07-25-2012, 02:37 PM
RE: Fact or rumour ?
Nooo saga i did'nt at all think you were implying this

Your post was very clear to me and thanx for the support Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-25-2012, 02:46 PM
While we're on this subject of rumors, i'm gonna take this opportunity to why i don't listen to them.

1. if i don't have first hand proof, it's a waste of my time and energy.
2. usually the person saying the "fact" has NO proof either.
3. when i hear a 'rumor' that seems serious, i ask FOR PROOF. if none is there, (see number one)
4. some people LIKE to spread rumors to divide a community OR to gain popularity OR a number of reasons.
5. if someone tells me a "story" and it's negative, i usually ask "did you go ask the person?" if they say no, (see number one)

also, often people who start & spread rumors have NO facts to back them up. so it's a wonder why anyone listens to them at all.

so my advice?

believe the best, ASK the person FIRST HAND YOURSELF, get the FACTS, and you will be much happier Smile

it's so so so hard to track even the start of a rumor as ONE statement when passed thru the mouths of 5 ppl or even ONE can be so different.

that's why i really don't listen to them. if i did, i'd not do business anywhere, have NO friends, and life would be pretty lonely cuz i've heard "something" about almost everyone and every business that's been negative. i just choose to wait for my OWN experience OR hard cold facts.

ok well food for thought i hope Smile
 Thanks given by: Bea Shamrock , Wytchie Resident , Jeauno Wind
07-25-2012, 03:07 PM
I'd add that not only does the company guarantee no bias in the random choice, many of us monitor it. If there were a bias toward one gender, or toward specific dominance relationships, it would be quickly noted by those of us who keep an eye on such things. I'm sure the resulting hullabaloo on these Forums would be deafening. Not only is it contrary to the company's interests to bias things, even if they tried, they'd be caught and called on it.

Take all rumors you hear about biases in the randomness of the game as false.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-05-2012, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2012 01:09 PM by Charlotte Calael.)
(07-25-2012 11:55 AM)anna acanthus Wrote:  For the last few weeks i've been noticing a marked reduction in recessive traits pulling for me, and hiddens pulling from behind gen as well. I thought it was just another run of bad luck for me but i've recently heard that this has been implemented : recessives being made more difficult to pull.
I believe some were complaining that traits were pulling too easily and flooding the market, but this is pretty shortsighted and not really thought out at all. For example, the Balis seem to have dropped in price fast but in fact it hasn't been any faster than eg. the Siam Flames or ABY BS before them.
Those of us who produce those special combis of traits have sweated for months to get there, and i can tell you this has NEVER been easy at ALL ! Now if it'll take 9 months instead of 6 to reach a goal it's really not worth trying anymore is it ?
This implementation would certainly not refresh a flagging market as some may think.

I really hope that this is just a rumour, but if it is indeed true then we really ought to have been at least warned i think.

This romur is not new it been of and on for over a year now by diffrent people. I think there is some people who get unlucky pulling traits and then blame it on somthing else like a KittycatGod or a black cloud over there head. Bad script against them.. its been going on for months now if it would be True this im suprised we get anything out from our cats at all *joke* If Callie says its not true its not true. And she confirm its just a rumour.

Visit my store @ http://slurl.com/secondlife/Vygg/25/118/83 [Image: avatar_753.jpg?dateline=1331973492]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)