Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Possible new traits
03-07-2024, 12:07 AM
Possible new traits
Alright so I have searched all through the google docs (that are supposed to be up to date I am told) and cannot find anything with anyone else discovering black whiskers, boo boo ears and a chop chop tail. I see they are listed but nothing that says they have been discovered by anyone yet. So have I stumbled upon a new hidden trait? If they're not and are retired traits instead, the Google docs should say that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2024, 11:22 AM
RE: Possible new traits
(03-07-2024 12:07 AM)BrookeLei GossipGirl Wrote:  Alright so I have searched all through the google docs (that are supposed to be up to date I am told) and cannot find anything with anyone else discovering black whiskers, boo boo ears and a chop chop tail. I see they are listed but nothing that says they have been discovered by anyone yet. So have I stumbled upon a new hidden trait? If they're not and are retired traits instead, the Google docs should say that.

Those are all known traits.

They're all on the dominance charts as well.

Black Whisker #5
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10-9WtItK0LWyUSZqnI_6sGngJXtgVsSaSYJd2GN3qqw/edit#gid=824555754

Boo Boo Ears #5
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10-9WtItK0LWyUSZqnI_6sGngJXtgVsSaSYJd2GN3qqw/edit#gid=992529548

Chop Chop Tail #11
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10-9WtItK0LWyUSZqnI_6sGngJXtgVsSaSYJd2GN3qqw/edit#gid=2124331766

There are three resources you can use for identifying traits known and unknown. The our cats tab in the upper left hand corner lists known traits on this site.
The dominance charts are pretty current and up to date as well and Torgon's to see of anyone is selling that trait already you can search by individual traits there.
 Thanks given by: Eleanor8 Resident , Songdog Woolley
03-07-2024, 02:32 PM
Anything listed on charts has been 'discovered'. Anything currently 'undiscovered' would not be listed anywhere, because we would not know it exists until someone discovers it. Hope that makes sense and clarifies things for you!

Keep searching for those undiscovered traits .. you never know when one will pop out! Wink
03-07-2024, 04:27 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2024 04:36 PM by Eleanor8 Resident.)
Only one of those three traits is listed on the Discovery Charts, two aren't - other than a listing in the Mystery Traits section of the charts. They all definitely have existed for a very long time though - all predate my time in Kittycats (and this Spring is my 10th anniversary).

Tails discovery - Chop Chop discovered Halloween 2011 No name for the person who discovered them is given.

Curiously I can't find a listing anywhere for the discovery of Black whiskers. The earliest post I can find referring to Black whiskers is 8th October 2012. So, they have been around a very long time and their discovery seems lost in the mists of time.

I also can't find a discovery listing for Boo Boo ears on the history charts. I have found a post referring to them from 20th August 2014, where the writer says they have put Boo Boo ears on their cat, which maybe suggests they were a relatively new trait back in 2014, though both cats referred to are 9T and it may have taken a while to get them there.

Heart Eleanor
 Thanks given by: Jolita Korobase , Songdog Woolley
03-07-2024, 04:36 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2024 04:38 PM by Auricula4 Resident.)
The earliest kitty I can find in my cattery with Boo Boo ears was one bred on March 6, 2013.
 Thanks given by: Eleanor8 Resident
03-09-2024, 04:45 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2024 04:46 PM by Revan Salamander.)
Eleanor, the Black were certainly Pre Blonde Streaked and although my memory isnt what it once was, I am fairly sure they were prior to 2 Tone B&W too. As for the Boo Boo Ears, they were prior to Ody Boo Boo which would put both those traits 2011 and definitely before the Winter Collection of that year. This is just from memory but think I am pretty accurate in saying these things.
And Auricula, pretty sure the cattery came around after the Love Collection of 2012 so that would be explain not having any boo boo in there prior.

LazyCatS Auctioneer & KittyCatS Addict
 Thanks given by: Eleanor8 Resident , Auricula4 Resident
03-10-2024, 10:27 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2024 10:35 AM by Serena Stroikavskoi.)
Hey Guys & Gals, if my memory serves well I believe Boo Boo was one of the first traits discovered. So I went on a hunt in my cattery and looked. I don't see the kitty owner around and believe she's no longer with us. But they have been a traits since at least May 2012.

Here's my oldest that had Boo Boo hidden.

[Image: b364c0b22eeb522dc01f4a3584ba0ff8.png]

Earliest post I see with Boo Boo ears is May 2011 is this one https://kittycats.ws/forum/showthread.php?tid=1013. Hope this helps.

"You're just jealous because the kitties only talk to me."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
 Thanks given by: Ivy Norsk , Foxchase Pick , Auricula4 Resident

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)