Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Fact or rumour ?
07-25-2012, 11:55 AM (This post was last modified: 07-25-2012 01:07 PM by anna Acanthus.)
Fact or rumour ?
For the last few weeks i've been noticing a marked reduction in recessive traits pulling for me, and hiddens pulling from behind gen as well. I thought it was just another run of bad luck for me but i've recently heard that this has been implemented : recessives being made more difficult to pull.
I believe some were complaining that traits were pulling too easily and flooding the market, but this is pretty shortsighted and not really thought out at all. For example, the Balis seem to have dropped in price fast but in fact it hasn't been any faster than eg. the Siam Flames or ABY BS before them.
Those of us who produce those special combis of traits have sweated for months to get there, and i can tell you this has NEVER been easy at ALL ! Now if it'll take 9 months instead of 6 to reach a goal it's really not worth trying anymore is it ?
This implementation would certainly not refresh a flagging market as some may think.

I really hope that this is just a rumour, but if it is indeed true then we really ought to have been at least warned i think.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-25-2012, 12:04 PM
RE: Fact or rumour ?
This will be a very interesting topic. I look forward to reading all the replies.
07-25-2012, 12:53 PM
well I breed most of my kitties for 99 days before I send them in.. and in doing so I have seen a pattern or well what I think is a pattern.. the first box your two virgin cats seem to throw at you is usually a dud. I will not say it is bad because sometimes duds are good. but lets say you are pulling from a starter and just about every trait is gen except for one or two. the next three boxes are some what ok good boxes. they have the fur you want the eyes but maybe missing something else. by boxes 5 6 7 you are hitting it hard and good and getting them just missing one thing perfect boxes then you drop back down again.

Where I have seen this is my 9T bengal snow line the most.. it went like this.. started with a 8T bengal snow against a 9T bengal snow. 8T+1, 8T+1, 8T+1(boy able to back breed to 9T)8T+1, 9T, 9T, 9T, 9T, 8T+1, 8T+1. and now on to other things because I know I have my pair of 9T kitties in a box. I hope this is all clear as mud for you all but all I am saying.. give it a week or two and you might be riding high.

Rayne Morningstar
Auctioneer at Too Adorable
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Si...e/37/98/21
 Thanks given by: DrusillaRose Resident , Wytchie Resident
07-25-2012, 01:17 PM
i can answer and say 100% it's a rumor.

in the future if anyone hears such a rumor know they have an open door to write me or any of us to ask. we are MORE than happy to answer and clear up any rumors before they take on a life of their own.

so again, this is NOT true Smile
 Thanks given by: Sanura Snowpaw , Bea Shamrock , penfold83 Resident , DrusillaRose Resident , Wytchie Resident
07-25-2012, 01:20 PM
Thanks Callie, i think this has put quite a few minds at rest Smile
07-25-2012, 01:56 PM (This post was last modified: 07-25-2012 02:22 PM by Kayleigh McMillan.)
(07-25-2012 01:20 PM)anna acanthus Wrote:  Thanks Callie, i think this has put quite a few minds at rest Smile

Yes my mind as well to be honest

[Image: o5e5bzt]

Retro Kitties Showroom ยป

Notorious kitty hoarder ..
My cats rarely leave my cattery.

07-25-2012, 02:00 PM
Rumors like these are created ever so often - at one time, it even happened during one of my auctions: One person publicly stating for a fact that KittyCatS had changed the breeding process (-and as a side effect that my "theories" on breeding as presented in my Google Docs were then worthless), and me trying in vain to say that I am absolutely sure they would never do that without letting us know.
At that time, a person present at the auction alerted Callie, and both Callie & Kitten made an instant appearance and put the rumors to rest - I happily lent Callie the state for a few minutes for that Big Grin

Rumors like these are damaging for the community, most of all for our trust towards each other and the company behind our beloved cats.

-So it's awesome to pull them out into the open like you did here, Anna, so that they can be put to rest... again! <3

Saga's Google Docs - Click here
07-25-2012, 02:13 PM
Well Saga that was mainly the idea, to get it out in the open and disclaimed or avowed.
Funnily enough though , as i won't give names it seems that i may be held responsible for creating this rumour.

Irony of sort ^^
07-25-2012, 02:16 PM
to say it again, if anyone EVER hears a rumor, please encourage the person saying it to contact us. period. if you don't hear it from us, or in a notice, or in a forum, then it's probably not true.

and on HUGE things like this, IF we EVER did anything of the sort we would for SURE tell our customers. we take our reputation, trust and business practices VERY serious.

we value each of you and our community and would NEVER undermine the trust we have with you. EVER. Period.

so again, you all are welcomed to write me or the team ANYTIME when you hear any rumor.

thanks!
 Thanks given by: Sanura Snowpaw , Bea Shamrock , DrusillaRose Resident , Wytchie Resident
07-25-2012, 02:26 PM
(07-25-2012 02:13 PM)anna acanthus Wrote:  Funnily enough though , as i won't give names it seems that i may be held responsible for creating this rumour.

Anna, I did not at all mean to imply that you were behind this rumor. On the contrary, I was trying to say how great it is that you took it out in the open. I am sorry if this was not clear enough.

It could of course also be that you just meant to say that others hold you responsible for creating this - but hey, now I should have made it 100% clear that at least I don't... For whatever that's worth ;-)

-And Callie - thanks for stating this so clearly <3 Rumors like these are really damaging, so it's great you're always open to answering any and all questions about stuff like this from any or all of us <3

-Saga

Saga's Google Docs - Click here

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)