Drop Menu Website Template

Hello There, Guest! Register

Supporting other breeders versus grandparent rule at auctions
03-19-2023, 07:09 AM
RE: Supporting other breeders versus grandparent rule at auctions
I know when I was new it was hard to participate at auctions because of the grandparnet rule. A lot of newer breeders don't know and just want to sell cats, they aren't always "flipping" them. But I put a lot of hard work into my lines, always have, even on my old avatar. The rule i think used to be that it had to be 2 grandparents but i believe they decreased it to give newer breeders a chance. I respect it because people should be compensated for their hard work. A lot of my cats have been flipped in the past and it makes me sad to see people taking advantage and just producing boxes to sell to make money off your lines. we all do share traits and mix lines etc, but when your'e going for a certain combo, it hurts to see people taking advantage of your time, work and money spent to breed them. <3 happy breeding
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Arcadiamyst Resident , Bea Shamrock , Mirsoul Resident
04-21-2023, 07:29 AM
RE: Supporting other breeders versus grandparent rule at auctions
(02-23-2023 07:52 PM)Polenth Yue Wrote:  
(02-23-2023 01:22 PM)Songdog Woolley Wrote:  I have to add .02 to this - there are definitely auctions that don't end with "future sales". Indeed during any auction, there may be panels that don't sell. But I regularly attend auctions at which every single panel is sold. This happened just last night, and it's not a rare occurrence. I love auctions, they are a place where we can get together and talk about the kitties and the traits and what we like, and just have fun with other breeders and lovers of our kitties!
What bothers me more, and touches on the topic of this thread, is folks who go to auctions only to sell THEIR cat and rarely, if ever, bid on a cat. To me the auctions are all about the community, and I absolutely love to bid on fabulous cats bred by others. Also, if my cat doesn't get bids, I still had fun with all the folks, talking about kitties and stuff.
So, if the auctions you attend all end with "future sales", try another auction! Wink

I sympathise with people not bidding on cats, because I wouldn't be able to either. Someone might sell cats because they need the money for things like tier payment.

Yeah, that's why auctions are not for me. it's usually the same people bidding on each other's cat. If they don't know you, they are not interested. I don't want to feel obligated to bid myself if I want my cat to be considered "worthy".
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)