the CatLab. I can't express how much that means to me.

We strive to keep a friendly, inclusive, welcoming and relaxed atmosphere. We may seem naive (I may sound naive). We try to be true to our belief that recessiveness is not all (even though you will find all the most recessive traits available to be introduced in your lines at the CatLab -except for the Baroque furs and eyes -yet- and wavy whiskers -yet-).

This is who we are. We hope you like us as we are.

I should sign this just with my name maybe this time....
Hugs, Bea

"There are no
ordinary cats"
(Colette)
 Thanks given by: Viviana Zerbino
08-25-2012, 10:16 PM
Well said Bea.. I share your feelings.. thank you for ALL you hard work... your knowledge on the mechanics of traits is "Top Drawer" and the way you go about breeding is the Correct Way... No short cuts... Way to go girl Smile

Hugs, HamiltonBlush
GumbycatHaven~ GumbyBlog
08-25-2012, 11:27 PM
Heart

"There are no
ordinary cats"
(Colette)
08-26-2012, 01:06 AM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2012 01:12 AM by dakillakm Resident.)
I would be thrilled to have gotten either of the awesome bid board kitties!! Luckily I've got the awesome cat lab goodness working in my my own cats! I had a great time at the party, hope you guys throw another soon Smile
 Thanks given by: Bea Shamrock , Hamilton Lecker

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)