Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Balinese, and the secondary market. Can we *avoid* having a round 2 of this?
07-09-2012, 10:39 AM
RE: Balinese, and the secondary market. Can we *avoid* having a round 2 of this?
Hi Noc!!!!!!!!!! lol
The flame had to be back bred out of the starter. I remember before I learned how to pull a more recessive fur out of a starter, I trashed quite a few starters. I think that could be part of why there seem to be a few that get the new recessive furs. I know a lot of ppl have said they get frustrated and give up. So the odds of getting new furs and traits could be a lot higher than what we see. A lot of those starters that get dumped out of frustration could be new furs and traits.
And that is why I now love starters. I love the challenge and I think I"m part masochist because it can be really frustrating. But when you get something nice it's a feeling of accomplishment.
Everyone keeps saying how everyone buys for the recessivenes. I don't think that is true. I think it has more to do with the fact that it's something new. It's not a breed of fur that's been around long. There are other furs more recessive than the Balis that haven't done as well as the Balis because they are another color of a fur that is been around a while.
For me I want to know where it falls on the ladder of dome and recessive because when I buy a fur or trait, I'm buying for what the end result will be. I see a nice fur but won't buy it because they hide a recessive fur in them and I know that is what I'll end up with in the end.
I also think it has to do with ppls tastes. The Bali seal did amazing because it was the first truly new fur and cute as all get out. Then the lilac did well because it too was new and ppl like the look. I was surprised the choco didn't seem to do as well because it's just as cute. That is why I think it has a lot to do with ppls preferences and tastes.
I personally would love to see new breeds of furs. And I love the challenge of the recessive furs. This is just my preference. Personally I get tired of seeing the same kitties over and over. I've been breeding a long time so I've seen a million combinations of the same furs and traits. Please don't get me wrong, they're all cute as all get out! And believe me when I say I know the work that goes into making them! But everyone else has already made them so there is nothing there I can do that would be new or challenging when I can just buy the kitty I wanted to make. And to be honest, and I mean this with all respect since I know it's a lot of work and money to make kitties. I don't want to buy a premade kitty. I've bought kitties with one or two traits because they were the traits I wanted to work into my furs. To me a fur is like a canvass, what you put on it is art. Smile
All kitties are cute. They talk to us. They look up at us with those cute little faces. They do the cutest things. The detail that goes into them is amazing. And it's fun making the kitties we want with all the furs and traits to choose from.

Devine Kitty Stuff MarketPlace
Devine Kitties at The Kat Shack
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Wytchie Resident
07-09-2012, 08:49 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 08:50 PM by Brandon Dawson.)
RE: Balinese, and the secondary market. Can we *avoid* having a round 2 of this?
I tend to get Siamese Lilac's, Russian Blues, Snowshoe Lilacs, Burmese Blues frequently from starters... and this is breeding them out with Flames/Black Silvers/Balineses and back breeding.

I've only gotten lucky with 2 starters total out of over hundred starter/holiday kittens since Christmas. It's pure RNG (Random Number Generator) on the fur that is generated out of Starter KittyCat. There is 70 Furs total at the moment(if I include the new Ebony Silver Ocicat)..

There's a 10% chance of pulling a Balinese or New Ocicat fur by that logic, or a 1.4% chance of people getting the most recessive fur. Frankly I'm not sure how fluid or even reasonable that math could be, but I've gotten rotten luck until recently from Starters, I'm just glad I finally get something decent.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Ethereal Hurricane , Wytchie Resident

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)